Updated Fixtures and Draft Schedule of Remaining Games

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

Re: Updated Fixtures and Draft Schedule of Remaining Games

Post by GreatDayForTheParish »

Lone Shark wrote: Incidentally, if it has to be illegal for it to be extortion, what does that make NAMA? We have no choice but to pay for it despite the fact that nobody wants it but a few choice FF backers at the highest level, but yet it seems to somehow be legal.

Theoretical question for another board maybe.
Ah Shark, to quote the venerable Homer Simpson in the classic episode 'Much Apu about Nothing';
''When will people learn, democracy doesn't work!''

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Doobane,

My point certainly is not a moot point. Were both semi-finals to be played on the same bill, as a double header, then there would be an obvious saving to the patron even if there were to be a premium attached to entry fee, there being two senior semi finals.

Now I accept that the Board should be maximising its revenue to cover its increasing costs. I am just astonished that the policy of targeting regular matchgoers to achieve this end would be stated in the manner it was on a board such as this.

I’m not sure why you introduce this point. “Even GAA prices don't increase from one week's semi-final to the other.” I happen to be aware of this, as I go to the odd match myself.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Doobane,

My point certainly is not a moot point. Were both semi-finals to be played on the same bill, as a double header, then there would be an obvious saving to the patron even if there were to be a premium attached to entry fee, there being two senior semi finals.

Now I accept that the Board should be maximising its revenue to cover its increasing costs. I am just astonished that the policy of targeting regular matchgoers to achieve this end would be stated in the manner it was on a board such as this.

I’m not sure why you introduce this point. “Even GAA prices don't increase from one week's semi-final to the other.” I happen to be aware of this, as I go to the odd match myself.
I would agree with you. Its not that long ago that in hurling anyway there would always b a double header in St. Brendan's park. It is much more economical for the genuine supporter to have to fork out once for the semi's
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

corner back
All Star

Post by corner back »

Fair play doobane man. Nice to have an idea of dates further than a week ahead.
Could you tell us when the hurling quarters will take place now?