U20 hurlers 23

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
SearingDrive
All Star

Re: U20 hurlers 23

Post by SearingDrive »

G91 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:28 pm After sussing out parking today , it is going to be a disaster there's nearly more parking in the health center in tullamore than the gaa out here beside Cullen Park
There is a car park beside Dr. Cullen Park, at Carlow Hurling Club grounds. You need to be there early on Wednesday.

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

Really really looking forward to this Wednesday evening.

Without adding any pressure to these young lads, isn't a joy to have such a special group of players progressing nicely, all contesting Leinster finals, school finals and all ireland finals.

Last year their was in excess of 15k in portlaoise for minor final, I fully expect a sell out Wednesday. This group of players have captured the publics eye which is great.

Come on Offaly!!!!!

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

The beet factory is not up to much these days, surely a few spaces there?

Seriously though, is there any advice up anywhere in relation to traffic advice and suggested parking.
Be handier to drive to kildare and get a train, get a lift home of someone heading to Offaly!

G91
County player
Club: Ferbane

Post by G91 »

Places to park is going to be limted there is a gaa ground adjacent to Dr.cullen but it won't hold that many , there's something like a small business park on the way in aswell after that I haven't a notion

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

Cork beat Clare tonight in a great Munster U20 final by 2 points, Clare were the better team for majority of second half after trailing at ht by 1-11 to 0-11..Clare too control in 2nd half and pulled 4 clear at one stage, Cork made alot of changes and pulled themselves back I to it as Clares trojan effort seemed to tire them.. Corks Ben Cunningham got MOTM, but Clare no. 12 or no. 4 was more worthy I thought..Cork will be hard beat now, they did well to beat an excellent Clare team tonight after beating Tipp last week.. Offaly/Wexford will have to rely up the ante who ever wins Wednesday night..

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

Fairplayalways wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:13 pm Cork beat Clare tonight in a great Munster U20 final by 2 points, Clare were the better team for majority of second half after trailing at ht by 1-11 to 0-11..Clare then took total control in 2nd half, and Cork looked a beaten docket as Clare pulled 4 clear at one stage, Cork made alot of changes and uncharistic of Clare on the night the hit a wide or two when well ahead, and somehow Cork pulled themselves back int it as Clares trojan effort seemed to tire them.. Corks Ben Cunningham got MOTM, but Clare no. 12 or no. 4 was more worthy I thought..Cork will be hard beat now, they did well to beat an excellent Clare team tonight after Clare beating a good Tipp team last week.. Offaly/Wexford will have to rely up the ante who ever wins Wednesday night...of course they can but tonights Munster U20 final was a great game of hurling, either team could have won it in the end..

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

Dublin vs Roscommon fixed for Sunday at 4pm so leaves the Saturday free.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

Maybe our friend from Carlow might post up some tips for parking
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

Up on Wexford site that match is now sold out.

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

Buttons wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:32 pm Up on Wexford site that match is now sold out.
11k is it ?

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

JimBwobb wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:40 pm
Buttons wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:32 pm Up on Wexford site that match is now sold out.
11k is it ?
11k according to Offaly GAA, surprised it wasn’t sold out even earlier.

Wing Back
County player
Club: Coolderry

Post by Wing Back »

Flying home to Ireland especially for this tonight and will travel down tomorrow. Managed to get the all clear from the boss. How does one get tickets for this? I see some post they are sold out. Where were they on sale to start with? Any chance of picking one up at the gate?

Seems a little odd to go to an 11k capacity ground judging by the following of Offaly underage last few years. Wexford will travel in numbers I would have thought also sensing a good opportunity. Kk or portlaoise would have been better surely. There prob are good reasons and I know Carlow is pretty much half way......but facilitating as much support as possible might have been better I think myself.
'Babs keating 'resigned' as coach because of illness and fatigue. The players were sick and tired of him'

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

How do people think we will line out tomorrow ?

Ben Miller, full back ruled out with injury. If expect James Mahon to move to full back with Brecon Kavanagh or Ter Guinan going to corner back and the other to wing back.

Shane Rigney looks like he'll miss out too with Injury. Screeney the obvious choice to come in here.

Where does Dan Ravenhill come in ? Too good to leave on the bench.

Thankfully we have a strong bench so have players to come in.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Parking is advertised by both O'Hanrahans and Carlow Town clubs, both of which are adjacent to Dr Cullen Park.

The former is more accessible coming from the M9 and Wexford side. The latter is down a lane to the left just before Dr Cullen Park. In the manner of car parks, both will probably be brutal to get out of with nobody to direct traffic.
G91 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:57 pm Places to park is going to be limted there is a gaa ground adjacent to Dr.cullen but it won't hold that many , there's something like a small business park on the way in aswell after that I haven't a notion
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

Wing Back wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:35 pm Flying home to Ireland especially for this tonight and will travel down tomorrow. Managed to get the all clear from the boss. How does one get tickets for this? I see some post they are sold out. Where were they on sale to start with? Any chance of picking one up at the gate?

Seems a little odd to go to an 11k capacity ground judging by the following of Offaly underage last few years. Wexford will travel in numbers I would have thought also sensing a good opportunity. Kk or portlaoise would have been better surely. There prob are good reasons and I know Carlow is pretty much half way......but facilitating as much support as possible might have been better I think myself.
They’re sold out, been on sale online since last Thursday. You could chance your arm by showing up and trying to get in but I doubt there’ll be any touts at an u20 game