Senior A Football 2019

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Champions?

Rhode
38%
Tullamore
14%
Clara
No votes
Ferbane
24%
Edenderry
19%
Gracefield
No votes
Cappincur
No votes
Shamrocks
5%

Total votes: 21

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Re: Senior A Football 2019

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

I see it now. Thanks B.
bracknaghboy wrote:Kevin Corrigan tweeted about the new structure POTH. He would have been at the CB meeting on Tuesday I'm guessing.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

You've probably seen the tweets and other notifications by now, but the draws are being livestreamed by Radio 3 from 8pm this (Thursday) evening.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:You've probably seen the tweets and other notifications by now, but the draws are being livestreamed by Radio 3 from 8pm this (Thursday) evening.
Well…that went well. :? :(
Good Luck

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

What happened?

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

greenairfield wrote:What happened?
They didn’t stream it, after all the publicity of it!
After all the likes, retweets and shares. Oh well.
Good Luck

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

It was on Facebook

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

greenairfield wrote:It was on Facebook
On what page?
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

LooseCannon wrote:
greenairfield wrote:It was on Facebook
On what page?
Sorry, it was on Facebook but I’m nearly certain that it was supposed to be streamed on the midlands sport page.
Good Luck

biffinbanner
All Star
Club: ferbane

Post by biffinbanner »

so the draw was made.you get drawn in a group with 3 or 4 others but never get to play any of the teams you are drawn with unless you progress out of the group. no wonder we are where we are!!

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Interesting to see a home and away format being used in this year's Senior A championship. E.g Rhode are at home to Edenderry in Round 1. I actually thought it might just be this game with this arrangement as Rhode travelled to play Edenderry last year to play at the opening of Edenderry's new grounds thus Edenderry would return the favour but Rhode, Clara, Gracefield and Cappincur all have home advantage in Round 1 and Tullamore, Ferbane, Shamrocks and Edenderry are all at home in Round 2.

Also interesting to note Tullamore are playing their home games in OCP and not O'Brien Park!! Make of that what you will but if I was a club chairman/secretary/manager I would have serious issues if I was asked to play Tullamore in a neutral venue down the line in the championship and then the game was fixed for OCP!

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

frankthetank wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:18 pm Interesting to see a home and away format being used in this year's Senior A championship. E.g Rhode are at home to Edenderry in Round 1. I actually thought it might just be this game with this arrangement as Rhode travelled to play Edenderry last year to play at the opening of Edenderry's new grounds thus Edenderry would return the favour but Rhode, Clara, Gracefield and Cappincur all have home advantage in Round 1 and Tullamore, Ferbane, Shamrocks and Edenderry are all at home in Round 2.

Also interesting to note Tullamore are playing their home games in OCP and not O'Brien Park!! Make of that what you will but if I was a club chairman/secretary/manager I would have serious issues if I was asked to play Tullamore in a neutral venue down the line in the championship and then the game was fixed for OCP!
Don’t Tullamore actually own O’Connor Park though?
Aye, they should play it in Birr. Should draw in the North Tipp and East Galway crowds :lol: :wink: :D 8) :P
Good Luck

Geansai Gorm
Senior
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Geansai Gorm »

LooseCannon wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:49 pm Aye, they should play it in Birr. Should draw in the North Tipp and East Galway crowds :lol: :wink: :D 8) :P
Stop stirring you... :lol: They are home games but Co. Board is running the gate. You buy a ticket or weekend pass to all games.

Hankscorpio
Junior B

Post by Hankscorpio »

Any reports from the weekend games?

Clara V Ferbane
Tullamore v Cappincur
Rhode v Edenderry
Gracefield v Shamrocks

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Clara had a good win. Ferbane seem to have gone back a good bit. They were missing a few I think. Clara moving well and will have a big say in the county championship. Guilfoyle the best player on the pitch.

GAHMAD
County player
Club: Over 50's club

Post by GAHMAD »

Shocking performance by Ferbane, they are not in a good place by the looks of things.

Clara might have a pep in their step this year alright.