Offaly training gear

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Offaly training gear

Postby pigeon house biffo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Just wondering does anyone know of anywhere where you can pick up the offaly training gear? Like the gear the lads would wear pre-match? Have tried colgans and the o neills online and walk in store in walkinstown, if anyone has any idea where you can pick it up it would be appreciated
pigeon house biffo
Junior B
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:49 am

Re: Offaly training gear

Postby LooseCannon » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Tried a while back. Try sportsworld or whatever it's called now. Would be a great idea if training gear was for sale. But knowing the naïvity of our county board, it probably won't happen.
Loose by name, Loose by nature :wink:
User avatar
LooseCannon
County player
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am

Re: Offaly training gear

Postby pigeon house biffo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:03 pm

LooseCannon wrote:Tried a while back. Try sportsworld or whatever it's called now. Would be a great idea if training gear was for sale. But knowing the naïvity of our county board, it probably won't happen.



Thanks for the response! I've tried and all they have is the stuff thats available on the O'neills website which isn't the same as what the lads wear unfortunately. The black and red kit they wore before playing westmeath in championship in the dunnes store carpark two years ago stands out as being particularly eye catching. Our jersey game has fallen away since the '98 vintage which im sure every house in the county had a copy of!
pigeon house biffo
Junior B
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:49 am

Re: Offaly training gear

Postby kaiserchief » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:11 am

traning gear does be a once off order for players only. normally hurlers and footballers get the same training gear in feb or march.
kaiserchief
All Star
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:09 pm

Re: Offaly training gear

Postby LooseCannon » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:13 pm

pigeon house biffo wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:Tried a while back. Try sportsworld or whatever it's called now. Would be a great idea if training gear was for sale. But knowing the naïvity of our county board, it probably won't happen.



Thanks for the response! I've tried and all they have is the stuff thats available on the O'neills website which isn't the same as what the lads wear unfortunately. The black and red kit they wore before playing westmeath in championship in the dunnes store carpark two years ago stands out as being particularly eye catching. Our jersey game has fallen away since the '98 vintage which im sure every house in the county had a copy of!


Ring oneills, tell them that your involved in some way, and you lost it.
Loose by name, Loose by nature :wink:
User avatar
LooseCannon
County player
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am

Re: Offaly training gear

Postby llkj » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:38 am

Training gear is earned, not bought. These guys literally risk their lives to wear that gear and you want to come in and buy it as a gift or something? Or worse still, wear it out on a Saturday night to get the shift? How dare you? How absolute dare you?

If Joe Public gets to wear the same gear as our elite heroes then what is the point in being an inter county player anymore?
llkj
All Star
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:34 am

Re: Offaly training gear

Postby pigeon house biffo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:29 am

https://www.oneills.com/dublin-training ... -2017.html

https://www.oneills.com/armagh-training ... -2017.html

https://www.oneills.com/down-training-jersey-2017.html

https://www.oneills.com/antrim-training ... -2017.html

I think the county board is missing a trick to be honest, the designs are a bit of a break from the norm and other counties seem to have cottoned on to the fact that there is only so much you can do with the playing jerseys in terms of design! At least the training jerseys vary somewhat from year to year, would be a good seller as i'm sure that due to the fact the jersey designs never change too dramatically people are unlikely to have more than one or two county jerseys. But what do i know!
pigeon house biffo
Junior B
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:49 am

Re: Offaly training gear

Postby LooseCannon » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:34 pm

llkj wrote:Training gear is earned, not bought. These guys literally risk their lives to wear that gear and you want to come in and buy it as a gift or something? Or worse still, wear it out on a Saturday night to get the shift? How dare you? How absolute dare you?

If Joe Public gets to wear the same gear as our elite heroes then what is the point in being an inter county player anymore?


I understand that, but maybe have a supporters jersey like Meath had a couple of years back. There should still be player issue only jerseys, however it would make some €€€ if there was some Offaly jersey that wasn't the norm
Loose by name, Loose by nature :wink:
User avatar
LooseCannon
County player
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am

Re: Offaly training gear

Postby biffinbanner » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:44 am

thegaastore.com lots of gear on there at reasonable prices..
biffinbanner
Senior
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: Offaly training gear

Postby biffinbanner » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:46 am

78 offaly products to choose from..
biffinbanner
Senior
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:15 pm


Return to Offaly GAA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 13 guests