tullamore

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Oceans 15
County player

Re: tullamore

Post by Oceans 15 »

faithful till I die wrote:
TheManFromFerbane wrote: However this frequently resulted in the park being cut up after heavy rain. In order to address this Tullamore GAA introduced a policy of only allowing teams warm up there after a request was received from the club secretary prior to match day.
That is pure dung. Whether Ferbane looked for permission or not that wasn't going to save the pitch from cutting up.If Rhode were allowed out on it then surely it was deemed good enough for teams to warm up on.

faithful till I die
Senior

Post by faithful till I die »

Oceans 15 wrote:That is pure dung.
Its not "pure dung" as you say yourself it is simply the truth. Whats pure dung is the inference that Tullamore GAA somehow conspired against Ferbane GAA because they beat them fairly in one group stage game. Get real will you for feck sake. Whilst we are dealing in conspiracy theories would it not make more sense for Tullamore to favour Ferbane over Rhode, who are one of the favourites to win the championship. By the way if any club is dis-satisfied with the facilities offered to them it is the County Board they should be speaking with & no one else. Each club is entitled to look after their own facilities as they see fit.

No hard feelings manfromforferbane just backing up my club when I feel they are being unfairly criticised. Believe me when I say I am the first to be critical of them when its merited.
Last edited by faithful till I die on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Offaly awoke never more to sleep.

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

listen lads this has being going on far to long .ye say tullamore are sore losers but ye ferbane lads take it to a whole new level .tullamore has a policy in place and ferbane didnt follow it simple as that . as if warming up in o brien park would have made any difference to the hiding rhode gave ye is just laughable .ye are out of the championship and thats where ye belong just not good enough .
great history hoping for a better future

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Kemo Sabe has just been called into negotiate between Russia and Georgia on behalf of the UN 8) 8) :wink:
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

GOOFY
County player

Post by GOOFY »

Kemo Sabe argues that a nuclear strike by Russia would indeed be a good thing for Georgia in the long run :lol:

Seriously lads some of ye are acting like paranoid schizophrenics. - cant wait till monday 8)
First ball is when you make your mark

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

In fairness, the O'Brien Park thing is reasonable enough. No qualms there,though there have been incidents this year where the rules have been bent, and it's that inconsistency that has led to the perception that exists. However the rules are the rules, and that's all there is to it. To be honest I'd consider it eminently understandable if they just barred teams from warming up on O'Brien Park altogether.

However, as for this craic of any kind of bias against Tullamore - WHAT THE FECK???????

(Faithful till I die, I guess that's far enough off the fence for you.... :P )

It was on this site that we had posters claiming that not being scheduled in O'Connor Park was a conspiracy, that Catch Buckley was the reason for the loss, that Ferbane should have had one or two red cards and all sorts. Any "bias" is just stuff like that being called up for the muck that it is.
bula bula wrote:That is not a pop at you Lone Shark in particular but I think you might just be living off that Ferbane win for some time to come giving your obvious love of Tullamore
Ara get away oura that. I've no feelings one way t'other towards the town, but if whinging like that goes on, you're damn right I'll call it. Any breaks that we may or may not have got against Tullamore were more than balanced out by Con Costello the next day, but you can go through my articles and my posts with a fine tooth comb and you won't find one word blaming Con for the loss, any more than you'll find a single serious word against Tullamore. You put a gun to my head and I'll tell you my genuine opinion - that we weren't six points the worse team, but it doesn't matter a feck what I think - Rhode put six points more on the board and that's it.
Kemo Sabe wrote:listen lads this has being going on far to long .ye say tullamore are sore losers but ye ferbane lads take it to a whole new level .tullamore has a policy in place and ferbane didnt follow it simple as that . as if warming up in o brien park would have made any difference to the hiding rhode gave ye is just laughable .ye are out of the championship and thats where ye belong just not good enough .
You obviously weren't at the game if you call that a "hiding". You obviously don't play too much either if you think that doing a warm up on an open flat surface isn't important. I'm as shite a junior player as there is in the county and even I know that.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

GOOFY wrote:Kemo Sabe argues that a nuclear strike by Russia would indeed be a good thing for Georgia in the long run :lol:

Seriously lads some of ye are acting like paranoid schizophrenics. - cant wait till monday 8)
why goofy you must be up for the town if your looking forward to that . as for ye bringing the georgia situation into this is not a bit funny and is in very bad taste .and i can tell you one thing lone shark yes i was at the game and i would class 6 points in football a hiding . and for your information i play football to quite a high standard and i stand by what i say bout the warm up ferbane could have warmed up in croke park itself and they still would have being beat .

bula bula
All Star

Post by bula bula »

bula bula wrote:That is not a pop at you Lone Shark in particular but I think you might just be living off that Ferbane win for some time to come giving your obvious love of Tullamore
Lone Shark wrote:Ara get away oura that. I've no feelings one way t'other towards the town, but if whinging like that goes on, you're damn right I'll call it. Any breaks that we may or may not have got against Tullamore were more than balanced out by Con Costello the next day, but you can go through my articles and my posts with a fine tooth comb and you won't find one word blaming Con for the loss, any more than you'll find a single serious word against Tullamore. You put a gun to my head and I'll tell you my genuine opinion - that we weren't six points the worse team, but it doesn't matter a feck what I think - Rhode put six points more on the board and that's it.

You say Lone Shark that you have no feelings one way or another towards Tullamore but your silly little remarks would suggest otherwise. The "whinging" as you call it only started after some of your remarks. You have taken any oppotunity to have a sly little pop at Tullamore and although they were possibly tongue in cheek, it seems to be happening too often to suggest not. As for the remarks there about the Rhode /Ferbane match, I did not make any comment regarding this so reply to whoever this was meant for and not me.
Last edited by bula bula on Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ohhh mamma!"

DD
All Star
Location: He's on the 45.. he's on the 21..he's on the 14..a shot..

Post by DD »

This has descended into Hoganstand stuff now.

gutless08
County player

Post by gutless08 »

Kemo Sabe wrote:[.and i can tell you one thing lone shark yes i was at the game and i would class 6 points in football a hiding . and for your information i play football to quite a high standard and i stand by what i say bout the warm up ferbane could have warmed up in croke park itself and they still would have being beat .
[/quote]

ask kerry who were giving cork a so called six point hiding last sunday with two minutes to go why they are playing again sunday. :shock:

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

gutless08 wrote:
Kemo Sabe wrote:[.and i can tell you one thing lone shark yes i was at the game and i would class 6 points in football a hiding . and for your information i play football to quite a high standard and i stand by what i say bout the warm up ferbane could have warmed up in croke park itself and they still would have being beat .
ask kerry who were giving cork a so called six point hiding last sunday with two minutes to go why they are playing again sunday. :shock:[/quote]and how often does that happen. i was wondering when you would stick your nose in .

bula bula
All Star

Post by bula bula »

gutless08 wrote:ask kerry who were giving cork a so called six point hiding last sunday with two minutes to go why they are playing again sunday. :shock:
Six points is a fair good hiding in football but what happened last Sunday was a rarity, especially with Kerry. I think we all know that it is feck all in hurling! :)
"Ohhh mamma!"

arbarg
County player

Post by arbarg »

Come on LS,
Admit your a closet Town Fan (or admirer) just to keep this goin. :lol:

honestly though, who gives a damn whether someone has a small Gra for another club or not , were a small county and we should all look out for each other.

Allez Les Faithful

gutless08
County player

Post by gutless08 »

kemo sabe and bula bula
Six points is a fair good hiding in football but what happened last Sunday was a rarity, especially with Kerry. I think we all know that it is feck all in hurling! :)[/quote]

rarity? did cork not come from six behind in games v limerick with 2 late goals, were they not more than 6 points down at half time in the munster final to kerry also. did wexford not come back from more than 6 points v meath.
as for sticking my nose in kemo,were all entitled to our opinions on this forumn,especially when we deal with facts.
i agree bula bula your right about 6 points been nothing in hurling,but i guess its that faithful oul spirit in me no matter the code to play the final whistle, be it o brien park, o connor park ,croke park or even istanbul. :mrgreen:

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

r forgetting one important little fact lad all those teams came back in them games senn as we are dealing in facts ferbane didnd come back they lost by 6 fact .