2018 NFL

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Doon Exile
All Star

Re: 2018 NFL

Post by Doon Exile »

Is the game even on?

It’s not on the fixtures on hogan stand.
Doon exile....

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Doon Exile wrote:Is the game even on?

It’s not on the fixtures on hogan stand.
Yes, currently winning 1-11 to 9 points.
10 mins left. Not on Wexford radio either. :cry:
Good Luck

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Good win. They last 3 games were always going to be cup finals!

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

I heard two results given today.
Offaly 1-15 Wexford 1-10 Mids 103

Offaly 1-13. Wexford 1-10 Rte Radio 1

Match report Hogan Stand
Offaly 1-11 Wexford 1-9 ' 10 minutes left. Offaly added 4 points, to 1for Wexford confirms Mids 103 score line

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

SearingDrive wrote:I heard two results given today.

Match report Hogan Stand
Offaly 1-11 Wexford 1-9 ' 10 minutes left. Offaly added 4 points, to 1for Wexford confirms Mids 103 score line
Offaly GAA Twitter:
@AllianzIreland
Full Time
@Offaly 1-13
@OfficialWexGAA 1-10

Radio 3 weren’t even covering the game, to my anger. Very disappointing. I guarantee you that they’ll have someone in Ruislip tomorrow for Leix’s game.
Good Luck

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

LooseCannon wrote:

Match report Hogan Stand
Offaly GAA Twitter:
@AllianzIreland
Full Time
@Offaly 1-13
@OfficialWexGAA 1-10

Radio 3 weren’t even covering the game, to my anger. Very disappointing. I guarantee you that they’ll have someone in Ruislip tomorrow for Leix’s game.
They had a reporter at the game. I heard the result on the afternoon show, 2-5 pm. Tweeted by Mary Dunne.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

SearingDrive wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:

Match report Hogan Stand
Offaly GAA Twitter:
@AllianzIreland
Full Time
@Offaly 1-13
@OfficialWexGAA 1-10

They had a reporter at the game. I heard the result on the afternoon show, 2-5 pm. Tweeted by Mary Dunne.
I listened for 5-10 mins in the second half and nothing was mentioned about the game. Just atrocious music.
Good Luck

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

RTE TV news at 6pm had 1-13 to 1-11. So there's a third scoreline!

The Irish Times has a report on the match online, listing the scorers, and states 1-13 to 1-10.

Match report Hogan Stand
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:RTE TV news at 6pm had 1-13 to 1-11. So there's a third scoreline!

The Irish Times has a report on the match online, listing the scorers, and states 1-13 to 1-10.

Match report Hogan Stand
A win is a win, although it may go down to score difference, in which case, we’re more than likely goosed.
Good Luck

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

LooseCannon wrote:
SearingDrive wrote: They had a reporter at the game. I heard the result on the afternoon show, 2-5 pm. Tweeted by Mary Dunne.
I listened for 5-10 mins in the second half and nothing was mentioned about the game. Just atrocious music.
I'm neither defending nor criticising, merely pointing out the facts, when I say that there was a reporter at the game, and they couldn't seem to get through to him. I was working myself at the Marist Leinster colleges final and I know that they were scheduled to take a series of updates from the Offaly game, as they did from yours truly earlier. However I agree it didn't happen, because I was in the car looking for updates myself.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Can confirm today's scoreline was
1-13 to 1-10

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Lone Shark wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:
SearingDrive wrote: They had a reporter at the game. I heard the result on the afternoon show, 2-5 pm. Tweeted by Mary Dunne.
I'm neither defending nor criticising, merely pointing out the facts, when I say that there was a reporter at the game, and they couldn't seem to get through to him. I was working myself at the Marist Leinster colleges final and I know that they were scheduled to take a series of updates from the Offaly game, as they did from yours truly earlier. However I agree it didn't happen, because I was in the car looking for updates myself.
If they couldn’t get through fair enough. I just prefer listening to action than frantically swiping up and down on a phone.
Good Luck

feirmeoir
Intermediate

Post by feirmeoir »

Sligo drew today and now have 3 points, who else have Sligo to play (other than Offaly),

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

feirmeoir wrote:Sligo drew today and now have 3 points, who else have Sligo to play (other than Offaly),
Derry.
At home.
Good Luck

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Longford and Sligo drawing adds a slight complication.

Offaly still have to draw with, or beat Sligo to avoid relegation. Derry play Wexford next weekend and would be expected to win.
That would leave the table:

Derry - 4
Offaly – 4
Sligo – 3
Wexford -0

Offaly’s head to head against Derry puts them at a disadvantage. Derry are happy to finish level with Offaly in two-way tie scenario. Even in a 3 way tie situation, Offaly’s points difference is weak.

Sligo play Derry on the last day. If Derry believed they were already safe, they could phone it in and let Sligo move to 5 points with a win. Offaly would then have to get a result (draw or better) in Dunnes Stores Park. Luckily Derry can’t be certain that Offaly won’t get a result in Mullingar. So they will feel they need to perform against Sligo. Derry winning here would be the cleanest way for Offaly to stay up.

A few scenarios:
  • - If Offaly lose to Sligo, Offaly are relegated
  • - Offaly beat Sligo and Westmeath, Offaly are safe
  • - If Offaly beat Sligo and lose to Westmeath, the following possibilities occur.
1) If Wexford suddenly resurge and win their last 2 games against Derry and Armagh. Offaly would be in inferior points difference bother in the scenario of Derry, Offaly Wexford finishing on 4 points - Offaly relegated
2) Sligo beat Derry, after Derry beating Wexford. - Offaly relegated
3) Derry beat or draw with Sligo - Sligo relegated

There are the possibilities of Offaly draws, but that would take another couple of pages to work out.