hard to believe...

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
INOFFALYIBELIEVE
Junior B

hard to believe...

Post by INOFFALYIBELIEVE »

The main stumbling block to the postponement of the u21 was not kilkenny, the leinster council or the CCC but the U21 team management who were furious at this game not going ahead....i couldnt believe it but that was the case...

Up to Monday evening the GAA were waiting for an answer as to what we wanted.. incredulous

Kevin
All Star

Re: hard to believe...

Post by Kevin »

Interesting. Would you have any idea if the players felt similarly?

If all were in the frame of mind to play Kilkenny on the heels of a big senior championship game (regardless of what might seem to make sense) that is an attitude and spirit that people can get behind. It will need to be harnessed, of course.

Just wondering.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

bula bula
All Star

Post by bula bula »

Would not be suprised if that was true and I really could not blame them. How things were already set would have suited the u21`s and perhaps even the seniors all the more. If we were to knock out Waterford this week then the situation would be worse than this week and I really cannot see another postponement happening. Thats the price of success I suppose!
"Ohhh mamma!"

Loughers
All Star

Post by Loughers »

The U-21 management team wanted it to go ahead, but the players weren't strongly in favour. Six of one....
Esto Fidelis