Minors hurlers 2022

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Dodge83
All Star

Re: Minors hurlers 2022

Post by Dodge83 »

Savage performance tonight. What a win. The future is bright !! Anyone know will the final be on before the Senior final ?

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

If you want a good offaly crowd to be able to attend best not have it before senior game. Minor all ireland gets about 3k tickets between both counties.

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Great win. Well deserving. And no, minor will not be on before senior final. I think it is right that it isn't to be fair. We would like that now with Offaly involved but over the years, having it there has caused a lot of stress to young lads. With minor now u17, the gaa games model moved away from performance related motives to one of development. No matter where it is played, maybe Thurles or Limerick depending on opposition, there will be a great Offaly crowd in attendance. Well done to all involved. This is a really good team. We have every chance in final.
jimbob

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Final is fixed for Croke Park on Saturday July 2nd as a curtain raiser to Kilkenny’s All Ireland semi-final.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

That was a tough one!

Klare gave Offaly plenty of it. A bit like their seniors in the 90s, what they lacked in skill they made up for in sheer doggedness and determination.
Offaly were tested and this is exactly what is needed for the All Ireland final.

When Offaly went 4 points down, I fear what a Klare goal would have done at that stage.
We had some good fortune at that stage when the ref gave a couple of charity frees. This is where the crowd were a big help. It's usually the other way around. Offaly outnumbered and refs shafting us.

Offaly should have pulled away in the end but a slew of wides and maybe just lacked the bit of level-headedness and coherence.
Crucially the defence worked extremely hard and never coughed up any clear goal chances. So long as the goal stayed intact, the lead wasn't going to be overhauled.

Offaly were given a big test, they passed it, and will improve.
Delighted to be in the final. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Just home and buzzing after that. Superb team performance. Dan got some outrageous scores. We always seemed to be able to get the scores at the vital stages.

I was questioning beforehand how could a Tipp ref be appointed given the obvious connection with the other semi but he did us no harm.

Just realized on way home I’ve a wedding on the 2 July 😡😡😡😡
Doon exile....

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Doon Exile wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:51 pm Just realized on way home I’ve a wedding on the 2 July 😡😡😡😡
Listen, if she's truly your forever soulmate she won't mind you postponing the big day.
Or failing that, you disappearing between the church part and the reception.

biffinbanner
All Star
Club: ferbane

Post by biffinbanner »

i dont think we lacked support this evening!!

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Bord na Mona man wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:54 pm
Doon Exile wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:51 pm Just realized on way home I’ve a wedding on the 2 July 😡😡😡😡
Listen, if she's truly your forever soulmate she won't mind you postponing the big day.
Or failing that, you disappearing between the church part and the reception.
😂😂😂😂😂
Doon exile....

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

Wooooooooooooo, hon the lads, Savage performance.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Bord na Mona man wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:26 pm That was a tough one!

Klare gave Offaly plenty of it. A bit like their seniors in the 90s, what they lacked in skill they made up for in sheer doggedness and determination.
Offaly were tested and this is exactly what is needed for the All Ireland final.

When Offaly went 4 points down, I fear what a Klare goal would have done at that stage.
We had some good fortune at that stage when the ref gave a couple of charity frees. This is where the crowd were a big help. It's usually the other way around. Offaly outnumbered and refs shafting us.

Offaly should have pulled away in the end but a slew of wides and maybe just lacked the bit of level-headedness and coherence.
Crucially the defence worked extremely hard and never coughed up any clear goal chances. So long as the goal stayed intact, the lead wasn't going to be overhauled.

Offaly were given a big test, they passed it, and will improve.
Delighted to be in the final. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I agree about the poor start, but we recovered, and were the better side. The goals were vital in their timing, and our defence was sound. Offaly will improve their shooting for the final, a few chances not taken in either half, would have increased the victory margin.
A great night for Offaly people.

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

What was the official attendance in the end?

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

Tipp in the final :D :D :P

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

JimBwobb wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:32 pm Tipp in the final :D :D :P
Who will be favourites in the Final?

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

SearingDrive wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:42 pm
JimBwobb wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:32 pm Tipp in the final :D :D :P
Who will be favourites in the Final?
Ah shur, we’ll try to keep it pucked out to them. We’re just delighted to be able to play an aul match against Tipperary and with the help of god we won’t embarrass ourselves too much.