Searching for a club again!!

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Searching for a club again!!

Post by Lone Shark »

My London stint has come to an end, so yours truly, defying all the AIB ads that say a club is for life, is scrounging around for a temporary home once more. Now living in Galway, for the next six months anyway - Terryland, north of the city. I don't know what the club story is around there - anyone know of a club where a man could kick ball and do a bit of training for the summer?

Basically, what I'd be looking for would be ....

(1) Training at least twice a week to a decent standard
(2) A club that wouldn't get het up if I'm never free on Sundays. With in running betting the way it is, I'll do well to get four or five Sundays off this calendar year - so ideally it would be a club where either they wouldn't care if I wasn't around for matches, or else tended to play games in the morning or on Weekday evenings.
(3) A club that tolerates utterly, utterly useless dogsbodies.

Any ideas?

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

Mervue might be one club you could look at LS. We beat them in the Minor Club final in 1991. I'm sure that they have a few teams. They are based out near the Huntsman Roundabout, up the road that leads away from town, towards Ballybrit.

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

Cheers for that - might give them a shout so. Hopefully there's more to them than just a good intermediate team though.

Tom
County player

Post by Tom »

I'm in Terryland myself. And kickin a ball with the college, and as far as i know, there are very few clubs in or around the city apart from maybe headin to Salthill/Knocknacarra... Maybe they'll give ya a few bob. :D

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

I'd say the demand for a refund wouldn't be long coming once they saw me play.... :(

Delboy
Junior C

Post by Delboy »

I think st michals is the local gaa club around terryland/newcastle area.

I am living in castlegar (hurling club) - prefer the bigger ball myself!!