Leinster Club

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Hyper
All Star

Leinster Club

Post by Hyper »

LS, Arles Kileen are a bit underpriced at 8/1 for the above competition!!!

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Yes and no.

The truth is that while I don't consider them any great shakes, they've been very kindly treated by the draw (I can't see any of Abbeylara/Castledaly/Tyrellspass being Leinster contenders) and I have to be very wary that the only real blue chip county as regards club teams - Dublin - may yet end up without a representative.

Yesterday's loss doesn't bode well for them form wise, but they have enough time to get over it and move on. I think anyway.

What price would you have made them?

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

Sorry there LS, I was getting ahead of myself, I didn't realise Ballyroan weren't representing Laois. How did this come about? Are they a divisional side?

Ron
All Star

Rhode?

Post by Ron »

Any prices on Rhode to lift the Leinster Crown? (The corporate firewall prevents me from checking the relevant sites!)

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

Ballyroan are an amalgamation of two intermediate teams, hence no, they're not allowed in. It only occurred to me a few mins after posting that the source of your surprise was probably that, rather than any great disagreement on the price.

Rhode are 7/2 to win Leinster with me/Ladbrokes, but a large factor in that is the Dublin situation. They'd be the club set to benefit most if Dublin don't enter a team, so i have to be wary of that. Boyles were 9/2 last week - not sure if they'll be bigger when they go back up. Powers haven't bothered with this at all yet from what I can see.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

Last year Rhode were available at 10/1 for Leinster. From what i've seen this year from the same team I cannot see how they can be only 7/2 at present. They are a team on the down, the three in a row seems to have been their aim,mission accomplished...........

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

For the record, that, also, is a ramp.

Seriously, if Dublin don't field, who do you think Rhode wouldn't beat? Palatine? The recently junior Wolfe Tones? Come off it outa that man. Even if they field a Dublin side, Rhode were a point worse than Kilmacud last year over two years. If Rhode don't at least make the Leinster final this year it'll be a failure.

arbarg
County player

Post by arbarg »

Have to agree LS.
From what i've seen an heard this year " The Village Of Blinding Lights" are well up for leinster this year. Not reaching the final would be a disaster.

Allez les Faithful!!

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

At the risk of setting up the Village for a fall, they go to Carlow next Sunday for a quarter final and it'll be a huge shock if they don't come away with a win. Palatine will no doubt give it everything in front of their home crowd, but Carlow football is at a very low ebb overall, and it's not like the 1990's when Éire Óg were dominant and O'Hanrahan's were strong, Palatine were just marginally the best of about six very even teams this year.

It'll be an interesting guide as to how they're fixed in a Leinster context though. It looks now like Dublin will field, so all of a sudden this becomes their only warm up game for a very tough game. Realistically Rhode should be winning this with six or seven to spare.