Reviving Offaly Hurling to former glories.

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
LooseCannon
All Star

Reviving Offaly Hurling to former glories.

Post by LooseCannon »

Firstly, it’s all to play for, and I’m not for one second dismissing our chances v Kerry on Saturday in Tralee.

I don’t do Facebook, and was sent this on by a concerned citizen I suppose you could call him.

He sent me the following from a Facebook post:
Right I’m ready to go with this.

Tune in over the weekend for my presentation on my own 10 year plan for Offaly Hurling to rise again.

I go through Clubs, Schools and County structures to bring you this.

Have a lot of my own works and ideas put together along with taking structures from other counties.

A 10 year plan I believe will help the faithful county rise again.

Traveled to Offaly on 2 occasions to get an idea of facilities and surrounding areas.

Keep an Eye for this weekends video release
The above is from some Facebook page entitled GAA - The Gospel, which upon further investigation is ran by a young man called Bill O’Flynn, from Cork. Despite being of age for hurling, the young man is unable to partake in sport due to injuries sustained when he was younger. He’s been involved in coaching with numerous underage teams in Cork, as well as with St Coleman’s College in Fermoy.

I’m not sure if the video that he’ll be releasing will be on YouTube or Facebook, to be honest.

Please don’t ate me, I just said I’d put it up and see what people think of it when it’s out. It’d be interesting to see what an outsider thinks, without it being a general statement.
Good Luck

SearingDrive
All Star

Re: Reviving Offaly Hurling to former glories.

Post by SearingDrive »

LooseCannon wrote:Firstly, it’s all to play for, and I’m not for one second dismissing our chances v Kerry on Saturday in Tralee.

I don’t do Facebook, and was sent this on by a concerned citizen I suppose you could call him.

He sent me the following from a Facebook post:
Right I’m ready to go with this.

Tune in over the weekend for my presentation on my own 10 year plan for Offaly Hurling to rise again.

I go through Clubs, Schools and County structures to bring you this.

Have a lot of my own works and ideas put together along with taking structures from other counties.

A 10 year plan I believe will help the faithful county rise again.

Traveled to Offaly on 2 occasions to get an idea of facilities and surrounding areas.

Keep an Eye for this weekends video release
The above is from some Facebook page entitled GAA - The Gospel, which upon further investigation is ran by a young man called Bill O’Flynn, from Cork. Despite being of age for hurling, the young man is unable to partake in sport due to injuries sustained when he was younger. He’s been involved in coaching with numerous underage teams in Cork, as well as with St Coleman’s College in Fermoy.

I’m not sure if the video that he’ll be releasing will be on YouTube or Facebook, to be honest.

Please don’t ate me, I just said I’d put it up and see what people think of it when it’s out. It’d be interesting to see what an outsider thinks, without it being a general statement.
Like yourself I don't do Facebook, Twitter, and other social media. It's no harm to get an outside view on Offaly hurling.
I think Offaly do have to start at school level, and underage to start a revival. That development will take a while to show results. When Offaly were a top hurling county, the underage side was neglected, that probably explains the difficulties Offaly have gone through in recent years. Our neighbours, Laois, Westmeath, and Carlow have passed us out.
In Munster, Clare and Waterford, and Limerick enjoyed underage success, Limerick won Liam Mc Carthy last year.
Maybe that hurling plan of a few years ago should be implemented.

On a separate issue. in my opinion we spend too much time looking back to past glories in football and hurling, great and all as they were, Offaly should look at the present, and build successful teams for the future.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

https://youtu.be/tgJCY8pBWbE

That’s the video.
Good Luck

Keyser Soze
Intermediate
Club: S Club 7

Post by Keyser Soze »

I watched 10 minutes of that.
I don't consider myself a keyboard warrior, so I won't say much.
What I will say is that I couldn't figure out if it was sales pitch or an exercise in stating the obvious!

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Keyser Soze wrote:I watched 10 minutes of that.
I don't consider myself a keyboard warrior, so I won't say much.
What I will say is that I couldn't figure out if it was sales pitch or an exercise in stating the obvious!
I just said that I’d put it up. I haven’t seen it really yet. Was sent on the link.
Good Luck

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Basically an hour of stating the obvious. But fair play to him. He did his work. Put it together. If only there was an existing plan ready to go that had people willing to do it within the county........