Who will replace McIntyre?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
midfield
County player

Who will replace McIntyre?

Post by midfield »

As Per title , who will replace John McIntyre as Offaly Hurling Manager?

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

My understanding is that Aidan Fogarty is the clear front runner. Haven't heard any update of this in the last few weeks though.

green&white
Senior

Post by green&white »

I heard Joe Dooley is in the ruunnin as well.
So far the cadidates from Offaly are:
Aidan Fogarty
Padraig Horan
Joe Dooley
Paddy Kirwan

As far as I'm concerned the co board can keep all four of them!!!! Two of the candidates have sons involved so in my view this rules these men out! Fogarty hasnt a clue! Kirwan would be good but is too controversial and talks too much in his taxi!!

Heard rumours ( could be wild) that Dave Keane is interested in the job.. He trained Limerick to 3 u-21's in a row and was supposed to have got a raw deal with the senior ream only gettin one term!

Comments.........

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I don't see why having a son on team/panel should rule a man out of the running?

In any county you will have a few small minded eejits who are convinced the only reason the son or relation is picked is down to nepotism, no matter how well they play. There are plenty of them in Offaly and we shouldn't bother pandering to these small minded fools.

Brian Cody, Mickey Harte, Joe Kernan etc have all picked/dropped their sons at various times.
Granted there was the predictable spite from some followers, but I never heard it suggested that they shouldn't hold their position because of any "conflict of interest".

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Add in Mick O'Dwyer to that list, not to mention Páidí Ó'Sé picking his nephews and you have nearly as many All Ireland winning managers picking their relatives as not. It shouldn't be part of the decision making process and I can't imagine that it will be.

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

The only thing stopping Aidan Fogarty getting the job is himself, he has it if he wants it. The only reason that he might not take it is because of serious health problems he had a few years ago, it could be too much for him to take on but its his if he wants it.

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

The only thing stopping Aidan Fogarty getting the job is himself, he has it if he wants it. The only reason that he might not take it is because of serious health problems he had a few years ago, it could be too much for him to take on but its his if he wants it.

Sydthebeat
All Star

Post by Sydthebeat »

according to the GAA website:
http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi? ... a_id=20412

Friday, September 21.

Joe Dooley is the latest man to throw his hat in the ring for the vacant Offaly senior hurling manager's position.
The former Faithful County great will have stiff competition for the job, however, as Aidan Fogarty, Padraig Horan and Paddy Kirwan are all on the shortlist to succeed John McIntyre.
Fogarty is seen by many as the clear favourite after he assisted McIntyre in his capacity as selector this season. The Banagher native has also managed county minor and under-21 teams in the past.
However, now that Dooley has entered the race, Fogarty may find himself second favourite to the Clareen legend.
Dooley, one of three brothers to wear the Offaly colours, played inter-county hurling for 18 seasons, picking up an All Star and three All Ireland medals along the way.

Sydthebeat
All Star

Post by Sydthebeat »

double post.....

can someone fix that debug stuff that comes up every time you pst something...

or think about moving to phpbb version 3.0???

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Sydthebeat wrote:according to the GAA website:
http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi? ... a_id=20412

Friday, September 21.

Joe Dooley is the latest man to throw his hat in the ring for the vacant Offaly senior hurling manager's position.
The former Faithful County great will have stiff competition for the job, however, as Aidan Fogarty, Padraig Horan and Paddy Kirwan are all on the shortlist to succeed John McIntyre.
Fogarty is seen by many as the clear favourite after he assisted McIntyre in his capacity as selector this season. The Banagher native has also managed county minor and under-21 teams in the past.
However, now that Dooley has entered the race, Fogarty may find himself second favourite to the Clareen legend.
Dooley, one of three brothers to wear the Offaly colours, played inter-county hurling for 18 seasons, picking up an All Star and three All Ireland medals along the way.
I remember Joe Dooley was over Toomevara a few years ago and was let go by them.
I'm not sure what the circumstances were, but it hardly strengthens his cause.

Offalys Future
All Star

Post by Offalys Future »

Announcement tomorrow night,
its looking like Aidan Fogarty or Joe Dooley
" In The Presence Of Confidence Doubt Cannot Exist "

Biffo Army
Intermediate

Post by Biffo Army »

Just a word on this, here is hoping Joe Dooley gets the job!! My reasoning for this would be the fact that Fogarty was already involved under the shambles that was McIntyre's spell in charge......I believe we need a clean sweep from that regime! Dooley would bring a new impetus, fresh ideas and would hopefully shuffle the pack and get some of the guys that were dropped/disinterested back on board for next season.
The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Offalys Future
All Star

Post by Offalys Future »

Biffo Army wrote:Just a word on this, here is hoping Joe Dooley gets the job!! My reasoning for this would be the fact that Fogarty was already involved under the shambles that was McIntyre's spell in charge......I believe we need a clean sweep from that regime! Dooley would bring a new impetus, fresh ideas and would hopefully shuffle the pack and get some of the guys that were dropped/disinterested back on board for next season.
I would agree with most of that but the big problem with Dooley is that he has very little experience.
I would have liked to see him as more of a hurling coach than the main man in charge.
Tonight will tell all anyway. My money is on Fogarty though.
Dont know what that committee was setup for not one of them has trained a county team before. It looks like the county board want the cheapest manager that they can get.

Muck Savage
All Star

Post by Muck Savage »

So Joe Dooley it is, even though Aertel got it that he's to manage the footballers :lol:

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/240-01.html

Offalys Future
All Star

Post by Offalys Future »

A sad day for the future of Offay hurling
And if those two are the selectors then it's just a complete joke.

I love the way they say he managed a top side toomevara, but they dont say they told him to get lost after a few months coz he hadnt a clue.
What did he win with Tullamore and Clareen as trainer?

I seems that this committee are giving him the job because of his dedication to Offaly hurling over the years.
Disgraceful

As these people completely stupid or what.
This is a intercounty huring team not a club side.