Offaly u20 2021

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Re: Offaly u20 2021

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

"Delighted that everyone who wants to go will be able to. Especially for club members right throughout the county who are the heart and soul of the GAA."
"I’m more so happy for the thousands of fans who haven’t been to a game in two years rather than the same few getting to go again..."

LETS JUST AGREE TO BE HAPPY AND DELIGHTED IN EQUAL MEASURE-and sign up to be a member of your local club this week and ask what help they need as payback for delivery of this momentous occasion!

But will be a great week and a great relief to many of the players who may have felt pressure for tickets for family and friends, but to all who are keen to be involved in this great day.

Jaysus, the thoughts of a pint outside a bar.....the thoughts of a pint outside a bar near Croke park.....Jaysus the thoughts of a pint on All Ireland final day near Croke park!!!....A PINT with Offaly playing in an ALL Ireland final in Croke Park!!! Brilliant! Thats 4 pints

mynamesjeff
Intermediate

Post by mynamesjeff »

Anonymous1 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:32 pm
mynamesjeff wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:22 pm Delighted that everyone who wants to go will be able to. Especially for club members right throughout the county who are the heart and soul of the GAA.
I’m more so happy for the thousands of fans who haven’t been to a game in two years rather than the same few getting to go again...
Sure isn’t it mighty?

Stop wallowing in your own bitterness, it’ll get ya nowhere.
Spouting utter nonsense. As one of the posters said, look forward to seeing you in OCP come a cold, wet miserable February day.

Great to see our county board chairman say at the weekend that club members should get priority. Absolutely fantastic.

These are the people who coach, give lifts, sell lotto tickets, cut grass and do the unseen work, as Loneshark alluded to above.

Need I remind you that before your county and playing for it comes your club!

Forty one clubs, one county.

Hon Offaly.

mynamesjeff
Intermediate

Post by mynamesjeff »

ah lethimoutwithit wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:55 pm "Delighted that everyone who wants to go will be able to. Especially for club members right throughout the county who are the heart and soul of the GAA."
"I’m more so happy for the thousands of fans who haven’t been to a game in two years rather than the same few getting to go again..."

LETS JUST AGREE TO BE HAPPY AND DELIGHTED IN EQUAL MEASURE-and sign up to be a member of your local club this week and ask what help they need as payback for delivery of this momentous occasion!

But will be a great week and a great relief to many of the players who may have felt pressure for tickets for family and friends, but to all who are keen to be involved in this great day.

Jaysus, the thoughts of a pint outside a bar.....the thoughts of a pint outside a bar near Croke park.....Jaysus the thoughts of a pint on All Ireland final day near Croke park!!!....A PINT with Offaly playing in an ALL Ireland final in Croke Park!!! Brilliant! Thats 4 pints
That.
If you’re not already, become a member of a club.
The 41 all feed into the 1, whether it be any of the 4 codes that Offaly competes in.
€20-30 for a non-playing member. 6-7 pints (couldn’t resist) is essentially the cost of it.

It will be a fantastic week, and I’ve no doubt it’ll be a successful one too.

Best wishes to all involved, be they players or management.

It must be some craic living near the border.

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

Book the train lads before it's sold out :lol:

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

mynamesjeff wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:55 pm
mynamesjeff wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:22 pm Delighted that everyone who wants to go will be able to. Especially for club members right throughout the county who are the heart and soul of the GAA.
I’m more so happy for the thousands of fans who haven’t been to a game in two years rather than the same few getting to go again...
Sure isn’t it mighty?

Spouting utter nonsense. As one of the posters said, look forward to seeing you in OCP come a cold, wet miserable February day.

Great to see our county board chairman say at the weekend that club members should get priority. Absolutely fantastic.

These are the people who coach, give lifts, sell lotto tickets, cut grass and do the unseen work, as Loneshark alluded to above.

Hon Offaly.
I heard the county board chairman saying you should become a member of your local club to be in the draw for tickets alright. But I then heard the chairman of Clara GAA club respond by saying: They can become members all they want but their names won’t be going in the draw.

Just incase you needed anymore proof of the cronyism that’s rife in Offaly GAA.
Last edited by Anonymous1 on Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mynamesjeff
Intermediate

Post by mynamesjeff »

Anonymous1 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:18 pm

Sure isn’t it mighty?

Hon Offaly.
I heard the county board chairman saying you should become a member of your local club to be in the draw for tickets alright. But I then heard the chairman of Clara GAA club respond by saying “They can become members all they want but their names won’t be going in the draw”

The latter said in a sarcastic fashion: “you might join and you still mightn’t be put in the hat!”

Definition of sarcasm: Sarcasm is the use of words usually used to either mock or annoy someone, or for humorous purposes. Sarcasm may employ ambivalence, although it is not necessarily ironic. Most noticeable in spoken word, sarcasm is mainly distinguished by the inflection with which it is spoken and is largely context-dependent.

You’ve misquoted Brian Gavin and tried to manipulate and twist what he said. Not a great idea to level these kinda things against people.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/zN9gyyKp8PSb8QYd7

As if there was any doubt about it, there’s the link for all to have a listen.

Offaly are in an All Ireland final for God sake. Stop whinging would ya!

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

mynamesjeff wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:33 pm
Anonymous1 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:18 pm

Sure isn’t it mighty?

Hon Offaly.
I heard the county board chairman saying you should become a member of your local club to be in the draw for tickets alright. But I then heard the chairman of Clara GAA club respond by saying “They can become members all they want but their names won’t be going in the draw”

The latter said in a sarcastic fashion: “you might join and you still mightn’t be put in the hat!”

Definition of sarcasm: Sarcasm is the use of words usually used to either mock or annoy someone, or for humorous purposes. Sarcasm may employ ambivalence, although it is not necessarily ironic. Most noticeable in spoken word, sarcasm is mainly distinguished by the inflection with which it is spoken and is largely context-dependent.

You’ve misquoted Brian Gavin and tried to manipulate and twist what he said. Not a great idea to level these kinda things against people.

Stop whinging? I reposted what the Offaly Twitter account posted earlier and you tried throwing another dig about members getting to go and then have the gall to tell me to stop whinging...

And what’s with all the hyperbole? Pretending to be offended by the word “crony” and now claiming I tried to manipulate someone’s words when all I did was paraphrase what I heard live... Give it a rest.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

JimBwobb wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:42 pm Book the train lads before it's sold out :lol:
Nostalgia for the days when Offaly were playing every Sunday in Croke Park may be curtailed.
Head down Dorset Street and find old Offaly haunts like Bermingham's closed and Kavanagh's replaced by a Wasabi Grill.
The Big Tree is currently being redeveloped as apartments.
Worse still, the Hideout has upgraded its seating options from empty beer barrels and scaffolding planks to soft furnishings.

mynamesjeff
Intermediate

Post by mynamesjeff »

The game is now a doubleheader with the ladies football game between Cork and Meath following.
Should still be more than enough tickets.

Club members should be looked after anyway with a surely massively increased Offaly allocation.

Anonymous1 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:53 pm
Anonymous1 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:18 pm I heard the county board chairman saying you should become a member of your local club to be in the draw for tickets alright. But I then heard the chairman of Clara GAA club respond by saying “They can become members all they want but their names won’t be going in the draw”

Stop whinging? I reposted what the Offaly Twitter account posted earlier and you tried throwing another dig about members getting to go and then have the gall to tell me to stop whinging...

And what’s with all the hyperbole? Pretending to be offended by the word “crony” and now claiming I tried to manipulate someone’s words when all I did was paraphrase what I heard live... Give it a rest.
Quick tip, don’t use quotation marks if you’re paraphrasing, as you said you were.

Yeah, you were (are) whinging.
I reiterated a point made by the county board chairperson in that it’s great to see the life and blood of the GAA in the county (ordinary club members) being looked after in terms of priority, which they should be. After all, these are the people that keep things going.

I couldn’t give a toss at being called a crony. It’s the ordinary club members that pay their membership that shouldn’t be called cronies. I was just calling you out for spouting utter manure.
You’d be surprised at the amount of people that read this forum and agree with that sentiment too! You wouldn’t see that muck on the Rossies’ forum so you wouldn’t.

If you don’t think club members should get priority, then you clearly don’t understand the GAA. They’re the people that let us have days like Sunday. The volunteerism and community element of the organisation is one to be envied. I’d seriously suggest getting involved in some capacity.

biffinbanner
All Star
Club: ferbane

Post by biffinbanner »

was never a fan of birminghams .always found the place a bit dirty and the drink not that great.. moved between kavanaghs and the temple bar for the golden 20 years. at least the temple bar still there?.and one for luck in gills if u were going that direction!!

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

Wheres the spot to go Sunday is the question :P :roll:

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

mynamesjeff wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:16 pm The game is now a doubleheader with the ladies football game between Cork and Meath following.
Should still be more than enough tickets.

Club members should be looked after anyway with a surely massively increased Offaly allocation.

Anonymous1 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:53 pm

Quick tip, don’t use quotation marks if you’re paraphrasing, as you said you were.

Yeah, you were (are) whinging.
I reiterated a point made by the county board chairperson in that it’s great to see the life and blood of the GAA in the county (ordinary club members) being looked after in terms of priority, which they should be. After all, these are the people that keep things going.

I couldn’t give a toss at being called a crony. It’s the ordinary club members that pay their membership that shouldn’t be called cronies. I was just calling you out for spouting utter manure.
You’d be surprised at the amount of people that read this forum and agree with that sentiment too! You wouldn’t see that muck on the Rossies’ forum so you wouldn’t.

If you don’t think club members should get priority, then you clearly don’t understand the GAA. They’re the people that let us have days like Sunday. The volunteerism and community element of the organisation is one to be envied. I’d seriously suggest getting involved in some capacity.
Jaysus if you’ve actually read anything I’ve posted you’d know my issue is not with club members getting tickets. It’s with a golden few at the top of each club keeping the tickets for themselves and not even holding a draw for the rest of the members.

You’d also know that my bigger issue is with tickets that Offaly are allocated that aren’t given to the players or the clubs, where have they been going?

And lastly, you seem to be snobbishly suggesting I’m not a member of my club and don’t go to games on cold days in February. Whereas, the truth is I’ve been doing both since I was in nappies.

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

JimBwobb wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:28 pm Wheres the spot to go Sunday is the question :P :roll:
Coppers, Jeff will probably know someone that can get us in...

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

Anonymous1 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:56 pm
JimBwobb wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:28 pm Wheres the spot to go Sunday is the question :P :roll:
One of his cronies will sort it for us :wink:

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

JimBwobb wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:08 pm
Anonymous1 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:56 pm
One of his cronies will sort it for us :wink:
I’m glad you said it 😂