U20 hurlers 23

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Anonymous1
All Star

Re: U20 hurlers 23

Post by Anonymous1 »

JimBwobb wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:08 pm How do people think we will line out tomorrow ?

Ben Miller, full back ruled out with injury. If expect James Mahon to move to full back with Brecon Kavanagh or Ter Guinan going to corner back and the other to wing back.

Shane Rigney looks like he'll miss out too with Injury. Screeney the obvious choice to come in here.

Where does Dan Ravenhill come in ? Too good to leave on the bench.

Thankfully we have a strong bench so have players to come in.
I’d go with a front six of Bourke, Egan, Doyle, Screeney, Ravenhill, Mitchell.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Keep an eye online tomorrow WB. Keep refreshing 'Offaly' on Twitter. Someone will have tickets and won't be able to travel because something came up.
Anonymous1 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:17 pm
Wing Back wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:35 pm Flying home to Ireland especially for this tonight and will travel down tomorrow. Managed to get the all clear from the boss. How does one get tickets for this? I see some post they are sold out. Where were they on sale to start with? Any chance of picking one up at the gate?

Seems a little odd to go to an 11k capacity ground judging by the following of Offaly underage last few years. Wexford will travel in numbers I would have thought also sensing a good opportunity. Kk or portlaoise would have been better surely. There prob are good reasons and I know Carlow is pretty much half way......but facilitating as much support as possible might have been better I think myself.
They’re sold out, been on sale online since last Thursday. You could chance your arm by showing up and trying to get in but I doubt there’ll be any touts at an u20 game
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Ravenhill will be needed to win ball in the half forward line wouldn't be surprised if they leave out Egan he may offer more from the bench than Hoctor.

Obvious pick now at full back is Mahon my concern would be the big 14 for wexford if he plays at edge of square.
The only weakness I have seen of Mahon he's not great in the air.

So would Sam Bourke drop back full and Kavanagh go centre back big ask and big decisions to be made.

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Great that we have options to come in. Hard luck on Miller who has been solid all year.

just counting up there ....been to 21 matches this year league and championship (hurling and football)!
tonight Sat eve and next Wed minor football....tough going ...house is in rag order!

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Mahon has to start full back. He’s all in it and will put himself about. I’d leave him on Twanley and only switch Sam Bourke if we really had to. Bourke motm from centre back the last day so would be reluctant to move him.
Doon exile....

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

ah lethimoutwithit wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:22 am Great that we have options to come in. Hard luck on Miller who has been solid all year.

just counting up there ....been to 21 matches this year league and championship (hurling and football)!
tonight Sat eve and next Wed minor football....tough going ...house is in rag order!
Never mind the house - how’s the missus keeping through all this 😜😜
Doon exile....

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

Anonymous1 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:20 pm
JimBwobb wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:08 pm How do people think we will line out tomorrow ?

Ben Miller, full back ruled out with injury. If expect James Mahon to move to full back with Brecon Kavanagh or Ter Guinan going to corner back and the other to wing back.

Shane Rigney looks like he'll miss out too with Injury. Screeney the obvious choice to come in here.

Where does Dan Ravenhill come in ? Too good to leave on the bench.

Thankfully we have a strong bench so have players to come in.
I’d go with a front six of Bourke, Egan, Doyle, Screeney, Ravenhill, Mitchell.
Team lines out as we expected. Mahon at 3, Kavanagh at 4, Guinan at 7, Ravenhill at 13 and Screeney at 15

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

Hasselhoff wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:31 pm Any advice on carparking or how to travel to it
Car parking advice here. https://twitter.com/offaly_gaa/status/1 ... zQtGpqU5LA

Wing Back
County player
Club: Coolderry

Post by Wing Back »

Sorted on the ticket front.............Thanks to all who messaged me also.

Major thanks to the Kinnitty man who offered an olive branch to a Coolderry man and is going pick me up and sort me out with a lift on top of a ticket to the game. And that bates Banagher!!!!
'Babs keating 'resigned' as coach because of illness and fatigue. The players were sick and tired of him'

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Wing Back wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:54 pm Sorted on the ticket front.............Thanks to all who messaged me also.

Major thanks to the Kinnitty man who offered an olive branch to a Coolderry man and is going pick me up and sort me out with a lift on top of a ticket to the game. And that bates Banagher!!!!
We’re all the one this evening albeit hope ye don’t fall out on the way home….😂😂
Doon exile....

uibhfhaili72
Junior A
Club: St.Rynaghs

Post by uibhfhaili72 »

Thoughts on Joe Hoctor being dropped obviously a forward line stacked with talent but I have been very impressed with him throughout . Personally I think he adds more than Egan and Egans pace to follow off the bench. I can imagine mgt. having headaches which is great for Offaly hurling in general and shows the talent available. Hopefully we cross the line tonight and have Rigney back up for selection to add to the strength and depth . Safe Travels to all heading down tonight . Hon Offaly

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

uibhfhaili72 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:19 pm Thoughts on Joe Hoctor being dropped obviously a forward line stacked with talent but I have been very impressed with him throughout . Personally I think he adds more than Egan and Egans pace to follow off the bench. I can imagine mgt. having headaches which is great for Offaly hurling in general and shows the talent available. Hopefully we cross the line tonight and have Rigney back up for selection to add to the strength and depth . Safe Travels to all heading down tonight . Hon Offaly
He may start yet in fairness.

Prefer Egan off the bench when players are tiring and he can use his burst of speed to influence the game more.

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Egan might well start and use him on the centre back who is physically strong, dog him out of it and stop him dominating. Hard on Hoctor but men off the bench will be critical in this game!

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Doon Exile wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:09 pm
ah lethimoutwithit wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:22 am Great that we have options to come in. Hard luck on Miller who has been solid all year.

Never mind the house - how’s the missus keeping through all this 😜😜
Strangely enough :shock: !

wonka
Junior C

Post by wonka »

Crazy stuff by Charlie Mitchell
2 swipes, 2 yellow cards..can have no complaints there