Offaly Schools

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Pop76687
Junior B

Offaly Schools

Post by Pop76687 »

I see that Offaly Schools have entered a combined team in the Leinster Colleges A Championship (Football). They play Dundalk Schools on Saturday....does anyone know what schools are making up this? I saw that St. Mel's got beaten by 41 points in this competition during the week!

LooseCannon
All Star

Re: Offaly Schools

Post by LooseCannon »

Well done to the Offaly combined schools’ team on fantastic win over Dundalk schools’, winning on a scorline of 2-8 to 0-10.
Good Luck

substandard
All Star
Club: Shamrocks

Post by substandard »

Good win, showed great workrate and composure to see the game out. Plenty of room for improvement, but with the right application, they could progress further. Difficult squad to assemble as lads have a lot of commitments already, but over time this could be a very beneficial stepping stone for players with aspirations to play at u20 and maybe senior down the line.
Given it's the first time, lads could be forgiven for being dubious about taking part, but if a team could be successful, playing at A colleges level would have to help improve their all-round game, and the carrot of potentially winning a Leinster A title would surely be a great incentive: to be part of the first Offaly Combined Schools team to do so would be even more so.

substandard
All Star
Club: Shamrocks

Post by substandard »

Good win today vs Louth Schools. Semi-final next vs Marist Athlone.

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

Anyone know how things are looking ahead of this semi final on Saturday?

I wonder will Cian Johnson be pulled from this game Saturday because of the refixed Derry game now on Sunday?

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

NewEra wrote:Anyone know how things are looking ahead of this semi final on Saturday?

I wonder will Cian Johnson be pulled from this game Saturday because of the refixed Derry game now on Sunday?
From Pat Nolan on Twitter

https://t.co/A80teYjqpm
Good Luck

feirmeoir
Intermediate

Post by feirmeoir »

Was at the match Offaly could have winning. Had 2 sent off. Also won frees at 2 key times in second half were disciplined and ref threw ball up and Marist won throw up twice