Kehoe Cup 2019/2020, NHL 2020

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
DoingUntold
Senior
Club: St Rynaghs

Kehoe Cup 2019/2020, NHL 2020

Post by DoingUntold »

So here we go, a new year, chapter and era.....

Offaly V Kildare in Birr this Saturday at 2.p.m

Great to see a couple of new faces and old faces returning to the fold.

FB_IMG_1574964483313.jpg
FB_IMG_1574964483313.jpg (45.89 KiB) Viewed 23116 times

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Re: Kehoe Cup 2019/2020

Post by ryot »

Any report from the game ?

Good win but both teams seemed experimental...….

oneshot
County player

Post by oneshot »

a good win thats all you can asked for offaly started well with tommy geraghy and Cahill scoring and giving offaly and early lead . they never look in trouble during the game took some nice points with cahill and Oisin kelly scoring the goals . should have scored at leased two more keeper saved well from Sean Cleary twice. best for offaly Ciaran Burke Conneely and Dan Doughan in defence Doughan caught some ball in the air. Brian Duignan took some great points think he got 4. Eoghan Cahill was top scorer good on the frees. was alot of subs brough on David nally oisin murphy, peter Geraghty ,Connor langton,Ross Ravenhill who i though was very good when he came on got on alot of ball. anyway off to a winning start under fennelly lets hope one of many nice little crowd at it to.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

I felt it was a performance that was needed but really you could not take much from it.

We are not as weak as counties in this division but like Clareen dropping to Senior B still have a job to go out and do.

I think come March it would be great to see Offaly undefeated and finding consistency 1-15 ready for the Christy Ring.

One thing I would point out unsure of Damien Egan been tried at full back. I know David Kenny is a selector and would of probably suggested this move but I would prefer to see someone like Sean Coughlan there.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

I don't know why, but the only pictures I've seen of today's match is that of a steward running ahead of the kildare team to show them where to warm up
At the school and a picture of the team running back across the road back to the pitch. Not good enough to have intecounty teams doing that . I don't care what anyone says. Why couldn't they warm up on the main pitch?

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Il put this in a different context...if we did not have O Connor Park and St.Brendans Park was the main pitch in Offaly for hurling which it was for years would we mind if players crossed a short lane to a school to warm up the same school who played a huge part in the success of Offaly hurling and all the All irelands we won....no we wouldnt not have a problem with it not one bit.

The reason they did not warm up on the pitch is the same reason why they would not warm up in O Connor Park pitch or several other pitches around the country.

You are just trying to stir the pot but it does not surprises me with some people who are anti St.Brendans Park on here.

Birr do not have the perfect warm up area so a short jog across the field to a warm up area in my mind is perfectly fine.

It's not an all Ireland it's a keogh Cup game in fricken Novemeber!

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Tiny little school pitch for teams to warm-up. IF OCP didn't exist??!! It does!!. You have to run up the lane, cross a school yard to a pitch not fit for sheep. And the fact that these are the pictures of the game so far let's you know what people are thinking. I saw them on the kildare GAA Twitter page.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

I seen the photo and there is no comment about anything that your suggesting.
The "tiny" little pitch that you are on about is a bigger area than OCP warm up area...
It's a warm up area it's not ment to be a full sized pitch with flood lights :roll:

oneshot
County player

Post by oneshot »

private joker wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:41 pm I don't know why, but the only pictures I've seen of today's match is that of a steward running ahead of the kildare team to show them where to warm up
At the school and a picture of the team running back across the road back to the pitch. Not good enough to have intecounty teams doing that . I don't care what anyone says. Why couldn't they warm up on the main pitch?

were you at the game, why bring up this shit again about where the game is played get out and support the lads. fcuk sake move on its no wonder the county is in the state it is bring up bullshit about were a warm up was for a keogh cup game. :roll:

DoingUntold
Senior
Club: St Rynaghs

Post by DoingUntold »

Offaly 1 -24
Down 2-18

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

Who do offaly play next.

Do they have gone advantage in the semi final if they top the group

the Untouchable
All Star

Post by the Untouchable »

Great to see us getting a few wins under our belts at this time of the year, it can only be good for morale in the squad and get lads a bit of confidence...
Can’t be underestimated how big a year this will be for Offaly hurling as now that we’ve dropped down we need to bounce right back up again otherwise we’ll probably start playing down to teams around us and be lost in the wilderness as players drop off!!
The only concern I have so far is that we are still conceding an awful lot...2-18 against Down is a big score for a team to score against us.
I don’t get to go to the matches because I work weekends but for people who have watched us so far has there being a change in how we are trying to hurl at the moment or is it still all very much the same as previous years just that the drop in quality of opponents means that we aren’t getting punished like a better side would?
The Untouchable

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

the Untouchable wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:13 am Great to see us getting a few wins under our belts at this time of the year, it can only be good for morale in the squad and get lads a bit of confidence...
Can’t be underestimated how big a year this will be for Offaly hurling as now that we’ve dropped down we need to bounce right back up again otherwise we’ll probably start playing down to teams around us and be lost in the wilderness as players drop off!!
The only concern I have so far is that we are still conceding an awful lot...2-18 against Down is a big score for a team to score against us.
I don’t get to go to the matches because I work weekends but for people who have watched us so far has there being a change in how we are trying to hurl at the moment or is it still all very much the same as previous years just that the drop in quality of opponents means that we aren’t getting punished like a better side would?
You are probably not too far off with your angle Untouchable to be fair. Conceding far too much against poor opposition. I am probably glass half empty though.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

I think there is a few vital points you could make from watching Offaly in there two games.
With everyone back and the best 15 on the field we should be fairly formidable at this level but I think it will be very hard to say we have made progress or anything like that because realistically we should be dominating at against these teams.
What you would like to see is consistency in performance and some sort of a settled team come the end of the year.

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

greenairfield wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:06 pm I think there is a few vital points you could make from watching Offaly in there two games.
With everyone back and the best 15 on the field we should be fairly formidable at this level but I think it will be very hard to say we have made progress or anything like that because realistically we should be dominating at against these teams.
What you would like to see is consistency in performance and some sort of a settled team come the end of the year.
I agree and think that a more settled 15 will happen throughout the league. Management using Kehoe cup to decide on the panel. They beat UL is a challenge game last week which is also a good boost. Need to get back winning first and then winning comfortably.

Wonder if there is many players who will be on the panel but haven't played. Shane Dooley is the only one I can think of.Is Joe Bergin available? Where is Thomas Spain? Is there anyone else?