Offaly Senior Squad 2018

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Mrbrightside
Junior A
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:03 pm

Offaly Senior Squad 2018

Post by Mrbrightside » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:17 pm

A lot of big names and young stars not named on offaly panel for match against Westmeath last Saturday. Could anyone shed some light on whether they are with squad/injured/called in but didn't go/ not called in etc.
Anyone with other suggestions aswell please let us know
Gazza Kelly, Aidan Treacy, Joey O Connor, Sean Dolan (Rynaghs)
Cillian Kiely, Enda Grogan (Kilcormac)
Conor Doughan, Michael Cleary, Sean Cleary, Adrian Cleary, JP Cleary (Shinrone)
Adrian Hynes, Joe Bergin, Kevin Dunne, Tom Carroll, Barry Kealey (Seir Kieran)
Will Malone, Kevin Connolly, Barry Tehran (Coolderry)
Joey Keenaghan, Dwayne Dunne (Clodiagh Gaels)
Paddy Murphy, Gerry Spollen (Ballinamere)
Andrew Flynn, Eimhin Kelly, Niall Duffy (Lusmagh)
Craig Taylor, Barry Harding (Birr)
David Cox, David Nally, David Kenny (Belmont)
Nigel Dunne, Johnny O Toole-Greene (Shamrocks)
Paudge Guinan (Drumcullen)
Conor Freeman (Carrig)
Eoghan Callaghan, Paddy Delaney, Shane Kinsella (Kinnitty)

LooseCannon
All Star
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Club: Coppers

Re: Offaly Senior Squad 2018

Post by LooseCannon » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:53 pm

Mrbrightside wrote:A lot of big names and young stars not named on offaly panel for match against Westmeath last Saturday. Could anyone shed some light on whether they are with squad/injured/called in but didn't go/ not called in etc.
Anyone with other suggestions aswell please let us know
Gazza Kelly, Aidan Treacy, Joey O Connor, Sean Dolan (Rynaghs)
Cillian Kiely, Enda Grogan (Kilcormac)
Conor Doughan, Michael Cleary, Sean Cleary, Adrian Cleary, JP Cleary (Shinrone)
Adrian Hynes, Joe Bergin, Kevin Dunne, Tom Carroll, Barry Kealey (Seir Kieran)
Will Malone, Kevin Connolly, Barry Tehran (Coolderry)
Joey Keenaghan, Dwayne Dunne (Clodiagh Gaels)
Paddy Murphy, Gerry Spollen (Ballinamere)
Andrew Flynn, Eimhin Kelly, Niall Duffy (Lusmagh)
Craig Taylor, Barry Harding (Birr)
David Cox, David Nally, David Kenny (Belmont)
Nigel Dunne, Johnny O Toole-Greene (Shamrocks)
Paudge Guinan (Drumcullen)
Conor Freeman (Carrig)
Eoghan Callaghan, Paddy Delaney, Shane Kinsella (Kinnitty)
Seán Dolan gone travelling.
Gazza Kelly age?
Anymore Clearys :lol:
Gerry Spollen-Footballers
Nigel Dunne-Footballers
Joey O’Connor-Footballers
"The greatest one in a row in history."

frankthetank
All Star
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:22 am

Re: Offaly Senior Squad 2018

Post by frankthetank » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:18 pm

Sean and Michael Cleary not asked in. Crazy decision

Eoghan Callaghan not asked in.

Barry Kealey not asked in.

Mrbrightside
Junior A
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:03 pm

Re: Offaly Senior Squad 2018

Post by Mrbrightside » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:28 pm

frankthetank wrote:Sean and Michael Cleary not asked in. Crazy decision

Eoghan Callaghan not asked in.

Barry Kealey not asked in.

No offence to Ciaran Cleary, as I'm sure he'd admit himself, that Sean and Michael Cleary are miles ahead of him at this moment in time

frankthetank
All Star
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:22 am

Re: Offaly Senior Squad 2018

Post by frankthetank » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:30 pm

Mrbrightside wrote:
frankthetank wrote:Sean and Michael Cleary not asked in. Crazy decision

Eoghan Callaghan not asked in.

Barry Kealey not asked in.

No offence to Ciaran Cleary, as I'm sure he'd admit himself, that Sean and Michael Cleary are miles ahead of him at this moment in time
Agreed.

In fairness to the chap he didn't turn down the offer when it came along unlike many others.

LooseCannon
All Star
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Club: Coppers

Re: Offaly Senior Squad 2018

Post by LooseCannon » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:34 pm

I think Seán was travelling actually. (Not 100% sure)
"The greatest one in a row in history."

DoingUntold
Intermediate
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:02 pm
Club: St Rynaghs

Re: Offaly Senior Squad 2018

Post by DoingUntold » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:58 am

Have many others turned down the chance to join the panel? Seems to be a lot in their that hasnt been commited in previous years.

greenairfield
All Star
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Club: birr

Re: Offaly Senior Squad 2018

Post by greenairfield » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:05 am

Seen as you have David Kenny you might aswell put in Paul Cleary has been performing better than Kenny and is the same age.

Callanan not asked in and all Kevin martin's buddies in tullamore have been you would have to wonder was he at any games

frankthetank
All Star
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:22 am

Re: Offaly Senior Squad 2018

Post by frankthetank » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:54 pm

That would be a fairly big oversight alright not calling up Seamus Callanan if he was available. Did he fall out with Michael Ryan and transfer to Carrig and Riverstown?

Not calling up Eoghan Callaghan however doesn't have the same air of irresponsibility in my opinion.

greenairfield
All Star
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Club: birr

Re: Offaly Senior Squad 2018

Post by greenairfield » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Good one

SearingDrive
All Star
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: Offaly Senior Squad 2018

Post by SearingDrive » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:52 pm

greenairfield wrote:Seen as you have David Kenny you might aswell put in Paul Cleary has been performing better than Kenny and is the same age.

Callanan not asked in and all Kevin martin's buddies in tullamore have been you would have to wonder was he at any games
Name Kevin Martin's buddies in Tullamore, who were called in to the panel.
Callinan is Loughmore/Castleiny in Tipperary. He hardly transferred to Offaly.

LooseCannon
All Star
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Club: Coppers

Re: Offaly Senior Squad 2018

Post by LooseCannon » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:00 pm

SearingDrive wrote:
greenairfield wrote:Seen as you have David Kenny you might aswell put in Paul Cleary has been performing better than Kenny and is the same age.

Callanan not asked in and all Kevin martin's buddies in tullamore have been you would have to wonder was he at any games
Name Kevin Martin's buddies in Tullamore, who were called in to the panel.
Callinan is Loughmore/Castleiny in Tipperary. He hardly transferred to Offaly.

I’d say he meant Callaghan, not certain though.
"The greatest one in a row in history."

greenairfield
All Star
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Club: birr

Re: Offaly Senior Squad 2018

Post by greenairfield » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:11 pm

I ment Callaghan sorry about the typo most lads would of known that...apologises.

Kelly, Egan and Mccabe

jimbob17
All Star
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:40 am

Re: Offaly Senior Squad 2018

Post by jimbob17 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:45 am

If the guys you mention are Steven Egan and Shane jelly, they are more than good enough to be involved on their own merit - both in previously under different managers and Egan would have been a championship starter when we drew with Galway in late naughties. Don't know the McCabe chap you mention.
jimbob

kaiserchief
All Star
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:09 pm
Club: town

Re: Offaly Senior Squad 2018

Post by kaiserchief » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:48 am

My understanding is that Kevin Martin brought Kelly and McCabe with him one evening to make up numbers to play 15 versus 15.. They weren't on the panel just assisting, which they deserve a lot of credit for..

I was at a few sessions over the years in Belmont when I seen 10 lads injured on the line and 12 v 12 on the field.. everyone looked like heroes on the field because they had so much time and space..

Whats the story with Sean Ryan and Emett Nolan? Are they on the panel this year? Also taught Mullrooney and Brendan Murphy would get a call up.

Post Reply