2018 NHL

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Re: 2018 NHL

Post by greenairfield »

Its in Birr...why wouldn't it be?

Your hurler must not be with it!

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

greenairfield wrote:Its in Birr...why wouldn't it be?

Your hurler must not be with it!
I was doubting whether to put it up or not.
Will I give ye a clue as to who it is?
Good Luck

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Preferably not (personally speaking). Offaly don't need the distraction.

This is about Sunday 2.30pm, about taking another step, about keeping momentum, about the hurlers finding out more about themselves, about Offaly v2018's development.

But that's just a personal viewpoint. Make it about yereselves if ye must.

To keep ye focussed, have a look at Antrim's results in the last month (with the exception of the Limerick one). Then have a look at Antrim's record in Birr.
LooseCannon wrote:I was doubting whether to put it up or not.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Preferably not (personally speaking). Offaly don't need the distraction.

This is about Sunday 2.30pm, about taking another step, about keeping momentum, about the hurlers finding out more about themselves, about Offaly v2018's development.

But that's just a personal viewpoint. Make it about yereselves if ye must.

To keep ye focussed, have a look at Antrim's results in the last month (with the exception of the Limerick one). Then have a look at Antrim's record in Birr.
LooseCannon wrote:I was doubting whether to put it up or not.
Don’t worry, was going to have such an open-ended clue that it could have been one of 10-12 people.
I’d never intentionally (while sober :wink: ) put someone’s name out there like that.
Good Luck

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

I don't think the results matters....We are through anyway, we need to see as many players on the panel as we can they should all play Sunday.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Am I right in saying that regardless of the result on Sunday we are locked into 3rd place?

If this is the case, I'd be using the game to give the fringe panel members who didn't see much game time so far a decent amount of minutes.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

frankthetank wrote:Am I right in saying that regardless of the result on Sunday we are locked into 3rd place?

If this is the case, I'd be using the game to give the fringe panel members who didn't see much game time so far a decent amount of minutes.
Yes, can get level on points with either Galway or Limerick, but head to head would come into play.
Similarly, Dublin or Leix could get level on points with us, but the same would apply.
Good Luck

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Yes anyone that hasnt played should be given game time.

No need to look at the same players again we know what they can do.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

greenairfield wrote:Yes anyone that hasnt played should be given game time.

No need to look at the same players again we know what they can do.
Would like to see Hughes and P Geraghty get a start especially, I think that they’re the only two that have been listed in a match day 26 that haven’t got game time so far.
Good Luck

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

I think at present we have the luxury to put a full second string team. I don’t know how close to fitness any of these players are but I’d hope to see them on the panel for Sunday. Sean Ryan, Enda Grogan and Podge Guinan are back training at the moment and Brendan Murphy was brought in. I’m sure we’ll see Ciaran Cleary, James Gorman, Liam Langton, Peter Geraghty, Dermot Shortt, Ronan Hughes all get a start. It’ll be interesting to see how they mix and match it then by going full second string or 50-50 with starters and fringe players. Looking forward to it now.

DoingUntold
Senior
Club: St Rynaghs

Post by DoingUntold »

Has anyone walked or dropped from the panel?
I know conor Clancy has walked, Derek Molloy , Del Morkam?

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

LooseCannon wrote:
Yes, can get level on points with either Galway or Limerick, but head to head would come into play.
Similarly, Dublin or Leix could get level on points with us, but the same would apply.
Explain how we can get level on points with either Limerick or Galway??

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

DoingUntold wrote:Has anyone walked or dropped from the panel?
I know conor Clancy has walked, Derek Molloy , Del Morkam?
Clancy and Morkan have walked. Has Molloy gone too? I saw him with the team at the Laois game.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

allstar2010 wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:
Explain how we can get level on points with either Limerick or Galway??
Apologies, I made a mistake. Brainfart on my behalf. I should’ve (a) known, and (b) double-checked.
I don’t know what made me think that we were only two points off either of them.
Was never the greatest at maths, but that was simply unacceptable by me. :cry: :cry:
Good Luck

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

[/quote].It was a good win on Sunday.
Bergin and Dooley work hard in the full forward line for 55 mins. that the basic of the game. The score they get are an add on but they must put in the hard work to get on the team.
Big Well done to the lads for the pressure they put on the Laois backs. That the minimum we want from them.
The whole team took some fine points. Wasted a few goals chances.
But overall have to be happy with what we seen.
Laois are a whole year ahead of us in development. Just how good could this Offaly team be?

Really impressed with Gardiner Leadership in the last 15 mins. Was given direction and getting the lads into positions. Talking to the half back line and midfield. good to see.
The half forward line. Work wise we're great. There stick work will get better as the weather improve.

The next day is a chance to for Players to put up there hand and say I'm good enough to be on the Team.
If to See Clancy get a chance in Goal and maybe Cahill Corner forward. [/quote].

Wrote that last week but didn't get to post it.
Really disappointed to see Conor Clancy is gone. He a fine goalkeeper. I though he get a game next sunday.
Morkan is a loss as well. It a pity cause he a great leader and a great servant to the county.

Looking forward to the game on Sunday.
“Common sense is not so common.”