Joe Bergin 'Badly Injured' ?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Kevin
All Star

Joe Bergin 'Badly Injured' ?

Post by Kevin »

Anybody happen to see the 'Bergin Incident' that McIntyre is on about here?

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=74531

beirut
All Star

Post by beirut »

He was playing U21 on the Monday and had about 4 goals after 20 mins after which point he was taken off........ maybe as a precaution?

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

Looking at it on TV there didn't seem to be any malacious contact, more looked like he went down with some sort strain. If it was a strain tho, he wouldn't be playing U-21 a few days later!

Loughers
All Star

Post by Loughers »

He got a smack in the balls, and the team reckon it was malicious. Molloy got a similiar smack. Coincidence??
Esto Fidelis

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

We were playing Wexford - a team that won it's only All Ireland in the last half-lifetime by virtue of taking out Sid, DJ and then Gary Kirby early in games on their way to doing so. Maybe that was a coincidence too.

I'd often wonder in that situation though, if that starts happening, why did Wexford get out with a clean bill of health? Much and all as I hate to be advocating eye for an eye, we've a quare young team out there and there should be an onus on our few senior guys out there to make sure that these lads get looked after. I know we were away from home and all that, but I'd be worried that without taking a few reprisals you set a terrible tone for the summer, that you'll be easily walked on.