Offaly Hurling Championships 2014

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2014

Post by sam88885a »

well said lone shark
hurling has moved on in offaly thank god ,that was the norm in the 60 s.
its sport these guys have to work next week .
b gavin wont allow any of that bullshite and supporters that encourage that sould stay at home in my view.

babsandbond
Senior
Club: carrig

Post by babsandbond »

Jesus lone shark you think you talk a good game but my god your full of shite...read between the lines it doesn't take a clever man to figure it out...your twisting the words what im saying also...If a banagher player happened to get under kielys skin by give him a little dig...not a big hit like you make it out to be but just a little welcome to senior hurling,kiely could will blow the fuse and do something stupid!!I hope you understand it now been a sports writer for a major paper!! :shock: :shock:
I'm sure you would understand.

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

babsanbond
there are three rynagh that go red cards so far this year then , does that mean we should expect those three lads to" blow a fuse" tomorrow . i hope no one on either team " blow a fuse" tomorrow because im going to watch the best two club in the county this year hurl .
enjoy

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

babsandbond wrote:Jesus lone shark you think you talk a good game but my god your full of shite...read between the lines it doesn't take a clever man to figure it out...your twisting the words what im saying also...If a banagher player happened to get under kielys skin by give him a little dig...not a big hit like you make it out to be but just a little welcome to senior hurling,kiely could will blow the fuse and do something stupid!!I hope you understand it now been a sports writer for a major paper!! :shock: :shock:
I'm sure you would understand.
If what you are suggesting was anything other than dirty play which deserves no respect whatsoever, I wouldn't have to "read between the lines", you'd be happy to spell it out properly instead of hiding behind euphemisms. Yes I'm all too aware that this kind of stuff goes on in the game in general, but that doesn't make it remotely excusable.

If St Rynaghs were to go down this road tomorrow, then it would be a fairly clear admission that they don't think they're good enough to win by hurling alone, much like Loughrea did when they famously sledged Portumna out of it in 2006. Some people might argue that Loughrea won the title that year and so their approach was merited, however the club's name is now synonymous with dirty play and bullying a teenager ever since. I'd be fairly confident that a club with the history and tradition of St Rynaghs won't be looking to go down that road tomorrow, thankfully.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

babsandbond
Senior
Club: carrig

Post by babsandbond »

Is a dig dirty play??yet again you make up your own understanding of what I said...might as well be talking to the wall

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

weather doesn't look good might have to get in for the junior game for a good seat in the stand.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

townman wrote:weather doesn't look good might have to get in for the junior game for a good seat in the stand.
Strange that the junior final last year was played in Killurin and under no circumstances could it played in Tullamore because they didn't want the pitch cut up even tho the weather was great , yet today it's brutal and it goes ahead before the big one , bit of fiddling done last year I suspect . Ballinamere to win the junior for me by 5-7 points today .

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

surely not sure that onlys happens in Birr they say, :lol:

biffoabroad
Junior B

Post by biffoabroad »

Smashed them. Time to actually start giving credit to this KK team.

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

Poor hurling lads. The day seemed to get to some of the rynaghs boys. Thats two very poor senior county finals in offaly this year.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

God that was poor the worse county final in a long time, the thing you would be worried about is how Rynaghs got there in the first place, their style of short passing was puke and still up till the last minute
with them 11 points behind they were still short passing it to one another you think it was a county football final they were in.

the game was as good as over when Conor Mahon kick k/k's first goal, the soft goal that Slevin let in just at half time didn't matter much, k/k were streets ahead of Rynaghs in all the skills and every poistion on the field. Dan Currams had a field day on Dolan as i said before Sean Dolan was a full forward in 2012 fullback today square pegs round hole comes to mind, Ger Rafferty how he left on was a mystery never hit the ball in the whole game. the Healions were very good along with Brian Leonard who clean up in the half back line, Currams, Mahonm O'Gorman, and late in the game Peter Gerarthy
got most the scoring with Ciaran Slevin doing well from frees and play.

not been hard on Rynaghs but there is not one who stood out or hurl well today for them at a shout maybe the two Quirkes thats it the rest were very poor and Gary Connelly had a day to forget
but i lay the blame at Francis Forde feet for this shambles thats not Rynaghs style of hurling and it was showed up big time today passing the ball from the keeper down to the forwards it was brutal to watch i go as far as to say Clareen junior team that won the first game would have gave K/K a better game.

as for Kilcormac-Killoughey well done on there 3 in - a row and could well do 4 or 5 with the talent they have and i am one who will have no problem saying the leinster or more is there for the taking this year and they left it behind them last year but don't have the problem of football this year .
great display from Dan Currams today it will take a good club fullback to hold him in leinster along with Mahon and Slevin, and the Healions Brian Leonard who i though was my MOTM .

the wexford final was a draw so k/k will get a chance to look at them the next day i think the two weeks they will get better and a few of their players who were out will also be getting back to the level they were at in 2012 it will take a good side to beat them and who does will win it out.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

timber wrote:Poor hurling lads. The day seemed to get to some of the rynaghs boys. Thats two very poor senior county finals in offaly this year.
don't think they can used that as an excuse alot of them hurl in the 2012 final along with 3 or more semil finals they were just out hurl by a far better team today.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Well done KK , 3 in a row and fully deserved . Currams and Mahon ran the show up front and Rynaghs couldn't handle them at all. The back line and midfield dominated and were never in trouble . I can see KK dominating Offaly for another 2-3 years . Clareen by far the better team in the junior and fully deserved to win and fair play to them.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I wouldn't blame Rynaghs for their approach at all. Kilcormac-Killoughey have an incredibly talented group of players, comfortably the best in the county, and there is no-one out there in the county who can afford to just stand up against them and play man on man hurling and expect to come away anything other than second best. Rynaghs tried to do something different this year and while their system just wasn't able to withstand the sort of pressure that KK put them under today, it was the same system that had them unbeaten all year up to now, the same system that saw them beat Birr, Seir Kieran and get a draw against Shinrone with thirteen men. I'll be the first to admit that I was slow to give them credit for the improvements that they had made, but I'm not going to try and pretend that I was right all along just because they struggled against a really good KK team today. They tried something, their approach helped them make real strides forward all summer and today it didn't work. God knows it's not as if they've abandoned a set of tactics that had been successful or anything.

Neither would I say it was a bad final - it was two bad semi-finals all right, but today was just a really impressive performance from Kilcormac-Killoughey and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. It wasn't competitive, but look at some of the scores they got - Gorman's touch of the sliothar into the path of Currams for their second half goal, Mahon's point on the turn in the first half, Currams' over the shoulder pass to Geraghty for a point in the second half, the sideline cut, Gorman's pass down to Currams for the last score of the game - each of them simply excellent. That performance today would have blown away all bar a handful of teams in Ireland and I was just delighted to be there to enjoy it.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

Was dissapointed with the game..........

KK way better team, Dan Currams my MOTM with Brian Leonard next in line................

Rynaghs tried hard but their first touch terrible.............. loads of poor short passes, caught in possession toooften trying to walk through and KK were just not allowing that...............

Best of luck to KK in Leinster,,, for starters..............