Senior B Hurling 2018

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Senior B winners 2018?

Durrow
17%
Brosna Gaels
4%
Lusmagh
38%
Drumcullen
No votes
Tullamore
13%
Clodiagh Gaels
8%
Shamrocks
17%
Carrig
4%

Total votes: 24

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Re: Senior B Hurling 2018

Post by greenairfield »

Sour taste...I am from Birr how would I be sour with Shamrocks..?

I just think some of the behaviour from Shamrock players on the field leaves a lot to be desired for.

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

greenairfield wrote:Sour taste...I am from Birr how would I be sour with Shamrocks..?

I just think some of the behaviour from Shamrock players on the field leaves a lot to be desired for.
Geenairfield if you are going to make such statements then you need to back up the accusations you make with credible examples.

Fair play to Shamrocks making the two finals. I know people in the club are only too well aware that senior B is in reality the intermediate grade of old but it is still never the less a good achievement despite what you may think. It would be great to see them back as strong as they were in the noughties. They will struggle against a good Ballinamere team in the final but hopefully progress is being made.

Shamrocks in particular have always had a good number of the same players involved in both codes. Playing football one week and hurling the next is very challenging. Obviously a huge disadvantage against clubs who are largely concentrating on one code. Your own club concentrate on hurling and so don't face the challenges clubs like Shamrocks and Ballinamere/Durrow for example do. Look at Ferbane/Belmont, an excellent example of club doing really great things to remain strong in both codes. It is not easy for dual clubs.

Your comments are very ignorant and you obviously have a chip on your shoulder over something.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

I never once said anything about the performance level if they are winning they must be doing something right...what I commented on was there behaviour if u rread it properly!!
They always seem to be involved in "mouthing" on the field and off it and I suppose would seem dirty if thats the right term for it!...I would say there discipline record isn't great!

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

greenairfield wrote:I never once said anything about the performance level if they are winning they must be doing something right...what I commented on was there behaviour if u rread it properly!!
They always seem to be involved in "mouthing" on the field and off it and I suppose would seem dirty if thats the right term for it!...I would say there discipline record isn't great!
can you back up your accusations with credible examples about the on and off the field behaviour. sounds like you are out purely to discredit them.

you should cop yourself on before you start throwing out such rubbish.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

They have more red cards than any other club over the last 5 years

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

yeah?

Have you facts and figures? would be interested to see these..

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

greenairfield wrote:They have more red cards than any other club over the last 5 years
We are still waiting for you to backup your comments on your accusation about "mouthing" on and off the field. No sign of anything forthcoming. For a lad who has a major issue with games played in Tullamore I would be very interested in how many games you have attended involving the club. Maybe on a bar stool in Birr, you heard a rumour of this that or the other.

Now you mention red cards. Can you provide us with the actual stats on that to prove the club has an unusually large number?

Your time might be better spent in going to watch Shamrocks and Ballinamere instead of trying to discredit good clubs who are actually trying to keep both codes going.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

I have seen them play various times over the last couple of years and there is a level of foul play from players, if you want to go off facts I will just pick the sub they brought on v Drumcullen this year all he wanted to do was fight with lads, the mouthing came from the stand that day cant remember exactly what they but serious amount of abuse was thrown at the ref.

I do not have the facts but I can safely say they are up there with the poorest discipline records in Offaly....

This has noting to do with Tullamore or B/D I think they are quite different the way they behave toward Shamrocks.

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

greenairfield wrote:I have seen them play various times over the last couple of years and there is a level of foul play from players, if you want to go off facts I will just pick the sub they brought on v Drumcullen this year all he wanted to do was fight with lads, the mouthing came from the stand that day cant remember exactly what they but serious amount of abuse was thrown at the ref.

I do not have the facts but I can safely say they are up there with the poorest discipline records in Offaly....

This has noting to do with Tullamore or B/D I think they are quite different the way they behave toward Shamrocks.
So you admit you have no facts to substantiate any of the accusations you have directed at that club. Your comments are both wreckless and without any credibility.

Good luck to both clubs in the final in O' Connor Park Tullamore this weekend.

Superstar
Junior B
Club: Shamrocks

Post by Superstar »

greenairfield wrote:I have seen them play various times over the last couple of years and there is a level of foul play from players, if you want to go off facts I will just pick the sub they brought on v Drumcullen this year all he wanted to do was fight with lads, the mouthing came from the stand that day cant remember exactly what they but serious amount of abuse was thrown at the ref.

On a day when a Drumcullen official assaulted a Shamrocks umpire who was doing a voluntary job for an incompetent referee who couldn’t bring his own officials? Or the same day Paddy Kirwan sent on two players wearing the same number to try and delay the game? Yet it was Shamrocks who crossed the line?

King Kev
Intermediate

Post by King Kev »

The "incompetent" referee that your talking about was called at the last minute to officiate that Shamrocks v Drumcullen game. Which was the reason he had no officials with him on the day.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Other than the second half and extra time of Shamrocks’ win over Drumcullen, I haven’t seen either finalist in recent weeks. Ballinamere look to be scoring more freely, with tallies of 0-20, 4-21, 2-21 and 0-19 in their last four games. Shamrocks, in contrast, have hit 2-10, 1-14, 1-14, 0-17 (in normal time against Drumcullen) and 2-11 in the same time span.

David O’Toole, if ruled out, would be a massive loss. Johnny O’Toole looked dangerous against Drumcullen, but Ballinamere look to have more scoring potential.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

o toole and mooney would appear to be out. two county men so yes definately wont help matters. Ballinamere durrow to be fair have been impressive and maybe lost bit of focus late in the semi to take the gloss off a pretty comfortable display.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Well done to ballinamere, good win. I feel they would do better at senior A than shamrocks.

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

Difficult to say too much about the game, Ballinamere didnt hurl well but got a spell together in the second half to go 2 ahead after being that down before half time. I think Shamrocks keeper got a hurl to a definite goal and i thought that might have been the turning point as Shamrocks got a goal soon after. Even with the minute or 2 left it was anyones game but Ballinamere drove on and i think deserved it.

Shamrocks will be left to rue a couple of easy frees (65s) that were put wide, there was one just before half time that hit the post and went wide which would have put it a 3 point game.

Think Ballinamere are going to struggle next year, they have a young team so for many of this team it was the first senior silverware won to add to a list.

On a separate note it was a tough but clean fair, only seen one dirty stroke and he got a yellow which could have been different. A shamrocks supporter beside us at the end said to his colleague we did well not to get sent off for a change!!

Thought 15 euro was a bit steep for a single senior B final, big crowd in.