Offaly Senior Hurlers 2023

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Hasselhoff
All Star

Re: Offaly Senior Hurlers 2023

Post by Hasselhoff »

I'd say it will be in Carlow.

If they can't get a suitable alternative venue, the game should be played in tullamore or birr .

End of.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Given that Kildare hurling is largely centred in the north of the county, relatively close to the M4 (Naas excepted of course), you'd wonder if Mullingar would be a consideration? Offaly minors playing there earlier in the day would make it much better from an Offaly point of view too.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Four days out from a championship hurling match and no one knows where it’s on. Absolutely shambolic.

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

It's in hawk field.

Seen it on social media.
Limited tickets.

Is there even a stand there?

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

In 2005 when O'Connor Park was being re-developed, Offaly had to play home group games in Portleix and Carlow. Birr wasn't considered because of capacity constraints. The "Hawkfield or nowhere" county are getting away with it here.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

that was a good result on Saturday, I was travelling so could only listen in on MR3, a few changes from the Kildare league final which seemed to work well from the Kildare game league final, first half was a tad worrying, yes we scored 2 goals but only got 0-05 in points, Laois looked very sharp with their 0-14..overall C Kiely back in MF appears to have been a good move, he was involved in loads and scrored a few as well. Cahill was excellent Saturday, alot of getting stuck in himself which was good to see and he had a great game. Goals win matches, I see on Laois forum elsewhere they are bemoaning their performance, and possibly yes in 2nd half but they were very good in first half, their tally of 1-22 would have beaten Offaly who were goal shy up to Saturday, 1-22 would have been enough in alot of games to beat Offaly this year so far, but 3 on Saturday and going for goals was good to see. Laois are by no means finished, they were not too far off on Saturday. Saturdays was a key win...alot of games in alot of weeks, I dont know, maybe we need them if we can avoid injuries..we looked fairly confident and composed once we got going on Saturday particulary near the end..

Superhans75
All Star
Club: Birr

Post by Superhans75 »

Not a great ground hawkfield there is half sort of stand
But it's a kip to be honest.
Especially with this weather .
It should hold 2k but parking is awful .
You could park by the greyhound stadium and walk to the ground but. It's not for the faint hearted
Mad traffic

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I hear Hawkfield is in doubt for Sunday.
The Sarsfields mixed rounders team have Pitch 4 block booked every Sunday at 2pm and aren't willing to switch.
The match might be taking place on Newbridge greyhound track instead.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

72 hours before throw in and no one even knows when and where tickets are going on sale. This is absolutely ridiculous stuff. Makes one long for a return to the Leinster Championship.

Claffey
Junior A

Post by Claffey »

Superhans75
All Star
Club: Birr

Post by Superhans75 »

Got mine not many available it's shambolic

Claffey
Junior A

Post by Claffey »

Got my tickets as well - they are on general sale on Ticketmaster. I see Offaly GAA have since sent a tweet stating tickets are limited but a few would be available in the morning and they gave a link to use. Kildare GAA tweeted the same link to buy tickets but didn't ask their supporters to wait until the morning or mention anything about limited tickets :?:

old yellar
All Star

Post by old yellar »

Hi lads, I tested the link myself (Carlow man) and managed to buy 4 adult tickets about 20 minutes ago. I thought I d be denied but they went through! So if anyone wants 4 at face value, let me know. Hope this okay to post. I ll update if I get any other email re them.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

The standing in which the GAA hold the Joe McDonagh cup has been laid bare this week. To fix a game in a ground with a capped capacity of 900 is absolutely disgraceful in my opinion.

Kildare should be ashamed of themselves. First their nonsense with Newbridge or Nowhere and now this. It’s actually an insult to all the hurlers taking part.

But particularly our guys. At least Kildare GAA can say to their players, “look it’s not ideal but we’ve given you a great chance here by getting this game fixed for our training centre. You’re hugely familiar with the pitch etc so let’s get the show back on the road”.

But to Offaly it’s Kildare GAA saying a big “Fcuk You”.

Hope we beat the sh1t out of them.

Claffey
Junior A

Post by Claffey »

Hopefully Offaly have some tickets ring-fenced for clubs and the tickets we are buying on Ticketmaster now are those that Kildare GAA have put on general sale. On past experience though, it's probably more likely that Ticketmaster have messed up.