Predictions for The weekend......

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Hocker
All Star

Predictions for The weekend......

Post by Hocker »

Ok lads, the general feeling is one of confidence/caution going into the weekends matches...
Favourites in the football when we shouldn't be, and slight underdogs in the hurling, yet again probably when we shouldn't be?

Offaly 1-14 - Limerick 0-17

Offaly 2-10 - Wexford 1-12

the bare biffo
All Star

Post by the bare biffo »

Kildare are a better team than Wexford. Meath were abysmal against Wexford. But of course if Mattie Forde is allowed a field day as he was the last time we met, thats another story. Assuming that doesn't happen;

Offaly 2-08 Wexford 0-12

Not convinced about the hurlers at all. League v's Championship and all that. Limerick have had two weeks to lick their wounds and if they have anything in them at all will want to make amends and avoid what would effectively be a relegation semi final against Dublin. I fear the worst;

Offaly 1-14 Limerick 2-16
"The ball may pass, but the man, never."

Ron
All Star

Post by Ron »

Hurling

Offaly 2-12 Limerick 1-11

Offaly defended well against Wexford the last day and if they have the same intensity in defence then Limerick will struggle to put scores on the board. This game will be won or lost in our forwards and I think they'll step up to that challenge.

Football

Offaly 1-12 Wexford 0-12

If we can limit Forde to around 6/7 points then I don't think the rest of their forwards can contribute enough to win the game. Important that we finish will 15 on the field, Wexford used the extra man very well against Meath. Goals win matches and I think we're more likely to get them than Wexford.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I'm going to put my cards on the table - I think the hurlers are going to come good here - I think today will be the day it all falls into place for them.

The footballers I suspect are outmatched by a team round about as good, with one star player we'll have no answer for, and a better sideline team. (I was hugely impressed with how Wexford adapted to the extra man against Meath - it was clinical, well drilled and overall looked like they were well prepared.

Offaly 2-16
Limerick 0-14

Wexford 2-11
Offaly 1-9

Kevin
All Star

What the hell

Post by Kevin »

I've been looking at this weekend since its been set and thought it looked dark, but now its the weekend and of course we will make Limerick wish they never made the journey and we'll silence the masses at Croker as well:

Offaly 2-13 Limerick 0-15
Offaly 2-9 Wexford 0-13

Mighty Pair O' Hands
All Star

Post by Mighty Pair O' Hands »

Offaly 1-15 Limerick 0-17
Offaly 2-10 Wexford 1-11

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

Offaly 1-12 Limerick 0-17

Offaly 2-9 Wexford 1-8

the Untouchable
All Star

Post by the Untouchable »

In the Hurling

Offaly 1-13

Limerick 2-10

In the football

Wexford 2-11

Offaly 0-12

Can't see Wexford giving Offaly the same goal chances that they gave Meath, plus John Cooper is an excellent shot stopper. I reckon the full back line will probably know that Froggy is going to be brought on at the 1st sign of trouble & this might put undue pressure on what is a very young defence. I also think Wexford are better organised than Kildare were. In truth Mattie Ford is only a corner forward & like with any corner forward if you cut out the supply of quality ball going in then it could well see him having to come further out the field to get ball & where he's much less of a threat!!!

The hurlers will probably just about scrape a draw...It really depends on how serious their taking the qualifiers, I also don't think Tullamore will suit them for hurling, Birr would have been a lot more familiar to the lads & in a game like this where Limerick will be looking to show a bit of pride in the jersey we were going to need as many things in our favour!!!
The Untouchable

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

Offaly 1-10 Limerick 0-12

Offaly 3-7 Wexford 0-14

The Rover
Junior A

Prediction

Post by The Rover »

Offaly 1 - 12 Limerick 1 - 15

Offaly 2 - 8 Wexford 1 - 10

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

I'm going to put my cards on the table - I think the hurlers are going to come good here - I think today will be the day it all falls into place for them.

The footballers I suspect are outmatched by a team round about as good, with one star player we'll have no answer for, and a better sideline team. (I was hugely impressed with how Wexford adapted to the extra man against Meath - it was clinical, well drilled and overall looked like they were well prepared.

Offaly 2-16
Limerick 0-14

Wexford 2-11
Offaly 1-9
A bit of a boo boo there Shark but happy to be wrong about the Wexford game id say
"Sorry for being right so often"

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Very happy - twas some horrendous calling on my part though.

*hangs head in shame*

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Very happy - twas some horrendous calling on my part though.

*hangs head in shame*
Well in fairness you accepted that with great dignity- Arise Sir Shark - you be forgiven by one and all
"Sorry for being right so often"