Club Managements 2018

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
LooseCannon
All Star

Club Managements 2018

Post by LooseCannon »

Edenderry have Brady back

https://t.co/Ik7EJgULSd
Rhode have joint managers: Jack Cooney and Declan Gorman

Any other managements? Hurling or Football
Good Luck

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Re: Club Managements 2018

Post by Buttons »

I see two previous managers are back with club teams, Pat Flanagan with Pearses from Roscommon and Emmet McDonnell with Athlone.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Coolderry GAA Twitter: 2018 Senior Management.
Trainer Joachim Kelly
Selectors Mick Murray, Dessie Teehan and Seamus Kennedy. The club wishes all players and mentors all the best for 2018! #believe #culdoire
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

http://www.offtheball.com/podcasts/GAA_ ... ub_Success

Interesting...
Any other club managements names?
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

We are delighted to announce Jack Kilmurray has been ratified as our Club Manager for 2018. A big welcome to him from all committee members, players & supporters. Harps Abu @HarpsClonmore-Twitter

Other clubs?
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

So have we got a breakdown of club managements:

Birr: Gerry Spellman
Belmont: Trevor Fletcher
Kilcormac / Killoughey: Stephen Byrne
St Rynagh's: Adrian Clancy
Shinrone: Arien Delaney
Kinnitty: Ger Coughlan
Coolderry: Joachim Kelly
Seir Kieran: ???

Courtesy-Frankthetank - Senior A Hurling thread.

Anything on the big ball front?
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

There’s a round up of club football managements in the Tribune tomorrow.
Good Luck

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Is it just me or does the football get way more incisive overage than hurling in the Tribune?

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

frankthetank wrote:Is it just me or does the football get way more incisive overage than hurling in the Tribune?
I don’t know, as a whole I can take or leave the Tribune. Get it mainly for the sport, as most of the general news would be on radio 3. Some weeks it’s excellent, other weeks it’s empty. Over the transience of time, reporters views on things change, but overall it’s worth getting.

I don’t think that it’s deliberate on their part (the more incisive coverage on football), whether we like it or not there’s a bit of a divide between the football and hurling people, to an extent. I personally have an avid interest in both codes, and would be friendly with people in the know in both codes.

I’m not saying a hate, just a lack of interest in the other code. I didn’t mention areas either, because there’s no borders within our county, as Duignan alluded to on twitter.
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Some of the football managements.

Apologies for the size of them.
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

That’s all folks!
Good Luck

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

Late in the day not to have management teams in place for Raheen, Rynaghs, Walsh Island and Brigids

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

NewEra wrote:Late in the day not to have management teams in place for Raheen, Rynaghs, Walsh Island and Brigids
The Rynaghs football job is a bit of a poisoned chalice, unfortunately, as one of the Rynaghs lads on this said, it’s a dual club in name only. There was talks of them regrading, thank God that’s not the case. Hopefully the football and hurling can work harmoniously.

The 3 of Raheen, Walsh Island and St Brigids were probably the three poorest senior B teams last year.
I’d imagine that with no dual commitments, apart from maybe a couple from Raheen that may hurl with Clodiagh Gaels, that there’s nothing stopping them from reaching their respective potential, come the business end of the championship.
Good Luck

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

LooseCannon wrote:
NewEra wrote:Late in the day not to have management teams in place for Raheen, Rynaghs, Walsh Island and Brigids
The Rynaghs football job is a bit of a poisoned chalice, unfortunately, as one of the Rynaghs lads on this said, it’s a dual club in name only. There was talks of them regrading, thank God that’s not the case. Hopefully the football and hurling can work harmoniously.

The 3 of Raheen, Walsh Island and St Brigids were probably the three poorest senior B teams last year.
I’d imagine that with no dual commitments, apart from maybe a couple from Raheen that may hurl with Clodiagh Gaels, that there’s nothing stopping them from reaching their respective potential, come the business end of the championship.
I would take issue with your statement on rynaghs. Dual players very much split their training commitments during the busy round robin stages. They are afforded every chance to play both codes. Even last year a number of the Senior hurlers lined out for the junior c football team. Players could just as easily get injured at that level, but no one stood in their way.
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

joe bloggs wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:

I would take issue with your statement on rynaghs. Dual players very much split their training commitments during the busy round robin stages. They are afforded every chance to play both codes. Even last year a number of the Senior hurlers lined out for the junior c football team. Players could just as easily get injured at that level, but no one stood in their way.
I’m by no means doubting the opportunities afforded to them, just from what I hear, it would be difficult for the footballers to succeed as the primary focus is on the Hurling. This frustration is vented by Rynaghs people themselves that I’d be friendly with.
Good Luck