Ballinamere/ Durrow

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Re: Ballinamere/ Durrow

Post by greenairfield »

Great win for St.Brendans in u21 championship...first county final championship win for the Birr club at any grade since 2007 (crazy)
We are on the way back...great final.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

greenairfield wrote:Great win for St.Brendans in u21 championship...first county final championship win for the Birr club at any grade since 2007 (crazy)
We are on the way back...great final.
Firstly, well done to St Brendan’s
Secondly, rushing to conclusions a bit? (Ye’d C&R and Crinkle with ye)
Thirdly, unfortunately, the programme didn’t have each players’ club underneath them. Just wondering could you tell us the clubs that each player was from?(Just to see what Crinkle and C&R have coming through, not a dig, I’ve no clue of the breakdown)
Fourthly, and lastly, I commend Birr GAA on obtaining grant funding to improve SBP’s playing surface and ‘performance standards.’
Good Luck

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

I did say St.Brendans...not rushing at all we had 8 starters from birr and 2 subs from birr so 10 lads from the club getting success on the playing field which was great. The goalie was from crinkle and the other 6 starters were from carrig.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

greenairfield wrote:I did say St.Brendans...not rushing at all we had 8 starters from birr and 2 subs from birr so 10 lads from the club getting success on the playing field which was great. The goalie was from crinkle and the other 6 starters were from carrig.

From an Offaly perspective it’s great. Particularly 6 lads from C&R. I think I saw a picture on twitter of them.
Mark O’Brien and Freeman were excellent, as was Cormac Kenny off the bench.
There’s 9 C&R in total so there’s 16 between Birr and Crinkle.
Do Crinkle have many on the panel?
Good Luck

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

Thought it was a cracking game of hurling with Birr finishing stronger to see it out. With some super points scored for a neutral it was a good game. I think the football last week seemed to take a lot out of the legs from the ballinamere team.
Would like to know who were the 6 from Carrig on the team.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

May I also add that I’m ashamed that I have spelt Crinkill wrong all my life, thus apologising to any of its natives on this forum.
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Buttons wrote:Thought it was a cracking game of hurling with Birr finishing stronger to see it out. With some super points scored for a neutral it was a good game. I think the football last week seemed to take a lot out of the legs from the ballinamere team.
Would like to know who were the 6 from Carrig on the team.
8 Ryan Hogan
13 Mark O’Brien
20 Mikey Fitzgerald
18 Brendan Hoctor
2 Ross Connaughton
10 Conor Freeman
5 Aidan King
6 Aaron Dolan
There’s another guy wearing a top.
Good Luck

Buttons
All Star

Post by Buttons »

The no6 Aaron held the back line together and caught and cleared some amount of ball

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

O Brien scored 3 outstanding points in the firat half....
On the field today the only one who might have something to offer at County level at the moment would be freeman.
Great win and badly needed.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

How is it that Birr and CRC gaels are their own clubs at every grade but brought together at under 21? Surely CRC gaels should be fielding on their own at the B grade and a town the size of Birr should have a huge pick? CRC have had minor teams coming through for a good while now and should not be joining with Birr to field at 21 grade.

King Kev
Intermediate

Post by King Kev »

Carrig and Riverstown and Crinkill are in the parish of St Brendans as are Birr. Its essentially a parish team. Something similar to Rhode/Croghan forming St Michaels in football. Congrats to St Brendans on there win. Hard luck to Balinamere but they can look back on a hugely successful year in both codes.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

But why at only one grade do two club come together to form one team when both teams have minor teams coming through as stand alone teams? How many players are losing out? They don't join up at any other grade from u8 to adult. So why 21?

King Kev
Intermediate

Post by King Kev »

Before the formation of Crinkle any players from that area always hurled underage and senior with Birr. Im not 100% certain but when Carrig and Riverstown hadnt numbers to field underage teams before the formation of CRC they done the same and played there hurling with Birr. As to why they are still together at u21 level only thats for somebody closer to the set up to answer.

Buttons
All Star

Post by Buttons »

Am nearly sure the durrow lads were playing football for tullamore, they had a couple on the team that won it out.

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

Fair play to St Brendan and Ballinamere on what seemed to be a cracker..

Just wondering if any of these lads from both teams are in on the county panel?

I