Offaly vs Down - Walsh Cup

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: Offaly vs Down - Walsh Cup

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Cheers for that report Offalys Future.

Offalys Future
All Star

Post by Offalys Future »

no bother.

always hard to judge in games this time of year but a win is a win and wexford game will be interesting on Sunday. How did gilmartin go in goals?
Lights good enough for hurling?
I heard that is meant to be an excellent facility louth have built, did ya get a chance to have a look around?
" In The Presence Of Confidence Doubt Cannot Exist "

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

The facilities look good.
The pitch technology looks top notch. Soft plastic grass with a soft rubbery tea leaf like filler that mimics soil.
There is good give on the pitch for turning and also no risk of the shock factor when pulling along the ground.
With the damps conditions, I don't remember seeing one player lose his footing

One point is the sliotar. I think yellow or pink coloured ones would be much easier to see at night time. Or even for televised matches to allow the viewer follow the game more easily.

I suspect there is more work to be done yet in Darfur.
There were no showers working, so the players had to pile onto the bus in their gear and head for Dundalk direction. There were a couple of portakabins there too, so I suspect the bricks and mortar part of it is still work in progress.

There are two other pitches and I'd say they are all weather too. There was another challenge match on the next pitch which could well have been Louth vs. Armagh, but we were too freezing to go and check.

It is the sort of facility that would be great to have in Offaly. Especially for hurling where wet, muddy pitches really hamper skill work for a lot of the year.

Kilmartin didn't have much to do. For the first goal he was left one on and one and although he was out fast to close down the forward, he couldn't do a thing about the shot.
The second goal was a puckout that landed past the 20 metre line that broke kindly for the Down forward who stuck it away.
He found it tough into the strong breeze with his puckouts. There'll be plenty of other matches where he'll be busy I suspect.

DD
All Star
Location: He's on the 45.. he's on the 21..he's on the 14..a shot..

Post by DD »

Bord na Mona man wrote:The pitch technology looks top notch. Soft plastic grass with a soft rubbery tea leaf like filler that mimics soil.
There is good give on the pitch for turning and also no risk of the shock factor when pulling along the ground.
With the damps conditions, I don't remember seeing one player lose his footing

I suspect there is more work to be done yet in Darfur.
A freudian slip?

What was the choice of footwear for the players - studs or blades or Astro?

Loughers
All Star

Post by Loughers »

Who is Francis Kerrigan? Ex-Dublin minors footballing and ex-Galway minors hurling. Couldn't give a f*ck if they all came from Wastemeath (well I would a little).
Esto Fidelis

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

A good workout last night and a decent job done but by god you would have to be there to believe how cold it was, jaysus it was that bitter that when Joe Brady scored his goal near the end I couldn't feel my hands when I applauded. There was a cold wind blowing down the pitch that would cut you in two. UNBELIEVABLE.