Senior A hurling 2018

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Sean Robbins winners 2018

Kilcormac Killoughey
27%
St.Rynaghs
36%
Ferbane
12%
Clareen
6%
Birr
3%
Shinrone
9%
Kinnitty
3%
Coolderry
3%

Total votes: 33

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Re: Senior A hurling 2018

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

No offence intended at all and I've no issues with KIlloughey, Mount Bolus or the Blue Ball or anywhere else, it just rolls off the tongue and it's less characters to type!
allstar2010 wrote:Just curious POTH why do you to like to refer to KK as Kilcormac? Do you have something against the Killoughey side of the parish :D not getting at you at all, just wondering! I noted you referred to BK as Ballyskenagh Killavilla.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Kk are some team. 1-4 to 0 after ten minutes. Shinrone hurling great stuff. No panic, no shouting, reeled them in and won. Really are a super team. Shinrone looked really good and could have been 12 points up as they missed goal chances early on. Need to go more direct for longer periods during the match. Too much handpassing in the middle third from 10th minute onwards.

shannonbanks14
County player

Post by shannonbanks14 »

Shinrone threw it away as per usual, to many wides and going for goal when points were on in second half so more to do wuth them floppin than KK performin. KK nothin special, route 1 with Healion paid off in second half but they have 3 or 4 passengers on their team and not gonna win co final.

chimbonda
County player

Post by chimbonda »

Agree shinrone threw this away- for all their talent they cannot see out a game and panicked once kk began to eat into their lead... work rate from shinrone forwards was very poor throughout and they relied on scores from distance throughout... at the same time I wouldn't rule kk out as they will only get stronger as the year goes on...

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Saw kk against Birr also. Same thing. 1 -3 to 0 down, no panic. Reeled them in. Sign of a really good team. Cant understand why teams dont go direct in club hurling. Forwards get loads of ball, defenders under a lot of pressure.

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

You’re an awful bitter man shannonbanks14 towards KK :D You really can’t give them credit and hate to see them win. Its so obvious it’s unreal :D the 3 county final defeats to them still hurting bad??

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Birr 0-18
Rynaghs 0-17

Few lad's on here were were off the mark on this one....If Rynaghs are favourites for Sean Robbins what does that make Birr?

Great win badly needed if birr hurled like that the whole time they would be favourites to win the county title.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

greenairfield wrote:Birr 0-18
Rynaghs 0-17

Few lad's on here were were off the mark on this one....If Rynaghs are favourites for Sean Robbins what does that make Birr?

Great win badly needed if birr hurled like that the whole time they would be favourites to win the county title.
On the other hand, Rynagh’s didn’t hurl. But the championship has started to become increasingly interesting.
Good Luck

shannonbanks14
County player

Post by shannonbanks14 »

allstar2010 wrote:You’re an awful bitter man shannonbanks14 towards KK :D You really can’t give them credit and hate to see them win. Its so obvious it’s unreal :D the 3 county final defeats to them still hurting bad??
Nah your wrong Pal. Kk deserved 3 county final wins, wer'e talkin about the present here not the past. Shinrone should have been out of sight at half time last night and kk hung in cos they were let.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Saying a team didn't hurl is a cop out they were not let hurl you mean

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

follow the club hurling a lot be it don't go to many matches, this years championship is so up and down, Birr were written off by anyone who supposedly knew all about hurling (I never thought Birr had fallen that far behind, their great teams may be gone, but Birr will always be there or there about) KK are blowing hot and cold, are they saving themselves for the knockout stages??..don't know..Coolderry are the best team in it a glance..they are winning, scoring well, concdeding little (they were supposedly "at nothing" also before the start of the championship, Shinrone/Belmont are of similar rank, Belmont have the dual players, I don't know, its only club not county dual, can it be so difficult if you are fit and good at both to play both at club level..I think Shinrone just might be that little bit more stable than Belmont..Clareen and Kinnity will, I think remain at bottom to play off relegation after the last round of games, Cooderry and KK to go through to semis' Rynaghs, Birr, Belmont and Shinrone for Semi's..is that open draw then or what, I assume so..

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

that should read Birr, Rynaghs, Shinrone & Belmont for quarter finals...

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

It appears that the fixtures secretary is giving his club an unfair advantage over Coolderry, Rynagh’s, Birr, Shinrone and Belmont(possibly Clareen) by fixing KK’s game in O’Connor Park.
I hope that this can be rectified, because quite frankly, bringing KK and Kinnitty to OCP is bullsh*t.

It may also be an unfair advantage for Kinnitty, if the relegation battle is played there.

I think that this may affect a senior B clash as well.
Good Luck

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Think all clubs have played in OCP enough for it not to matter.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

ridiculous fixture..that new man over fixtures was he pulled in off the street?