Senior A hurling 2018

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Sean Robbins winners 2018

Kilcormac Killoughey
27%
St.Rynaghs
36%
Ferbane
12%
Clareen
6%
Birr
3%
Shinrone
9%
Kinnitty
3%
Coolderry
3%

Total votes: 33

LooseCannon
All Star

Re: Senior A hurling 2018

Post by LooseCannon »

DoingUntold wrote:Is Kinsella injured?

Is he gone for long?

Also, i seen Currams went off injured yesterday, any update on him?
His finger or thumb was heavily strapped.

Currams went down twice. Upon hitting the deck the second time, he was hauled off. It appeared to be a knee injury.
Good Luck

shannonbanks14
County player

Post by shannonbanks14 »

Currams be big loss especially for club if gone. Poor standard hurling all in all this weekend. Kevin Martin wont have found any hidden talent out there. Bit of a speed wobble by Rynaghs but will be different story later in the year. Will still end up in co final probably against kk , and definitely owe them one after such a poor performance in final against them last yr.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

I was talking to a Kinnitty supporter at the match on Sunday and he told me that Kinnitty used 19 players against Belmont in the Q-Final last year. And of that 19, 6 were unavailable for Sunday’s game due to injury or retirement. I presume a small club would find it nigh on impossible to adequately replace 6 senior hurlers in one year. If they dont get some, if not all of those guys pack they’ll more than likely be relegated.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

frankthetank wrote:I was talking to a Kinnitty supporter at the match on Sunday and he told me that Kinnitty used 19 players against Belmont in the Q-Final last year. And of that 19, 6 were unavailable for Sunday’s game due to injury or retirement. I presume a small club would find it nigh on impossible to adequately replace 6 senior hurlers in one year. If they dont get some, if not all of those guys pack they’ll more than likely be relegated.
Very hard on them, but when push comes to shove, I think that they’ll survive. If that was round 4 or 5 and Kinnitty were pointless, I guarantee you that Kinsella would be playing.

It’s not just Kinnitty that are low on numbers either. Was chatting a Lusmagh man recently. He said that they’re packing in their second team. They simply don’t have the numbers. 23 or 24 lads on their panel he told me, I suppose a similar situation in many clubs. He said that they mightn’t field in football, but instead anyone who wants to kick ball can do so with St Rynaghs.

Similar can be seen in football. Doon can’t field a second team this year, and Shannonbridge haven’t had one this few years.
Rural clubs are dying, unfortunately. Something must be done ASAP to try and keep the clubs that are tight on numbers on the go. One idea would be the disbandment of St Manchans, with the return of Ballycumber-Tubber and DER Gaels, in order to maximise participation in them four predominantly rural clubs.
Oh, I just realised that this is the senior hurling thread. Oh well.
Good Luck

chimbonda
County player

Post by chimbonda »

Only got to the 2 games on Sunday.

Belmont v kinnity
Kinnity were very poor and missed kinsella big time. Belmont seem to have improved on last year and won't fear anyone they face. Oisin Kelly was man of the match

Birr v Shinrone
Was impressed with birr who out fought shinrone all over the field with Paul Cleary Sean Ryan and Emmett Nolan all hurling well. Shinrone lacked leaders with mark morkan and Sean Cleary the only 2 to get the better of their men. Sean Cleary still has lots to offer offaly in my opinion and would be good to see Emmett Nolan back in there too

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Predictions for the weekend ?

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Seir Kieran
St Rynaghs
Belmont
Birr

chimbonda
County player

Post by chimbonda »

Seir Kieran to beat coolderry by 5 pts
Birr to beat kinnity by 6 pts
Rynaghs to beat shinrone by 4 pts
Belmont v KK - draw

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Seir Kieran-Coolderry Seir Kieran by 6
Birr-Kinnitty Birr by 4
St Rynaghs-Shinrone St Rynaghs by 6
Belmont-KK KK by 5
Good Luck

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Clareen v Coolderry - Clareen by 8+
I just think while Coolderry drew with k/k they are still a weakened team towards a few years ago and Clareen probably have a number of forwards who can expose there backs.

Birr V Kinnitty - Birr by 5
I think if Birr go out and get at them early this could turn into a big victory but with a few lads back from injury for Kinnitty you never know.

St. Rynaghs v Shinrone - St.Rynaghs by 4
Both teams were poor in the firstop round. But you would imagine Rynaghs would start to improve.

Belmont v k/k - k/k by 3
I still think Belmont have too many players who aren't up to it when it comes to it against better teams.

shannonbanks14
County player

Post by shannonbanks14 »

Coolderry by 2
Birr by 5
Rynaghs by 10
Belmont by 2

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

shannonbanks14 wrote:Coolderry by 2
Birr by 5
Rynaghs by 10
Belmont by 2
I have to say you genuinely are a total fucking DICKHEAD. You and your ilk are the reason every club in Offaly hate St Rynaghs.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

frankthetank wrote:
shannonbanks14 wrote:Coolderry by 2
Birr by 5
Rynaghs by 10
Belmont by 2
I have to say you genuinely are a total fucking DICKHEAD. You and your ilk are the reason every club in Offaly hate St Rynaghs.
I don’t hate Rynaghs. I could see Rynaghs winning by that margin if they play near their best. Plus, if he’s backing Belmont to win, then he’s hardly that much of a ********. The Coolderry prediction appears to be obscure, however when it’s a local derby, anything can happen.
Good Luck

shannonbanks14
County player

Post by shannonbanks14 »

You stay classy Frank, your comments say it all about you. Rynas were poor the first day, and in fairness Clareen played well, but there has to be a reaction this weekend. Shinrone were v poor and are lacking depth and steel. Coolderry have a few scoring frwds. Kk were v poor against them and Currams is always a massive loss to them, hence Belmont, and god knows its only an opinion, same as everyone is entitled to give, be it right or wrong. One way or the other, more important stuff happenin in the world.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Your posts about St Rynagh's are nauseating to be quite honest.