Niall McNamee returns

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
bracknaghboy
All Star

Niall McNamee returns

Post by bracknaghboy »

Felt this was worthy of it's own thread. Tullman called this a few days ago on the D3 thread and how right he was.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0129/ ... or-return/

This is fantastic news. I always felt his career ended unsatisfactorily with the games v Westmeath and the Cavan game in 2017.
Lets hope it's for the next 2 or 3 years and not just this year. He's still young and is as good as he was 4-5 years. The best forward in any county should be playing regardless of age.

Right Brian Carroll lets have you. The best forward we have in the club game and not on the county panel. Still a young man and more than capable. No good sitting in the press box bemoaning whats wrong......get up out there and do something about it. You'll be long enough retired. I'm serious by the way.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Re: Niall McNamee returns

Post by greenairfield »

Great boost on Niall mc...the Brian Carroll statement is totally wrong he is not the best forward in the County struggled in some games last year at club level has lost that yard of pace he had.

He's older than Niall Mc and the hurlers are in a bad position while footballers have some hope.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: Niall McNamee returns

Post by Bord na Mona man »

bracknaghboy wrote: Right Brian Carroll lets have you. The best forward we have in the club game and not on the county panel. Still a young man and more than capable. No good sitting in the press box bemoaning whats wrong......get up out there and do something about it. You'll be long enough retired. I'm serious by the way.
Give the man a chance. You can be sure he has a lot more commitments now compared to 10 years ago.
He probably has a bucket list of things to do in his life that he put on hold due to hurling inter county.