Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Tullman
Junior A
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:14 am
Club: Tullamore

Re: Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

Post by Tullman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:31 pm

I don’t have to answers to your questions that’s just what I was told at the match on Sunday and it was obvious he wasn’t moving freely.

I’m not sure I presume county squads have a physio at training and for more serious injuries they get sent further afield and costs are covered by Offaly but then again it is u20 so you never know

He must just want to win the club championship wheery won by 3 on Sunday and he kicked 3 so even if he’s only half fit he still offers something at club level

greenairfield
All Star
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Club: birr

Re: Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

Post by greenairfield » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:49 pm

I heard in the last couple of days that Conor Doughan had not been looked after and was owed money form the county board from an injury and that is why he choose not to go in with the county.

People say we have loads of players who would make a difference if they were in on the panel...I don't agree but I know for certain he is one player who would make that difference.

Typical of the county board!

LooseCannon
All Star
Posts: 925
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Club: Coppers

Re: Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

Post by LooseCannon » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:11 pm

greenairfield wrote:I heard in the last couple of days that Conor Doughan had not been looked after and was owed money form the county board from an injury and that is why he choose not to go in with the county.

People say we have loads of players who would make a difference if they were in on the panel...I don't agree but I know for certain he is one player who would make that difference.

Typical of the county board!
I heard the same about a different player. All is resolved now though, and he was involved last weekend.
"The greatest one in a row in history."

ryot
All Star
Posts: 326
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:35 pm
Club: Doon

Re: Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

Post by ryot » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:33 pm

Players are not owed money by County Board for injuries.

The GAA Injury Fund is there to pay for INJURIES..

The real question for those players is:::: Did they fill out GAA Injury Claim Forms or did they just not bother and expect the rest of us (the County Board) to pay up.

frankthetank
All Star
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:22 am

Re: Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

Post by frankthetank » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:34 am

greenairfield wrote:I heard in the last couple of days that Conor Doughan had not been looked after and was owed money form the county board from an injury and that is why he choose not to go in with the county.

People say we have loads of players who would make a difference if they were in on the panel...I don't agree but I know for certain he is one player who would make that difference.

Typical of the county board!
Is Conor Doughan not forbidden to tog out for Offaly due to a bye-law ratified at this year’s Camross GAA AGM?

greenairfield
All Star
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Club: birr

Re: Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

Post by greenairfield » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:39 am

While funny totally inaccurate

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Posts: 3057
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:47 pm

Re: Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

Post by Plain of the Herbs » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:46 am

There’s been a lot of talk, maybe too much talk (to borrow a phrase from Bono, who didn’t have Shinrone in mind at the time), but the theory that these was an orchestrated withholding of players by Shinrone has no basis in fact. Greenairfield, to be fair, has been consistent on this for some time.

Truth is, two Shinrone hurlers were asked in, one declined, while management’s interest in the other tailed off. There is nothing sinister. The myth probably came from the linked article in the country’s greatest tabloid, the The Irish Independent, and you can see where they left the story open to (mis)interpretation. Let that be the end of it.
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic ... 35935.html
greenairfield wrote:While funny totally inaccurate
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

LooseCannon
All Star
Posts: 925
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Club: Coppers

Re: Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

Post by LooseCannon » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:57 am

Plain of the Herbs wrote:There’s been a lot of talk, maybe too much talk (to borrow a phrase from Bono, who didn’t have Shinrone in mind at the time), but the theory that these was an orchestrated withholding of players by Shinrone has no basis in fact. Greenairfield, to be fair, has been consistent on this for some time.

Truth is, two Shinrone hurlers were asked in, one declined, while management’s interest in the other tailed off. There is nothing sinister. The myth probably came from the linked article in the country’s greatest tabloid, the The Irish Independent, and you can see where they left the story open to (mis)interpretation. Let that be the end of it.
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic ... 35935.html
greenairfield wrote:While funny totally inaccurate

JP and one of the Doughans?
"The greatest one in a row in history."

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Posts: 3057
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:47 pm

Re: Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

Post by Plain of the Herbs » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:48 am

Wrong guess. All you are doing is demonstrating that you are making it up as you go along. I hope it stays fine for you.
LooseCannon wrote:JP and one of the Doughans?
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

LooseCannon
All Star
Posts: 925
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Club: Coppers

Re: Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

Post by LooseCannon » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:54 am

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Wrong guess. All you are doing is demonstrating that you are making it up as you go along. I hope it stays fine for you.
LooseCannon wrote:JP and one of the Doughans?
Seán Cleary would be an obvious guess but I thought that ship had sailed. Perhaps I’m wrong. I may have mixed up a Cleary in my guess.
"The greatest one in a row in history."

allstar2010
All Star
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

Post by allstar2010 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:05 pm

LooseCannon wrote:
Plain of the Herbs wrote:Wrong guess. All you are doing is demonstrating that you are making it up as you go along. I hope it stays fine for you.
LooseCannon wrote:JP and one of the Doughans?
Seán Cleary would be an obvious guess but I thought that ship had sailed. Perhaps I’m wrong. I may have mixed up a Cleary in my guess.
To use the words from a certain Disney film.... “let it go, let it go”

Tullman
Junior A
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:14 am
Club: Tullamore

Re: Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

Post by Tullman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:35 pm

U20 semi finals
Wheery 5-12 Clara 0-6
The first half was competitive 1-5 to 0-5 at half time but in the second half the floor gates opened. Johnson scored 2-5 1 goal in particular was brilliant David Nally excellent at wing back wheery were impressive moved the ball well at times and seemed to know what they were doing in contrast to Clara. Ferbane won the last u21 title and the first u20 title last year and back in the final again now they are doing something right over there!

St.patricks best st.broughans 2-8 to 1-8 in the other semi final anyone any information on it?

private joker
All Star
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

Post by private joker » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:33 am

I'm not familiar with the underage teams in offaly. But were Clara the only stand alone team in the last 4 in the u20 championship.?

LooseCannon
All Star
Posts: 925
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Club: Coppers

Re: Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

Post by LooseCannon » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:38 am

private joker wrote:I'm not familiar with the underage teams in offaly. But were Clara the only stand alone team in the last 4 in the u20 championship.?
Technically, yes.
We do not know how many, if any players from Shannonbridge or Ballyfore played with Ferbane and Edenderry.
I think Broughan’s were the other team, weren’t they?
"The greatest one in a row in history."

True Red
All Star
Posts: 752
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

Post by True Red » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:11 am

No player from ballyfore on the edenderry team AFAIK.

Name is a bit of a misnomer and has been for a while now.
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

Post Reply