Offaly Senior A Hurling Championship 2023

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Name the 4 semi finalists

KK
25%
Rynaghs
24%
Birr
5%
Tullamore
No votes
Kinnitty
1%
Shinrone
14%
Belmont
20%
Ballinamere
9%
Coolderry
2%
Seir Kieran
No votes

Total votes: 100

frankthetank
All Star

Re: Offaly Senior A Hurling Championship 2023

Post by frankthetank »

[quote="private joker" post_id=68770 time=1696519775 user_id=9209

There was also reference to the lack of a pre match parade last year by one poster. Who is that down to? Surely its the county board that organise that?
[/quote]

That was me. Yes it was down to the CB last year and they didn’t bother their arses. Birr club have organised it this year. Thankfully.

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

frankthetank wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:56 pm
Anonymous1 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:27 pm
greenairfield wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:09 pm Private joker at least the supporters wil have a bit of atmosphere rather than playing it in a funeral home
If atmosphere is your number one concern then surely the game should be played somewhere like Lusmagh? :lol:
You do know atmosphere adds to the occasion, enjoyment and perception of a game yes?

Exhibit A: The contrast between this year’s Leinster and Munster Senior hurling finals despite the Leinster Final arguably being the better hurling game.

The dog on the street knows there’ll be a better atmosphere in SBP. It’s up to individuals to decide whether they want to enjoy that or not.
I do indeed know the atmosphere adds to the occasion, enjoyment and perception of a game which is precisely why I said if atmosphere was the only reason for selecting a venue for the County final then surely it should be somewhere like Lusmagh which would be better than SBP?

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

PJ I asked the question was it 4000 that's what I heard it was. Number of posters had the answer and it was significantly higher. Which is great.
Certainly not trying to down play finals in tullamore it's a super venue with top class facilities if anything too good for county finals ( hence the atmosphere comment)

Hopefully we get a dry day!

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

greenairfield wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:56 pm PJ I asked the question was it 4000 that's what I heard it was. Number of posters had the answer and it was significantly higher. Which is great.
Certainly not trying to down play finals in tullamore it's a super venue with top class facilities if anything too good for county finals ( hence the atmosphere comment)

Wont be too dry in Molloys, Whelahans and Nolans!

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

Is the match on Sunday being televised??

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

I presume Sky Sports have it now that it’s on in Birr!

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

frankthetank wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:14 pm I presume Sky Sports have it now that it’s on in Birr!
Maybe TG 4 on Sunday.

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

frankthetank wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:57 pm
greenairfield wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:56 pm PJ I asked the question was it 4000 that's what I heard it was. Number of posters had the answer and it was significantly higher. Which is great.

Wont be too dry in Molloys, Whelahans and Nolans!
Dont forget Tonys for a few chips.

Onionbag
All Star
Club: Durrow

Post by Onionbag »

Score prediction.

Kilcormac Killoughey 2 - 20

Shinrone 2-18

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

I see people wondering will the game be on TG4, we got the football final on Tg4, I dont think we will be fortunate to get the hurling as well. Regarding the game itself, great to see a final back in Birr, it will be interesting to see (as which will happen)the atmosphere it will bring around the town Sunday evening, especially with 2 teams from the near enough area playing in the final in Birr. I see many plugging for KK and that cant be ignored, they worked through their games all season and playing good or bad they won. Thats the sign of a good team. I predicted they would beat Rynaghs, they would get the scores that bit easier. Shinrone will be a tough and a different task again, not as traditional as Rynaghs but are champions and seem to have found their form in recent games since losing the Ballinamere game. They know winning is not guaranteed every year, a good chance here to stick two titles back to back and even if they dont win next year or again soon, that will go down as a very good team in history, which they are. I think now they are back in the final, they might just find the push to get over a stubborn KK team which should transition into a team in the next few years which will probably dominate themselves. They are not that finished article just yet with a lot of young players, not all will make it either. Shinrone just to me have the level correct right now, if its a battle they will be able for it and know how to weatther it, KK will be out for revenge for last years collapse towards end of second half...I just think they are that little bit off being the completed article just yet, they had enough fire power to get over Rynaghs, I dont think they will here. Ime going Shinrone 1-20 Kilcormac Killoughey 2-15..it could be more or less or a draw even.

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

cannot wait for Sunday.
Here is hoping for a big crowd.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

John Leahy interview with Birr GAA chairman Willie Rigney
https://twitter.com/offaly_gaa/status/1 ... 84607?s=46