Offaly v Westmeath

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Mr Faithful
Junior B

Offaly v Westmeath

Post by Mr Faithful »

Last Saturday night, was the most depressing game I have witnessed, im travelling the length & breath of the country following Offaly & its the same old story everytime. When is Pat Roe going to wake up & see that a forward line consists of 6 players and not 2. Westmeath had 4 defenders vs our McNamee & Deehan. Lets face facts he got his tactics wrong. Anyone with a brain could see Alan McNamee should have been taken off, what player goes up for a ball with his eyes closed and hands 4ft apart, Scott Brady is too slow, Pascal Kelleghan is past it & sure everyone wants to blame poor auld McManus when in fact he gives it his all. The main men on the day were Niall Smith, Niall McNamee(although sometimes seems not interested) Karol Slattery & McManus.

A new man is needed for the qualifiers, its backwards we are going. Are we not entitled to have the spirit of the 82 team or the team of 97. Maybe Pat should read the Kings of September to give him & the team a wake up call they need. As supporters we deserve to have the good days back.

Roll on the qualifiers, we have the base of a good team, i know its difficult to manage 30 personalities but with a bit of hard ball, massaging ego's, the balance can be struck. I wear my heart on my jersey I hope others have the same passion both inside & outside the Offaly camp.

Mr Faithful

daingeanman
Junior C

Re: Offaly v Westmeath

Post by daingeanman »

your spot on there , spot on.

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

My team for qualifers.
1. p.kelly
2. P.McConway
3.G.Rafferty
4.N. Grennan
5.J.Keane
6.R.Fox
7.K.Slattery
8.J.Kelly
9.N.Smith
10.S. RYAN
11.C.McManus
12.J.Reynolds
13.T.Deehan
14.P.Kelleghan
15.N.McNamee
And for crying out loud lets pray to God we never see a repeat of last Saturday's crazy tactics. Leave Tommo and Niall on their own up front as the two man full forward line, bring Paschal out as a third midfielder and hit the two guys with quick direct ball at every oppurtunity. It's not rocket science, it worked to a large extent in 2006 and there is no reason why it can't work again.

Silken Thomas
All Star

Post by Silken Thomas »

Agree with a lot of your ideas B & R so here is mine;

Team for qualifers.

1. P.Kelly
2. B. Darby
3. G.Rafferty
4. N. Grennan/ S Brady
5. J.Keane
6. R.Fox
7. K.Slattery
8. J.Kelly
9. N.Smith
10. S. Ryan
11. C.McManus
12. D Egan
13. J. Coughlan/ T. Deehan
14. P.Kelleghan
15. N.McNamee
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.