Transfers

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
LooseCannon
All Star

Transfers

Post by LooseCannon »

Anybody in the know on transfers?
Hearing strong rumours of a county player joining a club to play his preferred code.
PM
Good Luck

frankthetank
All Star

Re: Transfers

Post by frankthetank »

Nigel Dunne to any other county?

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

frankthetank wrote:Nigel Dunne to any other county?
Most certainly not.
Good Luck

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

On the topic of transfers, Has Chris McDonalds transfer to Ballinamere gone through?

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Killeighman wrote:On the topic of transfers, Has Chris McDonalds transfer to Ballinamere gone through?
Why is he leaving Brosna Gaels? They have a hurling club.

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

I heard he is living in the Ballinamere area. It was on the Tribune that he was requesting to move.

hamstrings
Junior A

Post by hamstrings »

Is their a way you can look up internal transfers within a county?

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

hamstrings wrote:Is their a way you can look up internal transfers within a county?
Unfortunately not in Offaly, no.
Good Luck

lovelyhurling
County player
Club: de field

Post by lovelyhurling »

LooseCannon wrote:Anybody in the know on transfers?
Hearing strong rumours of a county player joining a club to play his preferred code.
PM
Is it internal or external from Offaly? What club also
pull hard on your man, he's no relation

hamstrings
Junior A

Post by hamstrings »

lovelyhurling wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:Anybody in the know on transfers?
PM
Is it internal or external from Offaly? What club also
Internal transfers, would be interesting to see who's going were and what clubs loosing players and what clubs are gaining

hamstrings
Junior A

Post by hamstrings »

Does that mean Chris McDonald now has to play his football with Durrow ? Or can he still play football with ballycumber and hurling with ballinamere?

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

hamstrings wrote:Does that mean Chris McDonald now has to play his football with Durrow ? Or can he still play football with ballycumber and hurling with ballinamere?
I think that I read that he has to play football with Durrow. Almost certain that Kevin Corrigan said that in the Tribune a couple of weeks ago.
Good Luck

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

Personally I cannot understand lads transferring away from their home club. Especially in this case where the clubs are so close to each other. If a player was moving a couple of hours away then yes if you have a family and time travelling doesn't suit.

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

timber wrote:Personally I cannot understand lads transferring away from their home club. Especially in this case where the clubs are so close to each other. If a player was moving a couple of hours away then yes if you have a family and time travelling doesn't suit.
I think each case should be taken on its individual merits. The reasons lads transfer can be wildly different, some sporting and some not. I can see the motivation for someone wanting to play at a higher level, or if they feel that their own club aren't well set up, or if they feel that they are playing second fiddle to football. Could be a disagreement with a manager, could be personal reasons for wanting to go - more friends in that club, looking to settle in that area and get to know more members of their local community where their children will go to school, etc...

I no nothing about the specific case at hand here, so I am not commenting specifically, I am just saying that there can be a lot more going on and lots of reasons for someone to want to transfer club than meets the eye.

hamstrings
Junior A

Post by hamstrings »

What happens then in the case a guy transfers from a duel club to a hurling club who has no football, can he request to play football with his former club ?

Example : transfers from tullamore to shinrone but wants permission to still play football with tullamore because their is no football club in shinrone ?