Championship Draws

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
far from croghan hill
County player

Post by far from croghan hill »

well some interestin gomments made there on the various groups, obviously some are very confident of knocking rhode from there pedestal, not sure if it can be done...here things are flying yet again in the village- how do they manage to get 45 lads up training?well i suppose thats for another day...Group 1 is straight forward altough it should provide the best entertainment of the championship. tullamore and rhode to go forward from here- edenderry and ferbane to paly for relegation. group 2 should see shamrocks and gracefield safe aswel and croghan and clara will survive the test there. wuoild agree with comment already made....clara darkhorses.worth a tenner to beat rhode on county final day.
THERE IT GOES HIGH IN THE ARMS OF WILLE BRYANS!!

far from croghan hill
County player

Post by far from croghan hill »

sorry was in a rush earlier when i posted, excuse the typo errors. meant to ask also was the team picked for castlebar on sunday?
THERE IT GOES HIGH IN THE ARMS OF WILLE BRYANS!!

naasmanxrhode
All Star

Post by naasmanxrhode »

Tough enough group for Rhode. Alot depends on the who plays who first. I'd expect Rhode to top the group with a battle royalebetween Tullamore and The Town for the runners up. Shamrocks and Clara have easy groups. It could be a repeat of last years final. 3 in a row is not easily done but Rhode have a young team and are capable of doing a Walsh Island on it.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I'd say Clara would prefer to finish second in Group 3.
The 2nd place team in Group 1 is going to be strong, so ideally you'd want to avoid them.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

If it's Tullamore, then yes. I wouldn't rate Edenderry, Ballycumber or Ferbane any better than Brigid's or Doon, given a little bit of momentum for those clubs. And that's not even allowing for Shamrocks finishing second as opposed to first.

I'd say Clara could do with going on a good run, and not worry about who they play afterwards.

Is it true they're going to have all their migrating contingent on board?

Seán Boyle Ó Rathallaigh
Senior

Post by Seán Boyle Ó Rathallaigh »

Your're rite there Shark I wouldn't rate the Reds either, I heard training isn't going well

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Seán Boyle Ó Rathallaigh wrote:Your're rite there Shark I wouldn't rate the Reds either, I heard training isn't going well
Not quite what I meant!

I've no idea how their training is going, just that unlike a few people, I would consider them a long way off the pace required to win a county title, and no matter how often they can say things like "Rhode hate playing Edenderry" they just aren't in the same league. Equally they are about five points per game out from winning this group.

Sadly neither are Ferbane, which is why I grouped them together.