moments that shook sport

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Doon Massive
All Star

moments that shook sport

Post by Doon Massive »

Watching this last night, we got in at number seven for the protest against clare in 98, made even better by the fact we all had an active part in it.
Great memories. I remember one man got onto the pitch first, frantically waving everybody else out.
And having a chat to the Kerry Kildare hurlers on the pitch....... 8)

ah the good ol' days........

DD
All Star
Location: He's on the 45.. he's on the 21..he's on the 14..a shot..

Post by DD »

I wasn't going to bother going down onto the pitch - I was still that pissed off with the first half performance all I wanted to do was get up the road for a few pints, but then I said "fuck it, why not!?".
I recall seeing Daithi Regan out there. Apart though from one or two eegits pulling up a few lumps out of the pitch, it was all a bit of a laugh.
I was relieved when Christy todd came out and spoke to the crowd and encouraged us to move on as I was beginning to wonder how long we were going to have to stay there as there was a gallon of drink with my name on it up in Kavanaghs - twas a great night after!
Typical of the year - ye wouldn't swap it for anything!

I don't think the Kildare and Kerry boys were too impressed with us mind..

The Biff
All Star

Missed it

Post by The Biff »

When I realised Cooney had blown up early, I "stormed out" of Croker quicker than I have ever done, feeling absolutely livid. I could see that we were on a comeback, and genuinely felt that we could have rescued the game.

When I got to my car (parked up around The Mater), turned on the radio and heard what was going on, I was double disappointed. I thought about heading back to Croker to try to join in the protest, but reckoned that it would probably be over before I'd get back there, assuming I'd even be able to get back in.

It ranks high on my list of Missed Occasions, along with the 1980 Leinster Hurling Final.