THE UNDERSHARKS ARE GO!!! SHANNONBRIDGE, SEPT 9TH, 5.30PM!!!

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
The Biff
All Star

Training

Post by The Biff »

Lone Shark wrote:No slacking in training though .....
Cue the mis-quote often attributed to Johnny Pilkington but I think was actualy just penned by the journalist concerned .....

Best of luck to all concerned. Genuinely sorry I cant be there.

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

best of luck to all involved.Put the Rossie's in their place :wink:

A broken wrist unfortunately has put any chances of an appearance by myself in the dustbin.
Last edited by True Red on Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I'll have to do some running and try kicking a ball some time before the weekend.
They say there's no use trying to fatten the pig the morning of the mart...but you can sure as hell try! :P

Bord na Mona man
All Star

What is the itinerary for the day/evening looking like?
Will there be a few pints in Killeen's or Martin's of Doon before :twisted: or after?
I must try and get my hands on some proper white togs too.

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

OK, what is the story here? It's Thursday morning...

1) How many players have we got LS? Is there a list?
2) How many have Roscommon got?
3) Are the dressing rooms/showers/nets/pitch ready and available in Shannonbridge?
4) Have we a referee?

I'm not going to be able to stay around for the evening on a Session, so I'll be driving up and down from Limerick for the game. I have no interest in doing that if theres 10 of us, 8 of them, a locked dressing room and no ref. I'd have no problem if I was going on a session afterwards mind you :).

Cheers.

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

LS, i've recruited two more fellas for saturday. That makes how many we have in total???

Bord na Mona man
All Star

Good stuff RB.
Hopefully we have a couple of decent players, who are good enough to give us the edge over the sheep...but on the other hand I wouldn't like to be completely shown up for lack of skill or fitness by them either! :lol:

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

Rynaghs Biffo wrote:LS, i've recruited two more fellas for saturday. That makes how many we have in total???
Ok, one of them has dropped out and the other one hangs in the balance!! keep ye posted.

Doon Massive
All Star

Post by Doon Massive »

and what of the clash with the playoff matches?

Won't we pull the crowds away from them?

:twisted:

ballymanabroad
All Star

Post by ballymanabroad »

Best of luck tomorrow lads. Whatever happens on the field don't let them play naked pool in Killeens.
It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe - Muhammad Ali

BUFFALO
County player

Post by BUFFALO »

Right lads, is everything confirmed?
Meself and arbarg are still lining out.
Have we still got a full 15?

arbarg
County player

Post by arbarg »

whats the story LS,

I might be a bit dodgy for tomorrow, serious dose of the flu but havin a late fitness test in the morning and there is a Novena bein said in Tullamore tonight for me so fingers crossed.
have we a full team?

Allez les Faithful!

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

Is LS still alive???? :? :? :? he hasen't posted anything in a few days!

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Sorry folks, email access somewhat sporadic for the last while - been struggling to balance everything back here.

The story is this:

(1) Pitch, showers, nets and ref should all be sorted. I've to confirm the ref this evening, but we should be fine, he was okay with it yesterday barring any late requests to cover from his own CB. Shannonbridge have been very good with regard to the pitch, it'll be ready to go, dressing rooms and showers etc.

(2) Numbers wise both sides are a little ropey with late withdrawals, but we do have enough to go ahead. However it is most likely going to be 13 a side, and possibly even eleven if we're down to the absolute bare bones. In order to avoid this, I would say to all and sundry that if you were thinking about coming, if you know anyone who would be interested in a kickabout, then please do come along. All will be welcome. Ideally we'd have a couple of subs on either side to allow lads that weren't in the best of fitness to operate a "rolling subs" system.

(3) We have a few footballs, but if you have an O'Neills or two about the house, do bring it along - the more balls the quicker we can get things moving.

(4) 5.30 throw in, and we'll probably retire to Killeen's after the match for those who are so inclined.

(5) In case you didn't know, Shannonbridge pitch is on the Offaly side of Shannonbridge towards Cloghan, on the left hand side as you approach from Cloghan about two miles short of the town. I'm sure plenty of people can add further directions if necessary!

That's it really, except to say that I'm really looking forward to it, so bring it on! :D

Kevin
All Star

Let's go Undersharks

Post by Kevin »

Best of luck gang!!!