GAA Big Hits

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

GAA Big Hits

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Well Lads,

I was wondering has anyone the interest or the tools to make a video on youtube that has big GAA hits on it.

I'm just after seeing Tony Larkins huge hit on Tony Browne in the NHL final and it was a match for any hit I've ever seen in Ice Hockey (a sport I love).

If you look on youtube there are loads of videos of big hockey hits so I was wondering why not have a GAA one?

Muck Savage
All Star

Post by Muck Savage »

That would be mighty MFF. Christ over the past few years there have been some right belts on the GAA field and the lads jump straight back up with none of this Soccer rolling.
As regards helping out to do it, we'd have to be able to download a lot of the hits from DVD's around the place and then stick them together.
What song would you put to it???

On the Ice Hockey, great game. I was in the Shark tank last night and the roof almost came off the place. Some rare hitting in it, I'd love to know how someone like Sid would have done in it or likewise how someone like Joe Thornton would manage in hurling, great wrist work with him. Can't beat the playoffs right now for pure passion to win.

juteman
County player

Post by juteman »

Excellent idea. My best memory is from the early 80's and hard to get I'd say.
Offaly v Wexford - Joachim and Mick Jacob(I think) going for a ball under the Hogan stand close to the sideline - right in front of me. Joachim flat out eye on the ball, Jacob flat out eye on Joachim. Both get to the ball at the same time...Joachim pulls on the ball driving it up the field just as Jacob charges him from the side.Like a doll hopped off a wall Jacob hops off Joachim over the sideline and hits the strings of wirefencing at the bottom. Not a gig out of Joachim - classic
JUTEMAN