Offaly Senior Hurlers 2023

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Re: Offaly Senior Hurlers 2023

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

timber wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:59 pm

Now the big thing, please, please, please none of this booing crap when the opposition are taking frees. It was embarrassing last weekend. Yes i get it, Carlow supporters did start it and there was jeering at alot of Offaly wides. That probably caused the backlash but lets not get involved in that going forward. Keep our own standards high. We dont want to be associated in same way as the Dubs who I have always had utter disgust for the way they carry themselves at games with their booing and jeering. Shout on our teams with positivity.
Here Here

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

Any word on the panel in terms of injuries, players leaving etc.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Winners play Galway. I reckon Tipp will want to go into the Galway game on the back of a big win, rather than just doing enough to beat Offaly.

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Bord na Mona man wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:03 pm Winners play Galway. I reckon Tipp will want to go into the Galway game on the back of a big win, rather than just doing enough to beat Offaly.
Any idea of throw in time for Saturday?
Doon exile....

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

It says 4pm on gaa.ie.

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Bord na Mona man wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:25 pm It says 4pm on gaa.ie.
Thanks
Doon exile....

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

€25 for a ticket to a preliminary QF on a Saturday at 4pm, are they deliberately trying to depress the attendance for this game or what?

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Terrible pricing,

G91
County player
Club: Ferbane

Post by G91 »

The writing may be on the wall but you'd never know what can happen

Dara's red and the games that followed have really put the gaa and referee's in the spotlight, it's seems they'd rather back the referee than admit that it was the incorrect decision and put a cloud over carlows win
It may be to late but I hope they decided to appeal it again

The same with the under 20 rte refusing to say it as it is a red card elbow to the head because nobody's allowed say anything bad about the mighty Munster teams

Again like the Carlow game it's a chance to analysis the work what needs to be done for div1 next year

I always backed johny Kelly before the Carlow game in carlow thinking the same it was a perfect opportunity to see carlows strongest ability but in fact nothing was achieved

It was evident to all in carlow that day they were a massive threat under a long ball/high ball

All year the passing has been majority giving the ball in front of the forwards or in the corner where the pace of Charlie or the cleverness of eoin would win the ball

Everything went totally opposite in the final and you'd have to ask what was leanered and talked about while preparing for the final did johny Kelly slightly take carlow for granted even if he says he didn't

There is always a slim chance and we have put it up to the bigger teams before in these games not amny times but non the less I think they are capable if the plan is right

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Everything went totally opposite in the final and you'd have to ask what was leanered and talked about while preparing for the final did johny Kelly slightly take carlow for granted even if he says he didn't

Can’t imagine we underestimated Carlow. We’d have no right to under any circumstances.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Anonymous1 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:30 pm €25 for a ticket to a preliminary QF on a Saturday at 4pm, are they deliberately trying to depress the attendance for this game or what?
For the love of....!!

i'd normally defend ticket prices as I an eejit and think it's generally decent value and I don't get out much, but this is a joke.

trying to make a killing from the Scallion eaters in carlow on the back of the Joe Mc success.

No, I can't justify 25e. Robbin Hoors in this instance :cry:

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Enjoy the thundery downpours! 8)

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

I see a lot of comments on other sites questioning why Offaly are still in the championship when Carlow have beaten us twice, strange as the format has been the same for how many years now.
Hopefully we can get stuck into Tipp and give them a right rattle, the result might be inevitable but these are the teams we want to be playing, nothing ventured nothing gained.

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

Dont want to over egg the pudding but that withstanding, very important game for us this weekend. I don’t subscribe to the theory its a free hit at all. This is the level we will need to get to fast if we aren’t to suffer an immediate relegation next year from the league. We’re not likely to bridge a huge gap in the months between now and the start of the league. Ideally you’d like to see offaly stay competitive for as long as possible before tipp inevitably pull away. There’s not likely to be a huge influx of underage talent next year but the return of Kelly ravenhill and cantwell should bolster some confidence. Faithful abu.

G91
County player
Club: Ferbane

Post by G91 »

Somebody said this already but if can hold out in div1 and get back into lienster proper it would be great

Let the under 20 management work on getting the lads who are stepping up S&C and hopefully they can continue the success

But work has to continue across the board not leave all our eggs on one basket the under 20s are unbelievable of course but this is one age group this happened before we had a great team that eventually followed up to seniors amd were a success but the development of underage was non existence

Any lads who are supposed to be stepping up next year should be involved on Saturday