Election 2020 laois offaly

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Hasselhoff
All Star

Re: Election 2020 laois offaly

Post by Hasselhoff »

offaly needed a good independent rural td.
The green party have decimated the midlands.
someone like Micheal Fitz maurice or the healy rays
Id love to see leahy going for it.

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

Lone Shark wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:29 am
Dodge83 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:16 am Away somewhere else ta fuk with this election shite 🙄😂
Out of curiosity, what did you think you were going to find when you clicked onto a thread with the title "Election 2020 Laois Offaly"? :D
Didn’t expect to see anything about an election on a Gaa forum in fairness

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

Hasselhoff wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:43 pm offaly needed a good independent rural td.
Leahy has run in the 2011, 16 and 20 General Elections and failed to be elected on all three occasions, no reason to think this time would be any different especially given the fact he's been keeping a much lower profile of late and had announced he was going to step down as a councillor in 2020 when in person council meetings resumed but never followed through.

Superhans75
All Star
Club: Birr

Post by Superhans75 »

Home rule for Offaly.
Marx said religion is the opiate of the masses
Today the masses are full of opiates 👀🤗.
I remember talking to spike Milligan in 1996 about
Irish politics he said we are the only country were you can finish 5 th and still win .🙄🙄🙄
Probably should use the tailteann cup system

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Hasselhoff wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:43 pm offaly needed a good independent rural td.
Carol Nolan is a sitting Independent TD.

Geansai Gorm
Senior
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Geansai Gorm »

SearingDrive wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:18 pm Carol Nolan is a sitting Independent TD.
But we only hear about her when election comes around. I had forgotten about her as I have never seen any refrence to her doing anything. Maybe she has, but very low profile. She would probably split a vote with any potentian SF candidate as that was her main gene-pool of support.
FF assured of one seat, FG prob won't get enough. Pippa back in the field. Interesting times ahead.

biffinbanner
All Star
Club: ferbane

Post by biffinbanner »

pippa wont get 1000 votes.

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Best sense you spoke in longtime Hans

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

Geansai Gorm wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:09 pm
SearingDrive wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:18 pm Carol Nolan is a sitting Independent TD.
But we only hear about her when election comes around. I had forgotten about her as I have never seen any refrence to her doing anything. Maybe she has, but very low profile. She would probably split a vote with any potentian SF candidate as that was her main gene-pool of support.
FF assured of one seat, FG prob won't get enough. Pippa back in the field. Interesting times ahead.
Nolan’s voters would be largely older, more conservative and pro-life whereas Sinn Féin’s current surge in support is coming from those who are younger, more liberal and pro-choice voters so despite Nolan previously being elected as a Sinn Féin TD, I don’t see much overlap between their core voters. How she ever ended up in Sinn Féin is a mystery although Sinn Féin used to be a lot more conservative on social issues in the past before purging their pro-life TD’s after the referendum in 2018 in search of the liberal vote. Ironically they’re now moving back towards the centre but that’s an argument for another day.

Whatever chance Pippa had in a 5 seater with the Green wave gone out, she has zero chance in a 3 seater.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Pippa has some gig. Not even a TD and she’s claiming a Junior Minister’s wage. I find this abhorrent to be honest.

Not a chance she gets in. The Greens are going to get wiped out and her days on the national political gravy train are over.

I saw lately her husband Mark really trying to deal with the pressing issues of the day. He was attempting to get a pride rainbow pedestrian crossing in Edenderry. Never mind the rampant anti-social behaviour, daylight drug dealing and immigrant ghettos in the town, but make sure to pander to the woke left.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Anonymous1 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:00 pm
Geansai Gorm wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:09 pm
Nolan’s voters would be largely older, more conservative and pro-life whereas Sinn Féin’s current surge in support is coming from those who are younger, more liberal and pro-choice voters so despite Nolan previously being elected as a Sinn Féin TD, I don’t see much overlap between their core voters. How she ever ended up in Sinn Féin is a mystery although Sinn Féin used to be a lot more conservative on social issues in the past before purging their pro-life TD’s after the referendum in 2018 in search of the liberal vote. Ironically they’re now moving back towards the centre but that’s an argument for another day.

Whatever chance Pippa had in a 5 seater with the Green wave gone out, she has zero chance in a 3 seater.
Pippa was not elected in a 5 seater, she has absolutely no chance of being elected in a 3 seater. I don’t think she has much support in her own area. The Greens are set for wipeout, after their policies have turned the country against them. Carol Nolan’s vote does come from the more conservative voters, who feel the other parties don’t represent their views.
Barry Cowan should be elected, there is a seat for FG with the right candidate. Neil Feighery would be a good choice, but the party may opt for another candidate, possibly in the Birr area.
One FF, one FG, and one other, possibly Carol Nolan or another candidate.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

frankthetank wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:19 pm Pippa has some gig. Not even a TD and she’s claiming a Junior Minister’s wage. I find this abhorrent to be honest.

Not a chance she gets in. The Greens are going to get wiped out and her days on the national political gravy train are over.

I saw lately her husband Mark really trying to deal with the pressing issues of the day. He was attempting to get a pride rainbow pedestrian crossing in Edenderry. Never mind the rampant anti-social behaviour, daylight drug dealing and immigrant ghettos in the town, but make sure to pander to the woke left.
Dead right Frank, there are more urgent issues than a pride pedestrian crossing at present. Mark Hackett will exit at the next local election.