Offaly Senior Squad 2018

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
LooseCannon
All Star

Re: Offaly Senior Squad 2018

Post by LooseCannon »

kaiserchief wrote:My understanding is that Kevin Martin brought Kelly and McCabe with him one evening to make up numbers to play 15 versus 15.. They weren't on the panel just assisting, which they deserve a lot of credit for..

I was at a few sessions over the years in Belmont when I seen 10 lads injured on the line and 12 v 12 on the field.. everyone looked like heroes on the field because they had so much time and space..

Whats the story with Sean Ryan and Emett Nolan? Are they on the panel this year? Also taught Mullrooney and Brendan Murphy would get a call up.
Ryan had a very near miss with his eye. He’s on the panel. Could be a few weeks.
Emmett Nolan taking a break for now. He’s trying to get his company (RequestIt) motoring.

Don’t know about the other two.
Anyone know how Derek Molloy is getting on?
I’ll never forget his fortunate, long-range goal v Wexico in the league final.
Good Luck

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

I hear Molloy is still with the panel but is still only in the gym doing a lot of repair work and trying to loose the weight.

Martin was honest in his interview when he said he doesn't know if he will make it, he is giving his all but has a long way to go.

That was a horrific injury he got against Waterford. I was at the Shamrocks v Coolderry game two years ago when he started at 14.. Looked very unfit.. Be interesting to see how he gets on.. Hopefully his efforts won't be wasted and he gets some action soon.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Ryan is out injured will probably miss a bit of the league. Nolan or Murphy didn't go in with the panel. Not sure about Mulrooney or Harding whether they were asked or not.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

greenairfield wrote:I ment Callaghan sorry about the typo most lads would of known that...apologises.

Kelly, Egan and Mccabe
That's alright green. We can all have an off day. What is the story with Cilian Kiely, is he on the panel?