NFL playoffs

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
azoffaly
All Star

Re: NFL playoffs

Post by azoffaly »

Mighty Pair O' Hands wrote:What a game !

Was cheering on the cardinals ( as I am a Rams fan for my sins - everybody knows that's akin to a life sentence of pain and torment but Kurt Warner singlehandedly got us a superbowl so he can do no wrong for me); Fitzgerald is in a different class and Warner's ability to handle the blitz was ultimately the difference. McNabb will be disappointed though - the quality of some of his passing was poor.

You must have been a little nervous AZ when the Eagles got in front in the final quarter.....
I was nervous when the Eagles got their first TD. The Defense was on the field too long, and was tiring in front of our eyes. Jimmy Johnson was confusing the Cards Offense as well, which was not giving the D time to rest. Funnily enough, when the Eagles scored to go ahead, it was more of a sense of the pressure being off, rather than on. And Todd Haley and his offense really got to grips with the Eagles blitz packages again. The two point conversion was key, because that gave the Defense a little lattitude. The worst that could have happened was overtime, so the pressure eased a little. Also the fact that the Cardinals took 7 minutes off the clock in scoring gave them a breather, and they were able to at least get in McNabbs face a bit more on that last drive.
Shane Gavin. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Watched the Cardinals game last night and there first half display was as good as anything the NFL has seen this year.Warner was very effective and the play for Fitzgerald's second TD was right out of the top drawer.Was very impressed with Fitzgerald. 6ft 3ins and 220lbs of pace ,ball skills and power would make a potent mix along with Niall mc in Offaly's full forward line this year.

Lob it in, Lob it in
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

It's settled then. All we need to do is to get Larry to turn his back on his $10 million a year contract, come work for Bórd na Mona out in Boora and to settle into a nice house on the outskirts of Ferbane.

AZ, get on the case - it should be a easy sell .... :D
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Lone Shark wrote:a nice house on the outskirts of Ferbane.
A oxymoron if ever I saw one!
I'd expect any multi million earner, accustomed to the bright lights and glitz would want to live in Clara.

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
Lone Shark wrote:a nice house on the outskirts of Ferbane.
A oxymoron if ever I saw one!
I'd expect any multi million earner, accustomed to the bright lights and glitz would want to live in Clara.
Don't get me wrong, if this was Kobe Bryant or another media whore along those lines, they'd be all over it - but if you saw the way that Fitzgerald went up and caught his first touchdown pass against Carolina, you'd know that he was the natural successor to the Grennans in Ferbane.

Mighty Pair O' Hands
All Star

Post by Mighty Pair O' Hands »

Any thoughts on the Superbowl ?

All logic appears to be for Pittsburgh (Any team that could beat the Ravens must be favourites) but something is telling me that the Cardinals will do it.

Doon Massive
All Star

Post by Doon Massive »

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

that video is unreal
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

I love them ads. I'm still trying to decide whether they are real or doctored. I have to think some of them are fake.

Doon Massive
All Star

Post by Doon Massive »

I'd be inclined to agree, the flight of the ball doesn't look right in some of them.

TheManFromFerbane
All Star

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Ah jaysus lads of course they are! Sure you'd hardly expect a kicker to hit the bell in the EXACT spot to get the same tone out of the bell....FROM THAT DISTANCE!

It's kinda like that Ronaldinhio ad that was on a while back with him hitting the cross bar.

It's still cool though!
The night is darkest before the dawn

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

Let's put it another way - whatever about Marc Bulger for example, I can't imagine that the Redskins would have been overly happy if Chris Cooley returned to camp with a broken hand because he spent a day punching through dry wall, or equally the Patriots might have words if Laurence Maroney dislocated a shoulder jumping through a 4x4. Methinks the insurance premia would have been prohibitively high.

Not that there weren't other reasons, but they're still top class ads all the same.

Though if ye do need more convincing, have a look at the Reggie Wayne ad. Or maybe he can walk on water....

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

I'm more thinking of the Chris Chambers WR one. I can see how it could be done, and I wouldn't put it past him.

The kicker ones are obviously doctored, but I think some of those WR ones are genuine.

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

So what's the story folks - who's heading over to London this weekend?

TheManFromFerbane
All Star

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Stupid Recession :(
The night is darkest before the dawn