Offaly Senior A Hurling Championship 2023

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Name the 4 semi finalists

KK
25%
Rynaghs
24%
Birr
5%
Tullamore
No votes
Kinnitty
1%
Shinrone
14%
Belmont
20%
Ballinamere
9%
Coolderry
2%
Seir Kieran
No votes

Total votes: 100

faithfulfanatic
All Star
Club: Coolderry

Re: Offaly Senior A Hurling Championship 2023

Post by faithfulfanatic »

Superhans75 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:20 pm So the county board are concerned about the small
Crowds at games 👀
I wonder why .
We should had the senior championship over by the first week of September
Let U20s and the rest have September to get games done with etc .
common sense !!!
SuperHans what are you on about (again)? Run our senior championships off as fast as possible and give September to u20? 😂
What are the rest of championships you talk about?

Absolute drivel from you as usual.

Superhans75
All Star
Club: Birr

Post by Superhans75 »

That's your opinion but you can't hide the facts things have to change .
Circumstances will force it to happen.
Enjoy the sun 🌞

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

bracknaghboy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:16 pm Any word how long Emmet Nolan will be around for?
He'd be hell of an addition to Johnny Kellys squad for next year.....or is that just wishful thinking?
Heading back to China shortly as far as I hear.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

greenairfield wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:48 am Ballinamere lose their semi final all day. For me they are below ordinary.
Absolute nonsense statement. I’ve been to a shedload of group games this year and they have been quite impressIve (in the context of the Offaly SHC). In fact they’ve been the most imoressive team to date and only K/K’s undoubted potential in their team keeps them off the #1 team in the county. (Again based on Championship 2023). You obviously don’t go to too many games with a statement like that.

I’m as South Offaly as the next man but your bias gets the better of you here. Yes, they might lose their semi but it wont be because they are “below ordinary”. Performances to date have been quite the opposite.

faithfulfanatic
All Star
Club: Coolderry

Post by faithfulfanatic »

Superhans75 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:51 pm That's your opinion but you can't hide the facts things have to change .
Circumstances will force it to happen.
Enjoy the sun 🌞
What facts and what circumstances?
How does finishing the championship by September increase crowds in your big grand plan?
Would I not be right in saying that every game so far has been in/before September? 😂

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Wait now the Belmont game they scraped over. A team minus their best two hurlers.
Look what Coolderry done to Belmont.

Who else have they beaten?

Other than the last 15 against Shinrone I think they have been average at best. If they play any of KK Banagher or Birr they will lose.

TownieInOz
Junior A
Club: Tullamore

Post by TownieInOz »

greenairfield wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:54 am Super win for Ballinamere fancy them to go a long way
Greenairfield you said this after the Belmont game so what are you even talking about.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Was unaware how bad they were that day and that Belmont were missing two big players

TerraceTalk
Intermediate

Post by TerraceTalk »

To play devils advocate here, as far as I know Ballinamere were missing 3 starting players that day, all of whom have been in and around county panels at various stages so I’m told. One being John Murphy who is currently on the Offaly panel and another is the brother of Aaron Maher (apologies to him but the name escapes me). Another player was suspended as far as I’m aware. Add to that the absence of Paddy Murphy this year, a fantastic hurler in his own right. Unsure of the circumstances there but clearly a huge loss to the club. So I’d suggest the loss of those 4 wouldn’t be far off the equivalent of missing Oisin Kelly and David Nally.

Don’t think it’s fair to criticize Ballinamere based on who might or might not be on the field for the other team. It’s very rare any club fields their absolute best 15 on any given day.
They’ve gone about their business quite well so far this year and impressed me the day I saw them. Having a cut at them for where they are based on the map is childish and does little to add to a general debate on Offaly hurling.

They may well be beaten when the pressure really comes on the next day, but real progress appears to be there this year which is a good sign for a championship that is crying out for an increase in quality.

TownieInOz
Junior A

Post by TownieInOz »

Have to agree with Terrace talk on this.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

I certainly didn't have a cut at them for where they are based I admire how far they have come just giving you my feeling on what I seen against shinrone for most of the game.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

And I thought your account was hacked!
greenairfield wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:14 pm Was unaware how bad they were that day and that Belmont were missing two big players
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

greenairfield wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:14 pm Was unaware how bad they were that day and that Belmont were missing two big players
Literally proving my point. You weren’t even at the game and you’re coming on here knocking Ballianamere’s chances because of their performance. Of a game you weren’t even at.

High stool merchant if there ever was one.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Ballinamere will lose the semi final.

TownieInOz
Junior A

Post by TownieInOz »

Hard to take your opinion serious when you’re watching from the armchair.