County Management Stability

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Looktothefuture
Junior B
Club: Tuber

Re: County Management Stability

Post by Looktothefuture »

http://dlvr.it/PSpYgT

So our county board are lacking basic manners as well as common sense. A new manager not going to change a thing if the county board are involved. Also it's very questionable how people who have no managerial experience decides our intercounty manager. Anyone see a problem with that set up.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

If you usher Flanagan out in such a fashion, don't be surprised that he doesn't go quietly.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Delighted for tommy Byrne and co.....This is only one of the many reasons we will never improve when you have idiots like this running the show.

Is Paul flynn still a hurling coach with offaly hurlers ?hahahaha frauds

biffinbanner
All Star
Club: ferbane

Post by biffinbanner »

reading the article it gave me a sick feeling in my stomach. i thought things had changed some bit.obviously not.i remember players 10 years ago telling me about the problems getting expenses, gear etc and one remarking the people at the tops expenses were always paid on time.its reminded me of the roy keane plane story about the fai top brass in the business class seats and the players squashed in the economy..i know pat flanagan since he captained that u14 offaly team and hes as decent a guy as you would meet and offaly to the core.to treat him in such a manner was dispicable. his teams were v unlucky.from missing out on promotion on scoring difference in 2016 to this years unlucky draw with westmeath.the one thing that surprises me,reading the article, was that he hadnt walked away before he was got rid of..

Truth as i see it
All Star

Post by Truth as i see it »

greenairfield wrote:Delighted for tommy Byrne and co.....This is only one of the many reasons we will never improve when you have idiots like this running the show.

Is Paul flynn still a hurling coach with offaly hurlers ?hahahaha frauds
This annoys the ever living piss out of me, Flanagan had some excellent ideas for improving the side and all development squads and the county board said no because what?.... that's not the way it was done in their day?, it would require too much effort? they couldn't be bothered their arse more like, with the sponsorship money they now have the funds to put these programmes in place and yet they said no, and you will never hear a word on why these initiatives were turned down.
The fact that they had promised Pat Flanagan a number of things and didn't deliver says a lot about the people in charge, untrustworthy springs to mind, i'm the first one to give the county board credit when its due and to their credit they have done a number of things this year that had given me hope that the county was moving forward but not this time, sorry lads, you deserve the flack coming your way on this occasion

If you don't understand the modern game you shouldn't be on the board

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

I couldn't agree with your more....I hear the player pathway isn't been looked after either, people have given there time the right people mind you to put a proper structure in place, and of course the county board won't play ball with them either.....at what point do we have to go to for huge changes at board level to be made.

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

I'm very angry reading that. It's so reminiscent of the bullshit of 14 years ago. Small time, small minds.
Shane Gavin. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Well, who do ye think will be the new manager?

Very harsh on Flanagan. I thought he should be kept for another two years, with his demands.
Good Luck

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

How far from reality must people be to treat someone so poorly?
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.