NFL Division 3 2019

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
LooseCannon
All Star

NFL Division 3 2019

Post by LooseCannon »

Westmeath in Tullamore at 2 on Sunday.
Good Luck

Tullman
Intermediate
Club: Tullamore

Re: NFL Division 3 2019

Post by Tullman »

Any team news? Murmurs of A Niall Mc return

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

1. Paddy Dunican (Shamrocks)

2. Declan Hogan (Tullamore)

3. Eoin Rigney (Rhode)

4. David Dempsey (Ballycommon)

5. Joey O’Connor (St Rynagh’s)

6. Paul McConway (Tullamore)

7. Cian Donohoe (St Brigid’s)

8. Cathal Mangan (Kilclonfert)

9. Peter Cunningham (Bracknagh)

10. Shane Horan (Kilmacud Crokes)

11. Anton Sullivan (Rhode)

12. Niall Darby (Rhode)

13. Bernard Allen (Tubber)

14. Johnny Moloney (Tullamore)

15. Ruairi McNamee (Rhode)
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

According to Maughan’s interview with the Tribune during the week, I think he approached him and Brian Darby. He also said that the panel was closed. Said that Joe Maher asked to join the panel lately, but he was told that the panel was closed.
Good Luck

Tullman
Intermediate

Post by Tullman »

I seen that but Niall Mc was training the past couple of nights probably won’t play Sunday

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Tullman wrote:I seen that but Niall Mc was training the past couple of nights probably won’t play Sunday
Happy days if that’s the case.

11 or inside?
Good Luck

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

LooseCannon wrote: Happy days if that’s the case.
11 or inside?
Neither, this is modern football so running around chasing shadows on his own half back line would be his most likely assignment if he was mad enough to come back.
I'm going to Tullamore tomorrow and if I see 13 Offaly players behind the ball then that's it I'll be attending no more games of theirs this year. My love affair with football is coming to an end, the entertainment factor is close to zero for most of these games now. The games are being played out with a 3:1 ratio of hand passes to kicks, the soul dies a little more with each game attended.

Tullman
Intermediate

Post by Tullman »

I’d play him inside especially with the offensive mark he would take advantage of that

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

Tullman wrote:I seen that but Niall Mc was training the past couple of nights probably won’t play Sunday
Is there word that he's coming back? Any word on Eoin Carroll or if Cian Johnson is involved this year?

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

pigeon house biffo wrote:
Is there word that he's coming back? Any word on Eoin Carroll or if Cian Johnson is involved this year?
Was supposed to be a bit behind Cunningham in terms of time frame. Cunningham is named to start. Might be on the bench?

I think that I read that Johnson isn’t playing senior or u20. Don’t hold me to it!
Good Luck

pigeon house biffo
All Star

LooseCannon wrote:
pigeon house biffo wrote:
Was supposed to be a bit behind Cunningham in terms of time frame. Cunningham is named to start. Might be on the bench?

I think that I read that Johnson isn’t playing senior or u20. Don’t hold me to it!
Beggars belief.

Tullman
Intermediate

Post by Tullman »

Johnson isn’t involved with either squad. Very poor from the county board, offaly senior hurlers have a good few u20s in playing the league but won’t any into the footballers very disappointing considering what he showed us last year a bigger comfy wouldn’t let their talent slip away , especially with Niall Mc back the two of them inside would be exciting

pigeon house biffo
All Star

not sure if it was here or elsewhere I heard it but I think Michael Brazil will be back around March. His loss will be keenly felt in that area of the field tomorrow.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Tullman wrote:Johnson isn’t involved with either squad. Very poor from the county board, offaly senior hurlers have a good few u20s in playing the league but won’t any into the footballers very disappointing considering what he showed us last year a bigger comfy wouldn’t let their talent slip away , especially with Niall Mc back the two of them inside would be exciting
Being devils advocate here, but Nally, etc can play u20/21 in hurling methinks. No rule preventing players playing both.
There’s many people that think that it would be better if Johnson played with the 20s, but he obviously doesn’t want to, and that has to be respected. It’s his choice.
I’d be inclined to agree with the county board on their stance with regards to u20s players and senior. Let them train with the seniors if they’re good enough and join the senior match day championship panel whenever the 20s are out of the championship. Basically do what Roscommon did with Ciarán Lennon last year.
Good Luck

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

LooseCannon wrote:
Tullman wrote:Johnson isn’t involved with either squad. Very poor from the county board, offaly senior hurlers have a good few u20s in playing the league but won’t any into the footballers very disappointing considering what he showed us last year a bigger comfy wouldn’t let their talent slip away , especially with Niall Mc back the two of them inside would be exciting
Being devils advocate here, but Nally, etc can play u20/21 in hurling methinks. No rule preventing players playing both.
There’s many people that think that it would be better if Johnson played with the 20s, but he obviously doesn’t want to, and that has to be respected. It’s his choice.
I’d be inclined to agree with the county board on their stance with regards to u20s players and senior. Let them train with the seniors if they’re good enough and join the senior match day championship panel whenever the 20s are out of the championship. Basically do what Roscommon did with Ciarán Lennon last year.
Does Johnson think he's too good for the U20's?