Junior A Hurling

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
kingscounty
All Star

Re: Junior A Hurling

Post by kingscounty »

massive shock drumcullen beaten kk, k/k must have lost some amount of players from when they first started the championship.?

alltheway
Intermediate

Post by alltheway »

kingscounty wrote:massive shock drumcullen beaten kk, k/k must have lost some amount of players from when they first started the championship.?

KK Team:
Donal Rigney
Brian Gorman
Fergus Gorman
John Kenna
Alan Conroy
Martin Murray
Shane Melia
Paul Bracken
Possibly Seamus Spain?
Peter Troy
Paul Guinan
John Leahy
Ian Keating
Paul Cummins
Paul Leonard

Cant see too many lost?

puzzled
All Star
Club: neutral

Post by puzzled »

Results from last night
Raheen 2-11 Seir Kieran 3-11
K/K 0-15 Drumcullen 4-4
Kinnitty 8-13 Brosna Gaels 1-5
Birr 0-7 St.Rynaghs 4-14
Ballinamere 1-17 Belmont 3-11
Great result for Drumcullen last night, K/K have put themselves under serious pressure going into the last game against Killiegh,put simply if they dont get a win or a draw they are gone!
Rynaghs are starting to look like they could be serious contenders they have Paudie Mulhare and Eunan Martin back playing for them this year those two guys would be hard for any junior backline to handle!
At the other end of things Brosna Gaels look like they could be on the way straight back down to junior B,cant see them being able to beat Edenderry or Raheen in the relegation playoff!

___
Junior B

Post by ___ »

My predictions in football are:

SENIOR - Rhode
INTERMEDIATE - St.Brigids
JUNIOR A - Cappincur
MINOR - St.Vincents

hurling:

SENIOR - Birr
INTERMEDIATE - Rynaghs
JUNIOR A - Killeigh
MINOR - Rynaghs

m'up owa that High School Musical!!

middleman
Junior B

Post by middleman »

whats the story with the group phase if teams are level on points. are teams decided on points difference or head to head record?

puzzled
All Star

Post by puzzled »

middleman wrote:whats the story with the group phase if teams are level on points. are teams decided on points difference or head to head record?
If two teams finish level on points the head to head between the two will decide who finishes higher in the group.
Gets complicated if three teams finish level if they all had taken points off each other the score difference would decide who would finish higher,this could well happen in either group of the junior A,the only team that hasnt lost a game so far is Killiegh!

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

my sources tell me edenderry are giving shinrone a walk over tomorrow!

puzzled
All Star

Post by puzzled »

kingscounty wrote:my sources tell me edenderry are giving shinrone a walk over tomorrow!
Strange decision by Edenderry not to travel to Shinrone,are they struggling to keep hurling going? It would be sad to see them not fielding a team in the last game against Raheen.They surely would be able to give Brosna Gaels a game if they end up in the relegation play-off!

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

puzzled wrote:
kingscounty wrote:my sources tell me edenderry are giving shinrone a walk over tomorrow!
Strange decision by Edenderry not to travel to Shinrone,are they struggling to keep hurling going? It would be sad to see them not fielding a team in the last game against Raheen.They surely would be able to give Brosna Gaels a game if they end up in the relegation play-off!
they lost a few lads early on due to emigration, 3 of the lads were injuired at start of championship and had operations.edenderry cant afford to be missing any players,no minor team is not good because its hard for them to bring on young and new talent.its a shame because for the last 10 years roughly they have been in 2 finals and nearly all the semi finals.id fear if they dont survive in junior A they will struggle to keep hurling alive in the area.

puzzled
All Star

Post by puzzled »

Last round of group games next tuesday evening all games at 6.30
Group 1
Killiegh v K/K,K/K will be gone if they lose this one,Killiegh by 5
Drumcullen v Shinrone,great result for Drumcullen the last round still going for Shinrone by 3
Edenderry v Raheen,interesting to see do Edenderry field a team,Raheen by 2
Group 2
St.Rynaghs v Ballinamere,tough one to call,Rynaghs by 1
Tullamore v Birr,after Birr getting hammered the last game hard to go for anything other than a Tullamore win by 5
Belmont v Kinnitty,another close game here Belmont by 2

clement spain
Junior C
Club: drumcullen

Post by clement spain »

name 13 top junior A,one from each club,
kk
clareen
birr
drumcullen
kinnitty
killeigh
shinrone
ballinamere
raheen
edenderry
st rynaghs
tullamore
belmont

middleman
Junior B

Post by middleman »

are the junior quarter finals going to be on this weekend seeing as the intermediate and senior ones are on? hard to know where they'll fit them in though considering theres senior on sat and sun eve and intermediate on sunday morning.

puzzled
All Star

Post by puzzled »

middleman wrote:are the junior quarter finals going to be on this weekend seeing as the intermediate and senior ones are on? hard to know where they'll fit them in though considering theres senior on sat and sun eve and intermediate on sunday morning.
The junior quarter finals arent on the fixtures for this weekend but i suppose that could change after tonights games it wouldnt be the first time clubs were given short notice before games!

puzzled
All Star

Post by puzzled »

Junior C final is down for decision this weekend.
Killiegh v Carrig/Riverstown venue Clareen Ref D Mcloughlin 2pm sat 10th
Hard to see anything other than a Killiegh win here,like their junior A team Killiegh are unbeaten so far this year.
Carrig are after making great progress this year they are also in the intermediate quarter final and its a good acheivement for their second team to get to the final.
But as i've already said for me its a Killiegh win by 5 or 6 points!

The Double K
Junior B
Club: KIlcormac/Killoughey

Post by The Double K »

KK beat Killeigh this evening by 6 pts to get a quarter final spot