Senior A Football 2019

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Champions?

Rhode
38%
Tullamore
14%
Clara
No votes
Ferbane
24%
Edenderry
19%
Gracefield
No votes
Cappincur
No votes
Shamrocks
5%

Total votes: 21

jimbob17
All Star

Re: Senior A Football 2019

Post by jimbob17 »

Clara to win easy.

Think Ferbane will be rattled by Shamrocks. I fancy Shamrocks to win this one - they are much closer than the odds suggest.

I think Gracefield will rattle Tullamore too but Tullamore to edge it for finish. By all accounts Gracefield will have plenty of better players back in and with few adjustments to management, they will be pumped up for it!
jimbob

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

jimbob17 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:10 pm Clara to win easy.

Think Ferbane will be rattled by Shamrocks. I fancy Shamrocks to win this one - they are much closer than the odds suggest.

I think Gracefield will rattle Tullamore too but Tullamore to edge it for finish. By all accounts Gracefield will have plenty of better players back in and with few adjustments to management, they will be pumped up for it!
Clara to beat Cappincur. I think Shamrocks will give Ferbane plenty to think about in the other match, although Ferbanne should get through in the end.

Tullman
Intermediate
Club: Tullamore

Post by Tullman »

Ferbane beat shamrocks by 6 points but it was closer than the score line suggested shamrocks we in the game until Ferbane got a debatable penalty, Cian Johnson unbelievable for Ferbane 0-6 from play what a player.

Other game was a farce cappincur never offered anything clara done everything at their ease and never got out of 2nd gear

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Big win for Ferbane

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

kingscounty wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:40 pm Big win for Ferbane
They looked very good yesterday. Impressed with Cian Johston Oisin Kelly, and Joe Maher.

Tullman
Intermediate

Post by Tullman »

Look back at some of the comments about Ferbane when clara beat them in the first round... they’ve been solid since then beat Rhode twice and the “ form “ team of the championship edenderry.
Edenderry offered nothing yesterday Cian Farrell done well but he had little support. They had no answer for Cian Johnson he’s after kicking 0-11 from play in the last 2 knockout games I’ve gone on about him enough on here but he really is sensational! Oisin kelly powerful runner very hard to stop when he gets going and Joe Maher always a threat they won’t be far off in 2 weeks time!

I think clara have a decent chance today could be close to a 50/50 game wouldn’t rule out a draw!

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

To say Clara lost their heads for a 10-15 minute spell in the first half would be an understatement.2 reds, 4 yellows and Brian Darby and Niall mc going off with head injuries. They completely lost it and game was over at that stage after conceding 2 goals within 7 minutes.

Rhode played with Clara for rest of game, I don’t know if I saw Alan Mc actually running but just a jog and either a hand pass or a short kick pass.

I hope Ferbane win the final for the following reason rhode won’t win a Leinster with that team and hopefully with the young ferbane team they might give it a rattle either this year or the next few.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Buttons wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:38 pm To say Clara lost their heads for a 10-15 minute spell in the first half would be an understatement.2 reds, 4 yellows and Brian Darby and Niall mc going off with head injuries. They completely lost it and game was over at that stage after conceding 2 goals within 7 minutes.

Rhode played with Clara for rest of game, I don’t know if I saw Alan Mc actually running but just a jog and either a hand pass or a short kick pass.

I hope Ferbane win the final for the following reason rhode won’t win a Leinster with that team and hopefully with the young ferbane team they might give it a rattle either this year or the next few.
It was a bit manic in the first 15 minutes. When things settled down 13 man Clara, took the game to 14 man Rhode, and missed 2 goal chances.
They should have had another goal in the second half, but the loss of two players was too much.
Rhode minus Niall McNamee did not carry the same scoring threat, but they kept recycling the ball, and held on for the win. Quite a few of of their players have played a lot of football
Looking over the two semi finals, you might make Ferbane favourites, but some of their panel line out for Belmont hurlers in the SHC semi final on Saturday. It is a big ask playing two crucial games a week apart.
Rhode have no dual players, and in a county final will be hard to beat.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Buttons wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:38 pm To say Clara lost their heads for a 10-15 minute spell in the first half would be an understatement.2 reds, 4 yellows and Brian Darby and Niall mc going off with head injuries. They completely lost it and game was over at that stage after conceding 2 goals within 7 minutes.

Zero % chance that Ferbane team will win a Leinster. Let’s be realistic.

GAHMAD
County player
Club: Over 50's club

Post by GAHMAD »

Fair play for your bluntness Frank.

Limited chance that any Offaly team will win a Leinster, but that won't be Ferbanes objective. Superb turnaround from earlier in the championship and would appear to be slight favourites for the final.#

On Tullmans point, yes you have consistently stated that Cian Johnson is the bee's knees and should be starting for Offaly at Senior level.....but many here will agree with me that the best thing has happened with Cian J and Cian F, they have had a chance to settle into u20 and senior club and without the pressure of County Senior.
Pressure will be on in the final and hopefully he can handle it, and would be great overall for football to see Ferbane back winning a title.

They will have their chance over the winter to bed in with Offaly over the winter and looking forward to the options that Maughan will have to work with in the Springtime.

As for Edenderry, this was a big opportunity missed and they will be kicking themselves in losing this. They also have talent coming through and will compete strongly and should be well capable of winning a senior championship in the coming years.

heman
Junior A

Post by heman »

Disgraceful carry on by Clara in the first half , 2 cowardly tackles by the two Brady’s . Madness that ross stayed on the on pitch , ref had a perfect view of the incident and bottled it . Even if Rhodes injuries do recover I still think Ferbane will win . They look more balanced and organised along with their talent should get over the line .

oneshot
County player

Post by oneshot »

i wasnt at the game between clara and rhode but i belive clara’s trying to rought them up style was shame full. rhodes answer was stick it in the net on the scoreboard where it matters and clara knew they couldn’t beat them playing football. still wouldn’t write off Rhode for the four in a row.

Tullman
Intermediate

Post by Tullman »

Final predictions?

I’m expecting rhode to play defensive and turn it in the a low scoring dogfight they haven’t been putting up Big scores in this years championship and Ferbane have beaten them twice this year but we all know rhode will be a different animal in the final. Conor mcnamee will be a huge loss for rhode if he doesn’t play as their panel is not that strong. Ferbane need big performances from Joe Maher Oisin kelly and Cian Johnson if they are going to win. I think Ferbane by 2

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Rhode to do what they have never done before (I think!!) and win 4 in a row.

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

frankthetank wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:44 pm Rhode to do what they have never done before (I think!!) and win 4 in a row.
not for me. strong possibility of a draw (make a few quid off paddy power), but i think ferbane will be a year stronger and wiser.

Rhode have had the easier route to the final. Ferbane are going for 4 in a row also. Have beaten Rhode 3 times this year so far!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: