Paul Curran

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
juteman
County player

Paul Curran

Post by juteman »

We are all on a high after Offaly footballers produced what we know they have been capable of for the last few years.Now can someone organise to have the team shown a copy of Currans comments just before they take the pitch in 2 weeks....i.e 'Offaly won't keep it kicked out to Dublin'.

As for Saturday night - are our hurlers that for off the mark???.
I thought we were closer and improving but scorelines don't lie.We appeared to be playing well and on top until Limerick hit a purple patch just before halftime and 10 mins. into the second half.

Anyway I'm half cut and going to bed.....................happy!
JUTEMAN

Ron
All Star

Post by Ron »

Good old Paul Curran, I don't expect he had too many Offaly admirers anyway!

What else did he say, the sound in the pub was terrible. Did he comment on the Mattie Forde thing?

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Ron wrote:What else did he say, the sound in the pub was terrible. Did he comment on the Mattie Forde thing?
He implied that if the Donegal ball grabber got off, then Mattie should get away with it too.

Ron
All Star

Post by Ron »

Typical! At least he's consistent in his thug-ish attitude.

Thank god there was no serious damage done.

Subiaco
Junior C

Post by Subiaco »

Well at least Sully didn't have to send someone out to look for his front teeth after the final whistle.

naasmanxrhode
All Star

Post by naasmanxrhode »

Curran is a muppet, how he got on this programme beats me, he is brain damaged from birth,

DD
All Star
Location: He's on the 45.. he's on the 21..he's on the 14..a shot..

Post by DD »

naasmanxrhode wrote:Curran is a muppet, how he got on this programme beats me, he is brain damaged from birth,
The Sunday Game's choice of panellist over the past couple of years has been baffling. In football Curran and Flynn are especially poor, Tommy Lyons has a contant sneer on his face (a bit like he knows RTE are paying him for doing nothing) and Tohill while astute is as boring as a wet week.
In hurling Liam dunne is embarrassingly poor.

I hope next Sunday night we'll be in the pub laughing up at Curran on the TV having brought the cup home from croker. I'll be in no fit state to send any abusive e-mails or texts to the show - at least not til wednesday. :D

seamroga
Senior

Post by seamroga »

Have to say I agree with DD that some of the Sunday Game football panellists are very poor. I dread it when Paul Curran and Bernard Flynn are on together and as for Tommy 'I mean' 'you know' Lyons, surely there must be someone better out there.
In fairness to Anthony Tohill, he doesn't make the smart and silly marks of his fellow Derry man who should know better.
I think if Paul Curran says anything negative about Offaly on Sunday night we should flood the Sunday Game with e-mails reminding them of what he did in Parnell Park in that league game in the late '90s.
Overall, the hurling analysis is considerably better and would be more enjoyable if there was someone better than Pat Spillane asking the questions.

seamroga
Senior

Post by seamroga »

Have to say I agree with DD that some of the Sunday Game football panellists are very poor. I dread it when Paul Curran and Bernard Flynn are on together and as for Tommy 'I mean' 'you know' Lyons, surely there must be someone better out there.
In fairness to Anthony Tohill, he doesn't make the smart and silly marks of his fellow Derry man who should know better.
I think if Paul Curran says anything negative about Offaly on Sunday night we should flood the Sunday Game with e-mails reminding them of what he did in Parnell Park in that league game in the late '90s.
Overall, the hurling analysis is considerably better and would be more enjoyable if there was someone better than Pat Spillane asking the questions.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I'll have to disagree on one thing - I like Joe Brolly. His tone can come across as snide sometimes, but I do think that's literally just the way he talks, there's no subtext to it. He can be quite insightful, he doesn't hold punches and I'll confess to respecting him all the more having seen him cover a few Derry games. He was trying to be neutral, but you could still see his heart on his sleeve - it was admirable.

The Sunday night analysis can be woeful though. Lyons, Cullen, Flynn, Tohill - just cull. None of these guys are any good, as was pointed out before, they're too close to the scene - no-one will ever get a really harsh word said about them. McStay, along with Spillane as a pundit and someone with a bit of sense as anchor would do me.

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

i CANNOT stand Kevin McStay!! he does my head in cos he makes it sound like he knows everything! He comes across somewhat cocky!

Was'nt it Brolly that said that the Offaly players and supporters have the same sort of passion as the Liverpool players and supporters, think it was last year sometime....

DD
All Star
Location: He's on the 45.. he's on the 21..he's on the 14..a shot..

Post by DD »

Rynaghs Biffo wrote:i CANNOT stand Kevin McStay!! he does my head in cos he makes it sound like he knows everything! He comes across somewhat cocky!

Was'nt it Brolly that said that the Offaly players and supporters have the same sort of passion as the Liverpool players and supporters, think it was last year sometime....
I hope by that he doesn't mean we don't work and go around thieving :shock:

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

What part of Offaly would have the most moustaches and perms?

Back to topic. Paul Curran is a thug!

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

That would be your territory BnM. Between Darragh Scully, Padraig Moran, Fergal Moran, Colm Scanlon etc, there was more perms than in Toxteth :)

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

Paul Curran - his club bought him a van so he could drive about Dublin - FACT!