Offaly Senior A Hurling Championship 2023

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Name the 4 semi finalists

KK
25%
Rynaghs
24%
Birr
5%
Tullamore
No votes
Kinnitty
1%
Shinrone
14%
Belmont
20%
Ballinamere
9%
Coolderry
2%
Seir Kieran
No votes

Total votes: 100

frankthetank
All Star

Re: Offaly Senior A Hurling Championship 2023

Post by frankthetank »

private joker wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:51 am Trying to downplay the numbers for tullamore to try and get some justification to playing it in Birr. Hope the weather stays good.........
Nonsense.

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

Last years final was a double header with the Junior B final. Fair enough there probably wasn’t huge numbers in early to watch the junior game but still a decent crowd at it all the same.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

I see Kilcormac were 3/10 with one large bookmaking firm this morning.

So that's it, then. Effectively a done deal. Wouldn't be worth Shinrone's time travelling to Tullamore for the Kilcormac coronation. At least it's in Birr this year, and Shinrone will be back home again in time for their tea!
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Private joker at least the supporters wil have a bit of atmosphere rather than playing it in a funeral home

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Give it a rest Greenairfield, don't think anyone here is complaining about it being in Birr?
Should be a great occasion, go or as most people decide, don't go to the match.

Birr deserve an opportunity, and seem to be making a good effort for the game.

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

if it is a wet day forecast the crowd will be cut, no slight on Birr, just the fickle nature of the snowflake brigade plus the liklihood of an impeded view with the proliferation of umbrellas.

Not Birrs fault...weather

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Read private jokers statement you jackass.

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Won't match the 45 pints, maybe more like 4 to 5 !

Onionbag
All Star
Club: Durrow

Post by Onionbag »

Plain of the Herbs wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:24 pm I see Kilcormac were 3/10 with one large bookmaking firm this morning.

So that's it, then. Effectively a done deal. Wouldn't be worth Shinrone's time travelling to Tullamore for the Kilcormac coronation. At least it's in Birr this year, and Shinrone will be back home again in time for their tea!
Very short odds... Shinrone in my opinion are even better than last year. Will be a great occasion. Whoever wins will be delighted it's in Birr. The losers not so much. Personally speaking I think it will be a great occasion.

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

greenairfield wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:09 pm Private joker at least the supporters wil have a bit of atmosphere rather than playing it in a funeral home
If atmosphere is your number one concern then surely the game should be played somewhere like Lusmagh? :lol:

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Couldn't care less where the game is played, I'll go regardless. You were the one saying about funeral atmosphere in Tullamore and you posted saying about 4000 being at the last county final when it was closer to 6000. I was at the ballinamere vs shinrone game where the weather was terrible and made for a difficult game. That's why i hope the weather is good I don't think people who go to county finals, care where the venue is, they just go.

There was also reference to the lack of a pre match parade last year by one poster. Who is that down to? Surely its the county board that organise that?

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

ah lethimoutwithit wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:06 pm if it is a wet day forecast the crowd will be cut, no slight on Birr, just the fickle nature of the snowflake brigade plus the liklihood of an impeded view with the proliferation of umbrellas.

Not Birrs fault...weather
If you’re worried about an impeded view due to the proliferation of umbrellas then might I suggest getting in early and taking a seat in the stand?

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

private joker wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:29 pm Couldn't care less where the game is played, I'll go regardless. You were the one saying about funeral atmosphere in Tullamore and you posted saying about 4000 being at the last county final when it was closer to 6000. I was at the ballinamere vs shinrone game where the weather was terrible and made for a difficult game. That's why i hope the weather is good I don't think people who go to county finals, care where the venue is, they just go.

There was also reference to the lack of a pre match parade last year by one poster. Who is that down to? Surely its the county board that organise that?
There was no pre match parade at the football final two weeks ago despite it stating there would be one in the program, very strange.

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

Plain of the Herbs wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:24 pm I see Kilcormac were 3/10 with one large bookmaking firm this morning.

Noticed this too, Shinrone look excellent value at 9/4 particularly this far out when nobody can confidently predict the weather.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Anonymous1 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:27 pm
greenairfield wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:09 pm Private joker at least the supporters wil have a bit of atmosphere rather than playing it in a funeral home
If atmosphere is your number one concern then surely the game should be played somewhere like Lusmagh? :lol:
You do know atmosphere adds to the occasion, enjoyment and perception of a game yes?

Exhibit A: The contrast between this year’s Leinster and Munster Senior hurling finals despite the Leinster Final arguably being the better hurling game.

The dog on the street knows there’ll be a better atmosphere in SBP. It’s up to individuals to decide whether they want to enjoy that or not.