Offaly Minor Football 2024

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Doon Exile
All Star

Re: Offaly Minor Football 2024

Post by Doon Exile »

The big hill wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:28 pm Crucial game tonight as the dubs will be hoping to put our hopes to bed
We were playing Laois but who cares.

What a performance by Offaly tonight. Thoroughly deserved win. Absolutely buzzing going home.
Doon exile....

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

We're back baby!
Any sign of Joey yet?

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Not sure how championship works but well done to lads tonight. Longford was not great but tonight was much better, albeit against a very poor enough Laois outfit who got pasted by Dublin.

Longford beat Dublin so if it is two to go through, we need to beat Dublin. If 3 go through, we are already through given we have Laois on head to head.
jimbob

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

jimbob17 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:33 pm Not sure how championship works but well done to lads tonight. Longford was not great but tonight was much better, albeit against a very poor enough Laois outfit who got pasted by Dublin.

Longford beat Dublin so if it is two to go through, we need to beat Dublin. If 3 go through, we are already through given we have Laois on head to head.
Top 2 go through to quarter finals and 3rd goes to preliminary quarter final so we’re guaranteed to be playing knockout football now.
Doon exile....

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

bracknaghboy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:41 pm We're back baby!
Any sign of Joey yet?
Yes I'm here why you asking?? You're insinuating something? Spit it out so I can respond thanks

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

Phew, that was close, we nearly had to sack the chairman and completely change our development strategy after a couple of defeats in unpredictable underage championships.. lads answered their critics in no uncertain terms this week, delighted for them. Some lads here are so quick to jump and be prophets of doom as soon as we lose game. Last week after defeats to what appear to be very strong Longford and Louth teams, there was criticism of young players and management. In fact management at minor level were accused of engaging in "local politics". Underage is unpredictable and that can be seen down the years, it looks as if we have hit a crop of good players which bodes well for our senior teams ambitions over the next few years.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Any idea if Joe Rouse is eligible or not?

Pat Mustard
Junior A

Post by Pat Mustard »

Bord na Mona man wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:51 pm Any idea if Joe Rouse is eligible or not?
I don't think so one of the players were telling me Longford handed them a letter before the game. I'd imagine he'll have to move club first

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Pat Mustard wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:19 pm
Bord na Mona man wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:51 pm Any idea if Joe Rouse is eligible or not?
I don't think so one of the players were telling me Longford handed them a letter before the game. I'd imagine he'll have to move club first
So he’s trained all year and it wasn’t checked out that he could play????
Doon exile....

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Doon Exile wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:59 pm
Pat Mustard wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:19 pm
So he’s trained all year and it wasn’t checked out that he could play????
He played for them last year as well.

The big hill
Junior B
Club: Tullamore

Post by The big hill »

Not a great showing from the lads believe there is a B and C grade competition.

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

I made my feelings known about the minor management after last years drubbing against Dublin and was berated but I’d love to see somebody try and defend them now… If that isn’t the last time this management has coached an Offaly team then there’s something seriously awry…

The big hill
Junior B
Club: Tullamore

Post by The big hill »

Am i right in assuming theres a B competition after this

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Maybe the crop of players just aren't as strong as other years ??

JiminyCricket
Junior C

Post by JiminyCricket »

Anonymous1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:13 pm I made my feelings known about the minor management after last years drubbing against Dublin and was berated but I’d love to see somebody try and defend them now… If that isn’t the last time this management has coached an Offaly team then there’s something seriously awry…
The current mgt team are doing their best the reality is they didnt want to be there this year from what I am led to believe but nobody else wanted it.