NFL Division 3 2019

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
LooseCannon
All Star

Re: NFL Division 3 2019

Post by LooseCannon »

frankthetank wrote:So Nigel Dunne walked off the panel? The same Nigel Dunne who walked out of a championship dressing room at Half - Time last year?

Just sayin'!!
Sure didn’t he hop in the car and drive home as well.
Oh sorry, that was a figment of Brian Gavin’s imagination, or was it…?
Good Luck

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

greenairfield wrote:A team gets a win and ye guys on here just love to bring the negativity and spread it.

Through out my hurling career various players on teams myself included have fell out with managers...but at the end of the day 9/10 it's the player who is making the mistake leaving. You are the one losing out all he should of done is shut his mouth work hard and an opening would appear For him to force his way back in the team.. its very easy to blame a manager!
I think Greenairfield has a valid point. Whatever issues arose with John Maughan and Nigel Dunne, the only loser is Offaly. The team got a long overdue win last Sunday, and now the focus is on personalities, rather than beating Down, and making a bid for promotion. Why does this happen in Offaly ?

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

He admitted to walking out of the dressing room in a sulk. Fairly petulant stuff and demoralising for team morale if you ask me.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/offaly-foo ... -ha-160205

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

SearingDrive wrote:
greenairfield wrote:A team gets a win and ye guys on here just love to bring the negativity and spread it.

Through out my hurling career various players on teams myself included have fell out with managers...but at the end of the day 9/10 it's the player who is making the mistake leaving. You are the one losing out all he should of done is shut his mouth work hard and an opening would appear For him to force his way back in the team.. its very easy to blame a manager!
I think Greenairfield has a valid point. Whatever issues arose with John Maughan and Nigel Dunne, the only loser is Offaly. The team got a long overdue win last Sunday, and now the focus is on personalities, rather than beating Down, and making a bid for promotion. Why does this happen in Offaly ?
Maybe for once the players should take responsibility?

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

frankthetank wrote:So Nigel Dunne walked off the panel? The same Nigel Dunne who walked out of a championship dressing room at Half - Time last year?

Just sayin'!!
The same guy who left Roscommon a few years back for being taken off. All 3 managers can’t be blamed? Time to look in the mirror Nigel

chimbonda
County player

Post by chimbonda »

Perhaps he was not happy with this weeks match clashing with his club dinner dance :lol:

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

frankthetank wrote:
SearingDrive wrote:

Maybe for once the players should take responsibility?
Very true Frank.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

chimbonda wrote:Perhaps he was not happy with this weeks match clashing with his club dinner dance :lol:
I was going to make a joke about that, but I won’t. Which club?
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

No changes to the football team that was initially named to start last week.
Dunican
Hogan
Rigney
Dempsey
Donohue
Moloney
McConway
Carroll
Mangan
Horan
Cunningham
Darby
Panda
Anton
R McNamee
Good Luck

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

Result probably wasn't unforseen but that second half display was poor.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

In fairness your always so positive

suckindiesel
Senior

Post by suckindiesel »

suckindiesel..are you guys not in division 4 the last time we met we put ye down there :lol:

looks like we will return the favour to ye on Saturday week. a shame because OY are not the second worst team in the division.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

John Maughan says he was 'shocked and surprised' to get a text from Nigel Dunne about leaving the Offaly football panel. 'His decision, and if he's wasn't enjoying it and prepared to play to play for Offaly then that's fine...it's a personal choice.'
-Radio 3 sport on Twitter.
Good Luck

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

greenairfield wrote:In fairness your always so positive
Negativity wouldn't be my disposition, I can only go on what I heard from 103. But to have the wind in the second half and for the deficit to be increased by a multitude is disappointing. Unfortunate as we had given ourselves a great opportunity with the first half display. All roads lead to O'Connor Park and Leix!

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

The state of play at the moment.
Good Luck